Universal LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I played the pod race earlier today and got the red brick and 9 of the 10 minikits. The one I am missing (as far as I can tell) is on a ramp on the right, immediately behind a red brick wall. I try to slow down completely and manoeuver around the wall to get to the ramp but always miss getting on it. Is there a trick to this or are you able to get in later in freeplay with a different character or vehicle?

2. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    #162 Mr. Grizzly, Dec 15, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
    When approaching the door of each episode, it shows how many gold bricks, minikit canisters, etc. you have so far. What is the blue canister?

Hm, I think it is an indicator of whether you have completed the time challenge for that chapter (ie. collected all 10 cannisters within the time limit - the cannisters are blue in the time challenge).

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Loving this! So much content. Just bought the rest of the films.

4. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    What is "Super Gonk"? I just unlocked that red brick. A normal Gonk appears to be a droid. The only thing I can think of is Super Gonk allows you to use any droid in freeplay consoles rather than just the one indicated - but I may be wrong. It seems in replaying the first level in freeplay I did not have to switch droids, but don't know if that is normal for freeplay or something that now works due to the red brick being unlocked.

5. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    I noticed that too. I bought the original Trilogy first, and then the remaining episodes II and III in a bundle. Can't seem to unlock Jango Fett or General Grevous, but episode I allowed me to unlock Darth Maul.

No cheat codes at the Cantina Either. I should have just bought the $15.00 bundle.

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I have General Grievous unlocked, but I did buy the full bundle up front. I didn't notice him unlocking through gameplay so maybe he comes with the bonus content.

7. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I believe, but may be wrong, that characters are unlocked by completing levels with them. In app purchase allows you access to all movies/levels to play. I don't believe you can just buy characters per se.

8. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    Yes, I defeated both Jango and Gen G.

Yes, I bought both original trillogy pack $4.99, and Prequel pack.$4.99
    (All levels are unlocked)

***Didn't Buy (which I believe is the reason I can't unlock them in the Cantina)
    -Arcade Mode
    -Bonus Pack (?)
    -Bounty Hunter Missions

9. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    So basically the pricing is

$14.99 Everything (recommended)
    $4.99 - Separate Trilogy Packs (Play the whole game, but no special characters)
    $2.99 - Per episode (you're cautious, yet stubborn and you'll pay for it)
    $1.99 - Bonus Packs, Extras, Bounty Hunter - (You were too cheap to buy the $15 all in one, now suffer the fiscal consequences)

I wonder if it's possible to just buy the $15 bundle (after purchasing other content) and it will just subtract from the amount you've already spent. That way it's a $5 fix instead of a $10 mistake.

10. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    There are vehicle's you can buy with minikit's, so my guess is that you can go back later in freeplay and get it with a different vehicle. It's only a guess though, I'm playing through both trilogy's first before I go back and try freeplay.

11. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    The $15 bundle is definitely the way to go, once you unlock it the whole game opens up. The Cantina is filled with new characters to play, like the one's you're missing, and you can immediately play the extra content. (No further unlocking required) You definitely get your money's worth.

12. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah, and you get everyone's favorite bug-eyed, green skinned, and tentacle haired badass Jedi Knight, Kit Fisto!

13. killercow

killercow Well-Known Member

Aka the worst Jedi in a 4 vs 1 battle ;)

14. saansilt

saansilt 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Mar 23, 2013
    Hey hey hey, that fight was rigged.
    If you watched the cartoon, genndy not the cgi garbage, fisto is awesome.
    The Star wars: Clone wars animated shorts.

Also,

iOS 6, my nemesis, conquers yet again.

15. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Doing some research and I found out that this game is actually two different Lego games in one (Star Wars 1 and 2), so is a pretty good value to get all in one for $15. Next we need The Clone Wars (Lego SW 3). Would be cool if they ported that to ios too.

16. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Just had a pretty bad experience, went to load my saved game (was at about 25%) and all my progress was wiped! Really disappointed, and makes me nervous to start a new game. Has anyone else had a problem?

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #177 VirtualBoyFreak, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
    Maybe the savegame is synced with a server? Check your connection, reset your device and reload the game. Maybe that helps... If it's a serious bug, we might get an expedited update.

Finished EP1 last night, bought the complete pack and played EP5 level 1 (Snowspeeders). It's a fantastic game, with many and varied levels :)

18. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The Snowspeeder level is great fun, and the asteroid field battle later in EP5 is excellent too. I'm thoroughly enjoying the game.

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I just downloaded this, based on all comments.

Let's kick some brick.

20. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    why $15 pals??? in which Appstore? i've got the complete bundle for 9.99, as the appstore iaps description says :confused: