Universal LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Hmm. So you're saying that the app does not increase in size after unlocking all IAP?

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    All the content is built into the app. The IAPs simply unlock the content, there is no further downloading neccessary.

3. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Ok thanks for the clarification

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Is there a way to use all unlocked/purchased characters in a given level (like in lego batman) vs. having to use the pre selected characters?

Please help

5. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    I believe in Story mode, which is how you play each level the first time, you use game-given characters. After finishing a level in Story mode you can play the level in Free Olay mode where you can use any characters you have unlocked.

6. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Thank you....that's what I was looking for

7. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It looks as if this is going to add a lot of replay value to the game. During my first play-through I'm seeing a lot of areas that can only be accessed by characters outside of the main storyline. The game is pretty huge as it stands but the Free Play option is going to open it up even more.

8. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    How much space is needed for this game? The sdescription says 1.44GB. My phone says I have 1.5GB available but it wouldn't load. So I deleted a few things. Now it says I have 1.7GB available but it still won't install.

9. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I have no sound while palying this game, nor in the cutscenes - yet under options I see music is on and my iphone sound is on full. Is there somewhere else in the game I can adjust this setting?

10. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I've been having some issues with audio. (iPad 3) Sometimes after playing for a while, the music continues to play normally but the sound effects disappear (lightsabers, blasters, etc) and I have to quit the game and relaunch for things to work properly again.

11. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Is your device muted? Try a reboot? We've had no issue with sound on multiple devices.

Speaking of multiple devices, just wanted to say my son and I both depleted our batteries last night playing this game. It rocks!!!

12. jtfields

jtfields Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2010
    It finally installed once I had 2GB free.

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Wait....did they actually decide to keep the cooperative mode this time from the console versions?

14. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    #154 Mr. Grizzly, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    Restarted, but still no sound on my iphone 4s. My phone is not muted. Kind of ruins part of the effect of playing this game.

I haven't purchased any extra levels yet. Not sure how that would matter, but if its a bug, that info might help.

15. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #155 Jake7905, Dec 14, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
    This has to be (easily) the best Lego game I've played on IOS. Bought the $15 complete saga, after finishing the first episode, and it's completely worth it. The $15 IAP turns this into a full fledged console game; they should have used this format with DC Superheroes and LOTR, it eliminates the extra (greedy) IAP's. Giving away the 1st episode for free is actually very generous, it's like a game in itself. And it helped sell me on buying the complete saga.

My only complaints are the the dull looking graphics on my iPhone 5 and the painful controls. The classic controls are best, but make jumping platforms extremely painful. I found switching to the touch controls for tricky jumps helped immensely.

16. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    No - not multiplayer. My son and I were each playing on our iPads and killed both batteries ;-)

Will have to try touch controls for platforming. I remember sections like that being tough on the DS as well.

17. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    I hope they add iCloud!

18. Mr. Grizzly

May 20, 2011
    Boy do I feel stupid. Just found out what the sound problem was - not in the game or device settings, not on my volume setting, but I had somehow bumped over the little mute switch on the side of my iphone. It didn't effect my music volume so I thought it was an issue specifically with this game. I have never deliberately used that switch so completely forgot it was there. Now on to enjoying the game with sound!! ;)

What are the bonus missions and challenges like?

19. bob1

bob1 New Member

Jul 24, 2013
    anyone know if the annoying help icon can be disabled? I get nonstop instructions about how to change characters and how to use this and that.

thx

20. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    There doesn't appear to be an option to disable these messages, but I agree, it's pretty annoying and pointless having help tips displaying throughout the entire game.