Universal LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    People are just mad, plain and simple. Mad. Can't even glance at the ridiculous San Andreas thread anymore since it derailed into nonsense a week ago. I actually quite like the IAP unlock feature mainly because it lets me try the game out before I buy.

2. wookies1979

wookies1979 Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I agree, I can't understand this at all. Fair enough it's not gone to 4th gen iPod or phone with retina as yet, but 5th generation iPod should surely be done on the same update? I hope it doesn't get overlooked. When I contacted the game support team they had no answers either.

3. Reliabletoaster

Dec 23, 2013
    Iap

I'm glad they have level unlocks. We already have this game for the Wii and if I couldn't try it first I'm not sure I would have paid for it all up front just to have the same game on another device.

4. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    The full game of this is a no brainer slam dunk. The *only* thing that they dropped the ball on was not allowing saves anywhere you wanted. The levels are absolutely huge, properly scrounging through them is a fairly serious investment of time.

Otherwise, it boggles me that people would say the controls are janky, or that it looks like "low res assets from the Wii". Huh?! It looks and plays awesome, this is a fantastic port. This game (the first release of it) was way ahead of its time. To this day the graphics and game mechanics are fresh and a nonstop source of pure gaming joy. There is so much meat on the bone with this game pack that you will feel like you have been trampled by a Bison.

There *is* support for multitasking! I haven't pushed it to test the limits (time? Ram?) but you can 'tab out' and back in which is a lot more than many other big games can say. Still, a long list of 'save anywhere' slots would have been very useful in a game partitioned by such large chapters - especially since the whole game revolves around 'autistic ferret on crack' levels of OCD.

5. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Anyone having an issue getting all 10 canisters in episode 4 chapter 6: rebel attack? I have run through it 3 times now and still only have 9 of 10 and I am positive I hit them all

6. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Totally agree, my favourite game at the moment, quite cool to check youtube for gameplay videos if you get stuck.

The graphics are fine, the controls work well, a ton of content. A brilliant iOS game

7. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    I'm obviously missing something on the arcade mode but I killed 50 mooks but I just got dumped out of the level.

How do you get the orange block?

8. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #228 Gwarmaxx, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2014
    hey guys, i can't get the power brick on Escape from Naboo level, in the puzzle of the upper plaza... seems a bug to me, 'cause i can't push the upper left assembled block into the spot!!!
    any tip for this?

edit: done it!

9. conscript

conscript Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Jul 25, 2012
    Apparently the fourth time is the charm. Just got it!

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    This might help:

http://guides.gamepressure.com/legostarwars2theoriginaltrilogy/

This site has some really good walkthroughs for console games - and LSW is an actual port of the console games, not a scaled down version. Unfortunately, looks like this site only did and walkthrough of the original trilogy, not both trilogies, but at least you have a walkthrough for that one (understand it may be slightly different as they did change the game slightly when they combined Star Wars I and II into one game).

11. PNem

PNem Active Member

Apr 28, 2009
    To get a gold brick on an arcade level, you must beat all 3 scenarios:
    - kill 50 enemies
    - collect 500,000 studs
    - complete the stud hunt

Should be easy to figure out how to change modes.

12. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks. I did not notice the other sub missions.

13. Aventador

Aventador Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Student
    Croatia
    Complete pack IAP is discounted 50 % - currently at $ 4,99

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Well worth picking up. I bought this on the day of release and i'm really enjoying it, a ton of content and hidden stuff. Great game

15. BTNLegend

BTNLegend Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Canada
    Game Impressions

lol. I just got the full game two days ago and I must say that it is filled with a ridiculous amount of content. It's really fun and humourous. It's probably the best Star Wars game currently available in the app store (other than KOTR). Definitely an essential purchase for any big Star Wars fan.

16. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Can't believe I forgot about this, think I'll give it a download.

17. TheClaff

TheClaff Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Senior Producer, Bethesda Game Studios
    Bethesda, Maryland
    Does it save progress if you exit mid level? The levels are long and no way I'll finish them in 1 shot each time.

18. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Nope. You have to pause it and keep it running in the background. :(

19. scrotally

scrotally Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2013
    This doesn't have co-op does it?