Universal LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. abandoneds0uls

Dec 1, 2013
    Thanks

2. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The full game is included in that file size. You just unlock the content via IAP.

3. pouffie

pouffie Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2013
    Mmmm, I am really hesitating about this since I know I won't be immediately playing it.

I don't want to repeat my ghost trick and ace attorney debacles (almost 90% sale from original price). Warner Bros' lego games eventually go down the 0,89/0,99. My opinion is that the IAP prices can go even further down in the long run...

What do you guys think?

4. Roshy

Roshy New Member

Dec 19, 2013
    It's 9.99 for the holidays to unlock everything. I just bought it too. I wish the IAP stuff was watchlistable, so it would be easier to keep an eye on.

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Maybe they'll consider releasing the full port of Batman 2 as well (via IAP).

6. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    This update just made this the must have LEGO game for iOS.

7. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Having a ball with this game, bought every thing but what exactly is the arcade level?

I mooch around till I get 50 kills then it says 'you win' and dumps me back in the hub.

Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thanks in advance.

8. jim2011

jim2011 Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Pretty sure that's the point. Score 50 kills without dying.

9. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Oh.

I'm sure I died in the level but I just got back up.

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Each arcade level has three objectives you can switch between. Do all three to complete that level.

11. Larni

Larni Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Thanks. I was sure I must have missed something obvious.

12. atko92

atko92 Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2011
    Male
    EV Industry
    England, UK
    Bit disappointed the retina graphics upgrade didn't include the iPod 5th gen

13. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Just checked this game out. I have no idea what people are talking about when they say 'low res assets'... Huh?! The game looks insanely sharp and crisp on my ipad 3. Also, for anyone talking about wonky controls - seriously? This is one of the best floating pad implementations I have seen. I'm pretty sure you are having issues because of the fact that the 'floating camera' changes your player axis on a constant basis, as well as the way the characters walk - they are actually taking steps, so turning them means they turn with the 'next step'. The controls feel awesome, the framerate is awesome, I can't believe this is such a great port.

If I had any gripes it would be about the oddball choices of action icons. None of them look even remotely close to what they should be. An attack icon should reflect the attack of that character, that wouldn't have been much to code. The '?' button is your action button? Huh? A question mark to denote using Force powers? Whu? Also, the top icon is the worst, I assume it is an outline of a LEGO head, which would be fine except they use that as an action icon as well. You have to push that to jump into a vehicle? Whu?

The IAP in this game is every where you turn, quite literally, but it isn't unfair and I think it is a no brainer to just buy the whole thing anyway. How big is the whole shebang for space, anyway? *shudder*

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    The whole game is included in the download you are playing. The content is just unlocked via IAP.

15. kaibosh

kaibosh Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Seriously? That is sort of... Insane.

Does anyone remember the first time it was proven that monetized DLC for a 360 game was already included on the disc? People were beyond outraged, there was serious talk of class action lawsuits and such. Oh, if only we knew how bad things would get...

16. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    If I purchase the complete game, can I play any episode in any order?

17. h1ryu

h1ryu Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Yes, but you have to finish the levels within each episode in order.

18. abandoneds0uls

Dec 1, 2013
    How much does it cost in the us to get the whole game?

19. drez

drez Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Wait people are mad about a full game unlock IAP? Isn't that actually a good way to handle things vs freemium consumables and other garbage like that?

20. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I know its unbelievable. This method works very well. You can try a level for free and then buy it