Universal LEGO Lord of the rings (By Warner bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Morgan01

Morgan01 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2013
    USA
    If you look in the App Store, it show various IAPs, 10 different character packs and 5 different levels of multipliers. So, yeah, there is IAP's for the game, 15 total. The question is whether any are required, do they just enhance the gameplay, or if all or some of the characters are automatically unlocked during gameplay. So far, I have been unable to find a decisive answer.

2. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    That is mainly because the mobile verions of this game are not growing in quality like the console counter parts.
    The Vita version and 3DS are quality wise still on psp level. While both can handle more, same goes for ipad.
    While the gameplay is fun the overal " innovation" in themhandheld series is just not there.

3. mutts

mutts Active Member

Jun 28, 2013
    Yeah i noticed after i posted my early remark.
    So i based my opinion on the vita version and previous lego games.
    Shame if the game needs those to finish, still i think a lot of the iap's can be unlocked ingame.

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    The Lego Batman 2 game has iaps for character packs - but as far as I can tell, all those characters can be found through normal gameplay. So the iaps help you get those characters quicker - perhaps it is the same in this game too.

5. Ozes

Ozes Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2012
    Kind of upset that the beginning fight before Sauron was not there on the PC you get to fight the hordes... Anyone know why this is not there?

6. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Because this isnt the PC version.

7. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    If these mobile versions are stripped down, I'd hate to see the file size and install space needs for the full titles! I'd only be able to fit two actual Lego games on my iPad before not having enough free space to install a third.

8. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    I hear ya!

I just spent 15 minutes trying to jump up to a platform on the first mission with Elron. Couldn't do it. Deleted the game.

9. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    #89 killy billy, Nov 12, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
    You could just press the jump button..... :rolleyes:

10. Sojourn

Sojourn Well-Known Member

Jumping in Prologue

I was actually coming here to post a question about that level -- I can double-jump as Elrond to let to the other side, but Isildur can't, so I need to use the Lego bricks in the wall to climb over instead. I can jump up and grab the first one, but can't seem to jump over to the other without falling.

The control tip that popped up the first time I reached the area told me to tap-drag-tap, but I can't seem to get it to work. Any advice? I also tried switching to virtual controls, but couldn't get it to work, either. Has anyone successfully gotten over the lava and past the Prologue (the TA reviewer seemed to be able to, so it must be possible).

11. Surfheart

Surfheart Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Australia
    Same problem. It worked once but I have no idea what I did differently.

12. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    There's an extra handhold that you have to build on the other side using Elrond. If you don't build it, that jump is impossible. Odd for a tutorial level that they don't explain that. They probably assume it's not the player's first LEGO game.

13. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    weird, i don't have any problem with that!
    hold the virtual control stick to the right (or left/up/down) & press jump... ;)

14. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #94 Intendro, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    The analog stick is positioned better than in Lego Batman 2. (iPhone 5.)
    It seemed to respond better too, though I've barely played so far.
    I really hope they update Lego Batman 2 to this.

One does not simply jump into Mordor...
    I just had to make the joke. :p

15. Sojourn

I tried it again and still had the same problem! Weird.

Also, re: using Elrond to build the last bracket in the wall -- how would one go about doing that? There's been no instruction on making anything with Lego blocks (I actually didn't realize that was an option at all!).

16. Shaun Musgrave

Shaun Musgrave Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2013
    Freelance writer, teacher, business owner
    Ibaraki, Japan
    There's a destructible object on the other side. When you smash it, among the studs there will be a few little pieces jumping around when you're near them. Tap on them until the object is built.

17. ninyule

ninyule Member

Jul 17, 2012
    Help! How do you light the fire under the kettle in the shire village?

18. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Sam, I think, has the ability to light fires.

19. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    When standing near an object, the character list should appear at the bottom of the screen with the usable character(s) flashing (if any are in your party). At least if the hint option is on. And a hint "!" appears at the right of the screen, tapping it tells you what character/character types can use the object.

20. Sojourn

I'll try it, thanks!