Universal LEGO Lord of the rings (By Warner bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    All the Lego ports for ios (from the 3DS and PS Vita) are scaled down versions of the console games - very worthwhile in their own rights, but not open world or as fully explorable areas as the console versions. They contain many (but not all) of the videos, but sometimes do miss out some of the story connecting videos. Also, most of the time you can only switch between a certain number of characters in your party in freeplay mode -whereas some of the console Lego games (specifically the newer ones) have it so you can switch between any characters you have unlocked/purchased.

2. Devok

Devok Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Finally a great game with no great IAP

3. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    hajahahaha damn u didnt answer lol

4. marker1c

marker1c Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2010
    Philipines
    no iap? i wouldnt bet on it if i were you

5. #45 CharleneLam8, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
    This looks great but I won't be picking it up even though I am a massive Lego game fan.

I'm waiting on Marvel Lego. Please happen on iOS.

I have the DC, Batman one and the two Harry Potter games and I adore them. But most of the fun for me is in also adoring the franchises that birthed the games.

In the case of Lord of the Ring, I find the books and the films some of the most boring things I have ever witnessed. And I am imagining there will be no fun in playing this.

Sad Charlene :(

So please. Hurry up with the Marvel one.

6. Defard

Defard Well-Known Member

May 25, 2011
    UK
    A question for those who played the vita version....I usually pick up the lego games for my kids...would this be the same sort of difficulty level as batman etc?

7. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I have all of the Lego games and got this one too I'm lovin' it! :D:D:D

8. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    What about coop? Does anyone know?

9. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm enjoying it so far. Switching to the virtual controls made the game playable for me. So thankful they've kept that option in these games. This is definitely one of those Holiday games for me that I'm sure ill be playing through the year's end.

10. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I have not finished the game yet by any means, but in the Vita version, I only really had difficulty with one battle with this huge monster. I think I misunderstood how to injure him so kept doing it wrong and kept getting killed until I went online and found out what to do.

11. TheMerc

TheMerc Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2012
    I'd be very surprised if LEGO Marvel didn't make its way to iOS in the next couple of months: probably not now - since, being so soon after the game's release on Vita/3DS, it might hurt their sales numbers there if the same game was released for a cheaper price on iOS - but I'm thinking there's a good chance we'll see it in a couple of months, like what happened with LEGO Batman 2.

iOS is shaping up to be a great platform for LEGO fans: both the Harry Potter games are already here, this year saw the release of Batman 2 and Lord of the Rings, and next year will see the classic Star Wars games ported as well! All that's missing now are Indiana Jones (come on, do it!), Pirates of the Caribbean and Marvel!

12. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So tempted. Not a Harry Potter fan at all so avoided those games but this does look good

CANT wait for Star Wars next year but i may get this in the meantime. The filesize is massive but from the gameplay video this does look great.

Just need to free up space now !

13. Pipipitchu

Pipipitchu Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Civil Servant
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    So how is the port? Nobody played it yet?

14. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Just compared the Sanuku's video with other gameplay videos from both the Vita and Console/PC, and this is definitely the Vita version.

15. Almostacake

Almostacake Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    If anybody has an ipod 4, please see how it runs. I dont want to waste my money again...

16. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Wow just amazing batman wuz great dis even better

17. renzy18

renzy18 New Member

May 24, 2013
    Sound like Amazing game :) as fan of Lego stars wars game i always wanted a Lego version of Lord of the ring and they have given us one :D keen for this to come to Australia appstore this would look good better with MFI controller then touch screen as most new big name games obviously need a controller such as (ModernCombat1-4), (Fifa 12-14), (NBA2k 13&14), real racing, fast and the furious, RPG fantasy games and i like joystick better then tap all the time

18. JMarceLF

JMarceLF Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    CHEF
    California
    Are the Ipad Air and 5s powerful enough to have more optimized versions of these lego games. They always seem so lifeless com paired to the consoles. Visually I mean.

19. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Does this have the same ridiculously long levels before you can save like LEGO Batman? That's the only thing that keeps me from playing that more. It's one thing on a console, but a mobile game with 30 minutes between save points is idiotic.

20. Jesse7277

Jesse7277 Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I'm enjoying it. Getting used to the controls takes a second but for $4.99 it's well worth it. Ecspecially if you're a fan of Tolken. Runs great on iPad mini.