Universal LEGO Lord of the rings (By Warner bros)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Danz060391, Nov 7, 2013.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Will definitely put on my 5S but how do we think it will run on an ipad 3?

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Oh wow... what a friggin good surprise.

3. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    The Vita/3DS version got a terrible review on IGN - 3.8/Awful. Might be worth a read for anyone interested in this port.

4. Edmilan

Edmilan Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Philippines
    Oh no, it's another app i have to buy but i'm not in range of any wifi device!

5. Parvin

Parvin Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Can't wait to get this tmrw

6. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Nooooo!!! I'm broke till Friday!!! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!! I can't wait to get this. What a shocker!!!

7. So this game looks like a port of the Vita game...which had some quite negative reviews...and there is also in-app purchases...seeing the in-app purchases system in Lego Batman 2, I have a feeling this game's in-app purchases may be like that

Guys, convince me that I should actually buy this game

8. arrow123

arrow123 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2013
    Does anyone think it will run on iPod touch 4g? There's nothing that says it won't, so I'm still hopeful

9. Almostacake

Almostacake Active Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Yeah im curious too, dont want to waste 5 bucks like i did on bastion -.-

10. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    Just a quick note for everyone who are on the fence about LEGO games by Warner Bros. They always have a $0.99 sale every Christmas. If you have enough pateince, you could save yourself some Itunes credit to spend on other games. :) I don't usually encourage people to wait for sales, but since these games are from a giant company like Warner Bros, I am not too worry about them not making enough profit.

11. PsYcHoNoVa

PsYcHoNoVa Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2013
    
    I definitely plan on holding out.

12. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    There are way too many indie developers for me to try and support at full price now. So, I will not buy any games from giant companies like EA, Warner Bros, 2K Games, Square Enix, etc. except they go on sale. More money for indies :)!

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    You read my mind, especially considering the questionable quality of this particular Lego game. Plus, I still have both Harry Potter games in my backlog from Warner's last 99 cent sale. Though I'm finding it hard to get myself motivated to play a game about Harry Potter, and would consider paying full price for this game if the reviews and impressions are glowing. Or at least mostly positive.

14. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    The gameplay videos from Sanuku make the game looks very convincing to me, but the reviews for this particular Lego game is relatively lower than previous Lego titles (especially the reviews for PS Vita and 3DS version).

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/11/26/lego-the-lord-of-the-rings-vita3ds-review

15. themostunclean

themostunclean Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    IGN has never been very find if mobile lego titles. They gave Lego Batman a "mediocre" score and I quite liked it. So far Lego LoTR seems to be on par with what I've come to expect. Better than the second Harry Potter game, at least.

16. biokid

biokid Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Wop Wops
    You are correct indeed. They tend to expect too much for mobile games and compare them to console games.

This review from pocketgamer is more favourable:

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/PS+Vita/Lego+The+Lord+of+the+Rings%3A+The+Video+Game/review.asp?c=46979

17. If this is the Vita port, my advice is simple: STAY AWAY. I love the Lego series and grabbed Lego LOTR on Vita for free as it was part of the PS Plus instant game collection. One word: awful.

Deleted from the Vita. Do not spend a cent. TT are just plain LAZY with their shitty ports and it disgusts me. Play it on a TV console as that's the only decent version.

18. QWERTYthebold

QWERTYthebold Active Member

Feb 10, 2011
    What's different about the port?

19. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    I got this game on my Vita - and I love it. The background/scenery graphics are amazing for a portable device, and the gameplay is pretty good, as good as or better than Batman 2. So forget the critics. For five bucks you can't go wrong. The only negative. I can see is if they slightly changed the game (like Batman 2) and made it so you had to pay extra real money to get the X2 Red Brick (and also didn't have the other stud multipliers).