Universal LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. MrMojoRisin

MrMojoRisin Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Well it could be argued that KOTOR is the best SW game in iOS, but this is certainly the best on iPhone or iPod Touch! :)

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Maybe something in my post got lost in translation? You pretty much repeated much of what I was saying. I was applauding the game taking this approach even if I don't buy stuff through IAP. I don't consider this freemium though, it's more shareware like what happened with the Walking Dead where episode 1 became free and the others are pay but the whole game is a premium experience without consumable coins or other stupid garbage that is ruining gaming. As is the case with the walking dead, I didn't miss out on that either as I have it on another platform (PC through Steam). I game on more than just my iphone... though my iphone is my primary gaming platform most of the time.

I don't understand how I'll miss out on the game if I buy the console version :confused: ? I'll spend $10 to $30 and mainly to play co-op with my kids (which this version doesn't have anyway, right?, so who is missing out ;) ). Plus later if they get bored with it I could always sell it and make some money back. :) .

As for everyone else that wants this, I have no judgment about how you purchase games or weather you play the iOS version to death or don't or if you value one feature over another. It's all good :D we can all co-exist and be helpful to one another. The iOS edition plays perfectly on my 4S.

3. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Nightc1 -

Apologies if I came across as judgmental. Didn't mean to. Just wanted to clarify for thread readers how the paying works in this title.

IAP's are a sensitive topic around here these days and I suspect that notion more than anything else prompted responses to your post.

I may re-buy the DS version as well :)

4. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    No problem. I have no issue at all with your post and wasn't responding to it. I quoted MrMojoRisin in my reply since he seemed to think I was saying something different than I was.

We all seem to agree this is a premium game with IAP content unlocks. :cool:

5. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    How much is it to purchase the whole game? According to the page on the app store, it says $5 for each trilogy, but then $15 for the whole saga. Is this a pricing glitch, or are there extras when you spend $15?

6. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    $15 for everything. That's what they mean by "the whole saga."

7. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    Yeah, I had my head up my ass for a second. Of course the console version is just as good as this one, maybe better if you primarily play games on your couch with your kids.

8. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #108 Intendro, Dec 12, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
    Question!
    (I quickly went through this thread and didn't see this specified.)

If the trilogies are $5 each, but the "everything" adds another $5...
    Does that only include things you could unlock for free instead? (Like being able to buy characters or unlock them free in Lego Batman 2 and LotR.)
    Or do I actually have to buy the everything pack if I want everything?

1. I'd rather save money.
    2. I'd rather earn unlockable stuff instead of throwing money at them.

(And maybe someone can give me a brief description of what all the extras are?)

9. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    The other $5 goes for other content beyond the character unlocks. There are other missions and stuff outside of the 6 Episodes. Mr. Grizzley had pretty much the same question... here's the pricing break down I was typing up for him..

$14.99 is everything the game has to offer which includes:

Prequel Trilogy Bundle $4.99 (includes 2 episodes & Challenge Pack)
    Original Trilogy Bundle $4.99 (includes 3 episodes)
    Empire Characters Pack $0.99 (characters)
    Jedi Pack $0.99 (characters)
    Bonus Pack $1.99 (bonus levels)
    Arcade Pack $1.99 (arcade levels).
    Bounty Hunter Pack $1.99 (missions)

According to the game it costs $9.90 more to buy everything individually over buying the Complete Saga Bundle. But I think that's buying even the episodes as individual packs rather than the whole saga pack. Buying the trilogy bundles instead of individual episodes it would cost $17.93, which is a savings of $2.94 unless I'm missing something (which is possible).

Still buying the extra levels and stuff separate without the characters will still cost more than the $14.99 so if you want all the levels that's the way to go.

10. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    Okay, thank you.

11. darnoc703

darnoc703 Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Can you unlock the characters through play? Or do you have to purchase through the iap

12. MrMojoRisin

Jul 27, 2012
    I think the correct answer to that question is "yes".

You get characters as you encounter them in story mode, but to encounter them all in story mode, you have to have all the episodes.

13. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Around these parts IAP's stand for: I Am Pissed!

14. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Most members here equate it with: I Ain't Paying! ;)

15. Johnny101

Johnny101 Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2011
    USA
    Has anyone tested this on the iPod touch 4G, I know, I know,... I'm still playing on this old POS :D

16. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I didn't think I would be into Lego games but I am really enjoying this one. What do you do with the gold bricks that you can buy from the shopkeeper?

17. nightc1

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I don't think anyone has tried it yet on one. The game is free. Maybe you could test it for the community?

18. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I've never had that problem with LEGO Batman, and I'm running it on a 4S.

19. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    Was a little let down by the low res textures but decided to give it a go. Actually isn't all that bad. May even go for the whole shabang.

20. D-Vader

D-Vader Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2011
    America
    Is the $15 purchase for the whole game worth it? Or should I spend my iTunes credit elsewhere?