Universal LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Agreed. Especially with the ios version so new... no luck looking for any help. Endor prologue anyone?

So -- can anyone please tell me where to find the stud magnet brick? It's always my favorite and I'm stumped.

2. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    In Lego Star Wars games what purpose does your energy serve since when you die you just respawn each time with no penalty for dying?

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Bummer. I picked up the Mac version, so I decided to order a Prima strategy guide. I think it was a reviewer who said that at the end of the strategy guide there was stuff on the handheld version (3DS, Vita, iOS). So, is that stuff at the end pretty lame? I haven't received my guide yet, but I was hoping it might clue me in on a few things.

4. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    A couple of the boss challenges require defeating the enemy without dying to receive the award. Other than that, I can't see much point of the energy system.

5. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    not sure to be honest. i surfed their website, got annoyed and just muscled my way through the games side content

6. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    #106 Talbs, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    This won't be a popular opinion at all but I'm finding this game to essentially be a 3d platformer. In the style that it's just specifc paths of run, jump, double jump, grab, climb, double jump, run, shoot shoot, hold to build, knock down, build again, waste 10 minutes trying to figure out what the creators of this game wanted you to do at this specific location before allowing you to get on with it. Then I rode a Lego beast thing for a little while before back to more 3d platformer. Miss-timed a few platform jumps and uggghhhh had to start the sequence again; that really got on my nerves.
    Someone please tell me it gets deeper than that right? Have deleted because I was seeing a 3d platformer, which isn't my game, but would consider coming back if there's more depth.

Edit: sorry, i forgot to say that the visuals in both cinematic and gameplay truely are fantastic. Also, the humour is great. Really takes the story line and mixes up a serious tone with some great Lego and just downright cheeky humour. Really well done.

Disclaimer: this is my first Lego game, and I am not 10 years old, so not sure if I am the target audience for this one anyway. Do love Star Wars though.

7. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, LEGO games can end up being a love-it or hate-it kind of thing. Personally, I love playing an action/adventure/platformer/puzzler/shooter with a touch of humor in my favorite IPs.

But, I can agree that at times it just feels like a platformer. I definitely had a couple sequences I did more than once to get through. But I enjoy the gameplay, controls, and LEGO SW universe so much, it didn't really bug me.

As for going deeper, there is a bunch of stuff to unlock after you've beaten the story, and you'll need to unlock this thing to get to unlock this character who will help you unlock this other thing. Now I'm going through it to try and 100% the game. This is probably my favorite LEGO game yet, and I own almost all the premium ones, if not all of them.

They're definitely meant for a huge age range. So, the gameplay isn't as difficult and the puzzlers aren't as perplexing as other games out there. But at the same time, it's a nice balance to offset playing through SW KOTOR!

8. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Just got my physical guide in the mail, and it's actually an awesome guide. Full console guide as well as a full handheld guide! Tons of info, pics, checklists, and more. One of the best non-RPG guides I've ever looked through. Now, the eGuide on the other hand is the same, formatted differently, and non-downloadable. I'm hoping someone wants to tear there guide apart, scan it, and make a pdf version so we can put it on our kindle app.

9. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    guys does anyone here know where to unlocked kylo ren?

10. Pheebers

Pheebers Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Exactly, exactly. My least favorite parts have been the pod racing, which I would skip, except that I'm determined to get to 100%. I also am not fond of the hub system in this game -- every time you finish a level on free play you end up at the beginning of a hub and you have to travel to get to a portal and then travel to get to your next level. It's cumbersome. But I love Lego & SW and the humor. It's great that they have lines from the movie & had the actual actors record additional ones. It makes a big difference when you're immersing yourself in the universe.

I am very excited that I finally found the one character who has the unique ability I was missing (no spoilers). Still haven't found the stud magnet, but I've hit the max studs you can carry anyway (99,999,999) so it's not top on the list anymore.

11. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Thanks for your opinion contrasted to mine, it's interesting to find out what makes these tick for you. I guess it's just not my thing.
    Funny you mention KOTOR, the whole time I was playing this (the actual gameplay and not the cinematic scenes because I was just outright enjoying those), I was wanting really just to play KOTOR instead.

Anyway, can see the attraction here and to the in series in general, have always wanted to try but now know it's not for me, but really glad to read that so many are having a blast and wanting to go on and 100% the game.

12. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, I got unmasked Kylo Ren
    after I beat the story.

As for hooded/masked Kylo Ren, the guide says
    complete All Collectibles challenge on Jakku - First Order Assault.

13. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I’m at 98.4% completion with just two more challenges to do. I still haven’t managed to complete the challenge where you have to deflect a stormtroopers bolt back at him. Any tips on that one?

I assume I have to use a character with a lightsaber, but the main problem is that the stormtroopers hardly ever fire at me. They battle with my fellow characters and end up getting defeated by them.

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this is weird, i have beat the game like week ago and keep playing until now but i still haven't unlocked the unmasked kylo. there must some special objectives on some location(story mode) that i have to complete. well, i guess i have just to replaying every missions and beat all the details objectives :D. thanks for replying curtis :D. so obsessed with this whole lego thing :D :p

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Oh, yeah! Just looked through the guide to find which chapter and mission that was on. And it says
    characters such as Luke or Darth Vader can deflect shots. Just hold down the attack button, and there's a chance that the deflection will hit the Stormtroopers.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well, after you've beaten the game, tap on the character window, go to free play/character select, find Kylo, and then pay 500K studs to unlock him. Then you should be able to switch him out during free play.

17. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    You also lose studs when you die so there is a slight penalty.

18. TheLastStarFighter

TheLastStarFighter New Member

Jul 9, 2016
    Last minikit

I have one minikit keeping me from 100%. It is in Escape from the Finalizer, Finalizer Exterior. At the start of the level there is a tie fighter inside the middle section of the ship, flying in a figure eight with a minikit towed behind it. I have played this level at least 50 times and can not get it. If you shoot it the minikit explodes and the tie fighter warps away. If you run into the minikit it explodes and the tie fighter warps away. I can follow directly behind the thing in that figure eight but can not get the minikit. I can not find a guide anywhere online for the iOS version.
    Anyone have an ideas or have been successful? Please help I am so close to 100%

19. TheLastStarFighter

Jul 9, 2016
    It was one of the challenges during the fight with Kylo Ren that unlocked it. Either defeat him with out losing a life or defeat 3 snow troopers with 1 attack I think, but it's in that area somewhere

20. TheLastStarFighter

Jul 9, 2016
    The Flamethrower stormtrooper is fireproof