Universal LEGO® Star Wars™: The Force Awakens (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 28, 2016.

1. Silvestris

Silvestris Well-Known Member

what's the difference between floating and fixed, for the virtual d-pad?

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Fixed is fixed on the screen, and floating will land anywhere (within reason) that you put your thumb down on the screen. Haven't tried but that's usually the story

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup, that's exactly it. I usually use the floating D-pad for these LEGO games. It works perfectly for me.

4. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Ok I spent about 2hrs with the PC/Console version as well as the iOS/3DS/Vita versions. I am not complaining here, both versions play fantastic but here are observed differences for those curious.

. Cut scenes are often trimmed probably for size, there's alot of BB8 humor on Jakka in cutscenes that is missing from the iOS version.
    . The game play is the same but most puzzles/mini games are changed up and/or simplified for the iOS version.
    . The entire battle for endor tutorial from the pc/console version is listed as coming soon on the iOS version.
    . There is a open exploration area at the rebel base inbetween the endor tutorial and jakka mission where you play as Poe and BB8 thats not iOS present.
    . There is a open exploration area inbetween the Jakka mission and the Star Destroyer escape where you play as Poe and Fynn thats not iOS present.
    . Actual stages, the PC/console version is largely 3rd person full 3d enviroments. iOS version so far has been more scrolling left/right stage. Same enviroments, different purpose.

As said before, both versions rock, the mobile version is just definitely trimmed.

o7

5. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    So the iOS and 3DS versions are the same??

Here in Australia the 3DS version is $50 that's all.

6. heringer

heringer Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2011
    #26 heringer, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  7. scottsoapbox

scottsoapbox Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Seems like a good evolution of the Lego games so far (very similar with a bit more). Sadly all of the complete season stuff is "coming soon". Would have been nice to have it unlock *something* today.

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    ok there are definitely story progression differences.

Pc/console
    . Battle of endor
    . Open exploration at episode 7 rebel hideout with Poe/bb8
    . Battle of Jakku
    . Open exploration at post battle site with Poe/Flynn
    . End chapter 1, off to star destroyer

Mobile
    . Exploration of Jakku village with Poe/bb8
    . Battle of Jakku
    . Rey/bb8 clear out wrecked star destroyer
    . Exploration of Jakku village with generic soldier and Poe. You can not switch between the two until you place Poe in the transport ship and then all there is to do here is collect coins.
    . End chapter 2, off to star destroyer

On pc version the final exploration at end of chapter 1 is a completely wrecked Jakku village at night and on fire. Fully interactive with characters all around that you can purchase with Lego bits.

On mobile version it's a day time Jakku village that looks untouched.

Oh and captain phasma looks much more shines and metallic on pc/console :p

9. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Other than Star Wars the Complete Saga (which is actually the same as the console version, not the other mobile versions), all portable Lego games on ios are the same as their counterparts on the 3ds and Vita. The only significant differences I have seen are the prices to unlock characters is often higher, and several of these games do not have all the red brick multipliers (some games only have the x2 red brick). I think the idea behind this is to get more people to buy gold bricks or character packs, as it would take so much longer to grind studs for the characters.

For those who gripe that the ios/mobile versions of Lego games are not the same as the console versions, they are not intended to be - they have the same basic storyline, but they are intended for play on the go, shorter levels (often these games use 3 short levels to cover the content of one console level), more simplified puzzles - but they are still fun and truly worth playing in their own right. I enjoy both the mobile versions and the console versions of each game.

10. PROAPK

PROAPK Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2015
    PROAPK CHANNEL
    Free?? Good work Lego :D

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Downloading now
    Season pass will be mine
    Love Star Wars and enjoyed part vii a lot and I've been waiting on this one
    Didn't expect a mobile release

12. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    Pretty sure the Vita, 3DS and iOS versions are identical.

Which is not to say they're bad, but there's no real reason to buy more than 1, for sure.

13. TheOutlander

TheOutlander Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Bought the PS4 and Vita version today, so far so good, I've been having a blast with my gf with the PS4 version and the Vita version looks nice, I'm getting this version too, I love Star Wars and LEGO, let alone both combined :D

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    -rolls around in lego bliss-

i love the support lego has given mobile since its infancy :)

15. EvilDucktator

EvilDucktator 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Sep 28, 2011
    Walt Disney World Cast Member
    Brisbane, Australia
    $35 price difference between the Complete Season Pass on iOS and the 3DS version. I don't think the DLCs are coming out for the Nintendo systems either. 3D aside, this makes the decision a no-brainer. Looks like the 3DS version has some more open world stuff but I'd probably get the PS4 version as well anyway.

16. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Well the $10 Complete Season Pass did unlock the otherwise $7 The Force Awakens story levels. The extra $3 is for all the other content which seems like a nice price. True, I wish we could have it all right away. But at least we've got something to play in the meantime!

17. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    One wish so far

. If you have a full Xbox/ps4 functional controller like the moga, I wish the full console control scheme would work. Triggers and all :)

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    My biggest wish so far would be that they add a "Back to Hub" or "Exit" button on the screen after finishing a level. Right now I think there's only a "Replay" button on the left and a "Continue" button on the right. There should always be a way to get back to the main menu and/or title screen easily in games.

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Agreed. Navigating around the game in general is a bit confusing.

20. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011
    Really enjoying this one so far. Bough the season pass as I have pretty much every other Lego X game out there.

I just wish they would add controller support for the pause button and remove it from the screen to free up some screen space.

Other than that great game and love switching between my phone and pad.

Might go back and play the first Lego Star Wars after this. That was a great game.