Universal LEGO® Jurassic World(TM)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Mar 31, 2016.

1. touchy85

touchy85 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2015

These Lego games remind me of Kairosoft games in a way. They're all good and similar to each other. If you like the theme buy them, if you don't like the theme don't get them. Personally I like the Jurassic Park theme and I really think this game looks a bit sharper and controls a bit better than the other Lego World games.

2. Avatre

Avatre Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    And on this recommendation, I've snatched it up :) Thanks.

3. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Personally, if I could only get one, I would get the one tied to my favorite franchise. So, whatever your favorite franchise is, that's the one I'd suggest you pick up. They are all good. For me, I'm way into Star Wars this year, so if I could only grab one, it would be Star Wars. However, I feel like Batman: Beyond Gotham is better made. It's just tighter and levels aren't quite as long. I also have Lord of the Rings on my phone too, and that one is great as well! I do tend to prefer the ones that look more like their console counterpart like the three above and Harry Potter 5-7, Batman 2, and this Jurassic World over the isometric view of Marvel and Harry Potter 1-4. They are still great, but just don't feel as immersive.

RedRibbon suggests that this is the best one yet for mobile, but since I don't have it, Batman: Beyond Gotham is the best one I've tried. Though, like I said, I would get Star Wars if I could only get one. Then LOTR, then Batman BG, then this one just because that's how the order in which I like the franchises at the moment.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Same, thanks redribbon! :D

5. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    Thanks, I respect that, and appreciate that! ;)

6. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Pretty decent Jump'n'Run Game in the Jurrasic Park World. I can't recommend it enough if you liked so far any of the Lego Games of the last couple of years you will enjoy this One too.

7. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Glad you mentioned batman I've been on the fence about picking it up now I will and this is one is very good as well def a must buy :) you will be glad you did

8. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    My favorite Lego games were the ones that had bases to build in between stages(you used Lego bits you collected in the stage to complete various objects in the base), large areas to explore, etc. does this have either of those?

9. _mean.13

_mean.13 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2014
    There's very little to explore sadly#

10. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Nm, answered my own question by watching you two's videos. Tymuch for posting them :)

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    I think I've gotta go with redribbon and say this is the best entry on iOS so far. Sure, with these games it all comes down to which franchise you like best, but with this one in particular the controls feel much tighter than in the previous games, there's (as always) a heap of content to get through (which is delightfully varied), there's no weird IAP unlock system like in the Star Wars one and for the first time since the original Harry Potter, there are no IAPs of any sort in a LEGO tItle.

12. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    I'm having a lot of fun with this one. Tons of content and a lot of replay value if you want to collect all the hidden items in each level, to unlock your dinosaur collection and other extras. Great stuff!

13. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    yes - and fantastically well implemented. I'm using a gamevice with a 6S+ and it really is brilliant.

14. TotallyImba

TotallyImba Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2010
    United Kingdom
    How does this version differ from the console?

15. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Thanks! Yeah, once I beat Batman I'll probably switch it out with this one. Really excited to now!

16. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #36 Son of Anarchy, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    Really impressed with this so far, I know it wasn't originally made for iOS but it feels like it was, and that's important. The controls and UI feel just right, unlike all the other ones where the controls felt dodgy like they were added as an afterthought. Glad they went with actual voice acting as well rather than the usual grunts, hmmms and haaa's.

Production is stellar and the sounds are fantastic. Really just another quality helping of the usual *Travellers Tale LEGO franchise with a steaming Jurassic Park filling. I think the theme resonates with me a little more this time and (as an older gamer) I don't feel like I'm playing a 'kids' game as I have with some of the others.

I remember how excited I was playing the Star Wars Trilogy when it first released on the PS2, and this is the first LEGO game since then that has given me another taste of that feeling.

*edit

17. Parrotdad

Parrotdad Member

Mar 10, 2016
    Well said! This is coming from a gamer in his 50's.

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    What's the installed size is this bad boy?

19. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    989 MB on my iPad.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Awesome. Thanks!