Universal LEGO® Batman: Beyond Gotham (by Warner Bros.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anyone able to test out if there is MFi support?

2. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Was hoping for Jurassic World, but will absolutely take this. Played for a few min and seems to be your standard lego "fill-in-the-blank" game....which is a good thing for me at least. Nothing new here, yet, but if you like the others, you will like this.

3. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Well that's disappointing to hear it's nothing special. Back to the vita lol. Jurassic World would be sweet to have on iOS though

4. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    From the screenshots, it looks the same as the 3DS version, and 45 missions is what that version has (15 console levels split into three bite-size mobile levels each - which is pretty standard for the mobile version of Lego games).

My guess on the name is because there is no Lego Batman for ios. When Lego Batman 2 DC Superheroes came out on ios, it didn't have a 2 in the title either so was just called Lego Batman DC Superheroes.

What I want more info on is the description line that seems to indicate more characters or skins will be available later on. Yes, there is dlc in the console version, but usually the mobile Lego games do not have that - and the Vita and 3DS versions of this game do not have dlc (as far as I know).

5. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Anyone know if the levels are more like LEGO Marvel or LEGO Batman DC? Thanks!

6. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    More like Lego Batman....

8. nrfuller

nrfuller Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Office Manager
    Wilmington, DE
    This is definitely not a port of the console version, but neither is it a very slimmed down vita/3ds/ios version of the game, the way handheld versions of lego marvel were. I enjoyed lego marvel on ios but it was definitely nothing like the console experience. Whereas this is a lot closer.

9. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

So it it its own thing??

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    The reason there is confusion is because the mobile (vita/DS) versions were made to play in a similar perspective as the console versions. This is a port of those handheld versions I believe, after seeing the footage. So, no it's not it's own thing, but a port. The Lego Marvel iOS game had a much different perspective from its console brothers, but that too was a port of a mobile version.

11. islesfan

islesfan Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    When you die do you have to start the level over a la Marvel and LEGO Movie, or do you contiue where you left off like all other LEGO games?

12. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    The latter. It just takes studs away and let's you play until you win. The levels are longer than in Marvel, so thank goodness!

13. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    Good. That's the only thing I don't like about LEGO Marvel, and it actually made me give up on LEGO Movie. I can't pass the mine cart level, and I got sick of doing it over and over again. It reminded me of Dragon's Lair from the 80s. If you don't already know the sequence, you can't pass the level.

14. BYU88

BYU88 Member

Jan 8, 2015
    #35 BYU88, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
    It does have "full" controller support, just select touch controls and connect your controller. Sometimes the menus dont work with the controller but gameplay is perfect with the controller. I am using the Mad Catz Micro CTRL I

Edit: nevermind, movement works but when completing actions it requires you to draw on the touchscreen, so it has partial support.

15. Morolord

Morolord Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I'm really enjoying this! I never got round to paying this on PS4 so I'm not really worried about the differences etc. But this version seems solid.

It's awesome to see that it has been optimised for iPhone 6 Plus. Am I correct in thinking this is the only LEGO game that is?

I know that we will be waiting 6+ months for LEGO Jurassic World but I really wish that would be out sooner rather than later.

16. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks for confirming. :)

17. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

That seems okay.

18. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Based upon the videos, this looks the same as the 3DS and Vita versions.

19. islesfan

Jul 25, 2012
    Male
    Teacher
    Nevada
    I just tried it with my Logitech Powershell, and nothing. No MFi support at all. So far, it's just LEGO LOTR ( by far the worst one) that uses MFi controllers.