Legion of Amon concept art

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by darksoul, Mar 6, 2009.

1. case

case Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    Interaction Designer
    Michigan
    #41 case, Mar 11, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    If the player will control only one character you may want to try out the feel of a move lock function to avoid having to 'click' on the character every time for successive moves. However, if the game employs AP for movement then I have no problem with the described design.

Another interesting option that I have not seen explored yet would be using simple tilt (left, right, forward, back) to select basic functions: move, attack, examine, 'select helpers' etc. It sounds like these will have to be loaded/selected first before utilizing them, so tilt to load up an ability or the movement function, then tap to perform the action might feel more natural then additional taps.

Another thing that is underused is haptic feedback. it would be cool for very particular functions to use a miniscule vibration like 1ms of the motor, not a vibe merely a 'thud'. This is good when the player needs confirmation that the input was accepted if there is no visual feedback or too much clutter to add it.

btw, are you guys going to be at gdc?

2. Haephestos

Haephestos Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2008
    Is it possible to say how open the game world will be? Is it going to be open like WOW and have different areas (forests, cities, mtns, etc.) of more closed and limit you to a 'city' area?

3. inkstar

inkstar Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Producer
    Iceland
    Thanks for that feedback, we will definitely have it in mind!

Yes, we are going.

4. inkstar

Dec 4, 2008
    Producer
    Iceland
    We are striving to have it as open as possible, testing different ways of doing it.
    The iPhone has limitations that we need to work around.

5. inkstar

Dec 4, 2008
    Producer
    Iceland
    Enemy Concept

[​IMG]

6. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Looks interesting!

Woah! This looks and sounds very interesting. I love the concept art. Very nice.

So players can have up to 3 helpers at a time? Will players control these helpers? Will we be moving the helpers around the screen or will they just automatically follow our main character? If we have to move the helpers then I'd like a group movement feature so they can be moved together rather than seperately. And a d-pad control option would be nice too.

7. Haephestos

Oct 25, 2008
    Awesome!

8. iTouchgamer

iTouchgamer Member

Feb 17, 2009
    it looks awesome. I hope that there will be a tons of enemies and they will all have their own unique combat style (like close range, guns, stealth, etc.). I also like to see a protoss-like enemies like the Zealots or Archons from Starcraft.

9. Haephestos

Oct 25, 2008
    Time to update this thread with some new art!

Attached Files:

10. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I get more excited every time I see new artwork :eek:

11. Haephestos

Oct 25, 2008
    Those are just screens that I found on their website. But still, I get excited every time I see them. Another game on the site, cardio looks awesome as well!

12. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

Looks great (sorry arn didnt use search feature) very good concept art, but it probably would take up a lot of memory, definately going to watch this one :D

13. Haephestos

Oct 25, 2008
    #53 Haephestos, Mar 21, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
    Any updates from the devs? Screenies, more art? (hint, hint) :D
    (And can a moderator fix the title plz)

14. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    That reminds dev said that I could beta test aslong as I sent an email to him I did that a month ago but still no response btw email came from [email protected]

15. Haephestos

Oct 25, 2008
    #55 Haephestos, Mar 21, 2009
    To try and revive the discussion in this thread, I think this looks kinda like fallout 3.
    There are so many similarities, and so many differences.

More Art:

Attached Files:

16. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Sorry, I'm a little too lazy to read through 6 pages of undoubtedly interesting posts :p but is the game artwork gonna be pre-rendered like iDracula or rendered in real-time?

17. Haephestos

Oct 25, 2008
    #57 Haephestos, Mar 21, 2009
    The devs haven't said. I hope it is realtime! Also, how cool would it be if your character could get in vehicles (cars, flying craft), and have pets (e.g. attack dog).

18. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    Haephestos now you should take the email out of your post so just any loser can't email the dev about beta testing

19. Varkman

Varkman Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    I'm not sure that is genuinely the devs email to be honest. My contact with them was from a different email anyway so that could just be a fake.

20. inferi22

Jan 11, 2009
    I think it's real because I pmd the dev about it and he said the same email it's just I never got a response-ps if you could can u pm the email you contacted them with