Universal Legend of the Skyfish (by Mgaia Studio & Crescent Moon Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    So many games this week but I hope this one is getting love. Honestly the best game this week IMO and second would be deus ex go. This is so much fun and amazing and looks beautiful to play I'm actually playing on my phone and then replaying the same level on iPad. I love this :)

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
  3. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    It's well deserved! The artwork, gameplay and level designs are spectacular. I have three more levels to go in Arid Seabed and continue to grow more impressed with the action-packed sleuthing needed to solve each one. This is an absolute winner!

4. AdoreGames

AdoreGames Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2015
    UK
  5. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    thanks! I think the levels in the 2nd campaign are much more interesting than the first - and the boss is very tricky...

6. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I've only played it for an hour but it's a very solid game. The artwork is well done and the controls are spot on.

7. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Great game just finish the first boss but i feel bad for the minions

8. 19civciV

19civciV Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2015
    Level Designer, Social Media Marketing & Managemen
    Nantes, France
    I just finished the 2nd boss : very fun to fight against !

I like this game and mechanisms, puzzle are great, mostly at the end of World 2 and starting from World 3.

Bus I'm missing extra things to do : more secret to discover, more alternative ways, something to collect in each levels, maybe missions in each levels.
    There is only 3 kind of enemies on each world, maybe the monsters from the previous worlds could be there again.

Finally, when you finished a level, there is nothing else to do.
    Some secret chest sometimes, but nothing else.

I hope there will be more levels with more variety :)

9. iSwiss

iSwiss Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
  10. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    I have a few ideas of what we could do for secrets and things to collect...

11. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    Ok, I just finished the game.

Wow ! World 3 is clearly my favorite, with so much different puzzle and traps !
    And the final boss is epic, so Zelda-like, very fun !

I really hope there will be a World 4 soon, with another ennemy to fight, and a lot of new traps and mechanisms.
    And the secret zone are the best, I hope there will be one in each level on the next update ! :)

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know, considering the amount of attention Leap of Fate's icon has been getting, I don't think Skyfish's icon is getting enough love. It's easily one of the best app icons of all time.

13. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    An eye for an eye? :p

14. Rain1dog

Rain1dog Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2010
    I just beat Twilight Princess HD... I tried playing back in the day of the Wii but couldn't get into it... Just felt off for a Zelda game, IN THE BEGINNING.

I got thru the first few temples and out of the twilight realm and boy o boy am I glad I picked up Twilight Princess again....

Truly one of the VERY BEST Zeldas in recent memory. Took me about 54 hours to complete.

I'm on Skyward Sword now.

Btw, Skyfish is a very polished fantastic mobile game.

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #55 metalcasket, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Just rated this 5 stars here on TA. I just finished level 3 of Arid Seabed and I can confidently say Skyfish is a masterclass in level design. Everything comes together flawlessly as the levels become more complicated and intricate and the difficulty ramping is absolutely perfect, with each "world" slowly easing in more and more obstacles while testing your knowledge of how to overcome previous ones. The game is damn fun when you start off, but the more time you sink into it, the more you realize it's not just a fully functioning fun game...it's a perfect realization and implementation of ideas and concepts.

I don't even know what to say other than the fact that Skyfish is looking it like it might be one of my favorite iOS games of all time.

Regarding the last few posts in this thread, while I'd love to see new things added to the game, I think it's perfect as is. Honestly, the only thing missing is iCloud support, but it's fantastic to see Mgaia already considering it as it really is beneficial for those who are playing this on Apple TV alongside their iOS devices.

16. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    @metalcasket Thanks so much - I and the dev team very much appreciate that!

Has anyone experienced an issue of not being able to move the character around on level 2 on an iPad Air?
    I've seen a few emails pop up and we're trying to figure out what's going on.
    If you have, let me know so I can send you a test build.

17. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You're more than welcome, buddy. :)

I just finished off the game and I have to say...the final battle with Skyfish was truly breathtaking. The nature of the battle, coupled with the animations (especially Skyfish's bad breath plasma attack thing w/ super intimating eyes) just took me back to the years I wouldn't ever put down a SNES/Mega Drive controller.

People around here know me. They know I simply buy games...I don't play them. I honestly could not put down Skyfish. Every time I'd fire it up to play a single level, I'd have to stop myself from playing more and more. That final stretch was just supposed to be me playing till 3-7 so I'd have the last 7 levels and the boss fight to play later on. WELP! :)

Buy this game people. It's an old game's soul in modern clothing. Incredible stuff.

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Any way of knowing whether one has collected the various treasures or are they unmissable?

19. 19civciV

Apr 9, 2015
    Nantes, France
    Any new idea for next world coming soon ?
    I will keep the app on my iPad for some weeks, I hope to see new updates soon ! :)

20. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    It will show on the world map if a chest was opened already. As far as new levels I'll talk to Mgaia and see what they want to do.