Universal Legend of Solgard (by King)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Yeah, I just got mine to rank 2 earlier and immediately did the same thing.

Yes, currently 4 zones. 5th (Niflheim) listed as coming soon.

2. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #122 ArtNJ, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    120 has a boss with 200 health but he doesn't hit that hard and his screening monsters (little balls) don't actually seem to do anything. Cleared on one try. On to Helheim the 4th zone which features undead which seem to allow you to do your damage and go by them. So that was good but everything that happened as a result was lame.

Just hit 11 but Boss Arena is closed and listed as check back later for epic boss challenge. LAME!

I got an idol...that only works on rank 1 creatures. LAME!

The idol does 10 of the round icon...I think that is crit but since there is no mouse over who the hell knows! LAME!

3. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Oh, well I guess my team is great then, since it's the same one you used in 115!

4. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Can you turn off the hint system?

5. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Art: the level requirement on idols is a minimum requirement, so the level 1 can be used on any unit that can accept that idol type.

There’s at least one more past Helheim (Nifleim I think? Another frost zone it looks like) but I have been stuck at 130 for the past two days so I suspect there is plenty of time left even in the campaign to say nothing of the other modes which are now open... been plenty to keep busy with in this game haha.

6. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Sun blade: didn’t see a response to this question but the way it works appears to be the following:

More energy doesn’t increase power, but what you can do is continue to store it so that you can use multiple in a single turn: there are some mechanics (the creatures that phase, the stone fist boss that I forget the name of, the ice bergs I think someone labeled the frozen mobs, probably others) where multiple shots in a round is pure goodness.

Other maps though admittedly smoke em if you got them so to speak ;).

7. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Nah you are correct I believe. I think im in the same area, second to last called Vanderheim or some such. Since hitting lvl 10 though I hadn’t touched campaign progression haha. Too distracted by heroics. Got my Grimchop to lvl 3, and 2 gem shards away from a new valkyrie upgrade.

8. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    You CAN complete those heroic daily missions by just using the raid tickets. Instant stage completion and rewards.

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I don’t remember noticing if it has one, which is weird, because they usually drive me bonkers

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #130 ArtNJ, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
    I think you have to clear the mission on heroic once, which unlocks it for the use of raid tickets. I think its only a daily unlock, not permanent. And of course, you need to earn the raid tickets. Raid ticket rewards seem much worse to me than doing the heroic level for 8 energy as well.

I dunno, 123 scares the crap out of me, only tried it a few times today and was like wtf not doing that again, so I had some energy to play with today. Its sort of like 115 in a way, but instead of icebergs several rows are guarded by portals that open and close, and when open swallow any non giant monsters that try melee. Meanwhile, like 115, tons of hard hitters spawn. It may be that I need to look into some of the other units with stuns but I dunno really. There is a video on youtube of it being done with elfling and hobling (which also has a ranged stun) grimlock and raven master -- but by a level 15 player. Regardless, I think Hobling will be generally handy so might invest some.

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Lol, I still only have 1/3 of the gems to unlock hobling. That level sounds nasty.

12. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    art: I think you may be right on the raid ticket loot. I have been using them on the Valkyrie farm but I almost always do better even on sun gems on my other farms than the default loot.

May be small sample size issue but the random things picked up from urns and additional gold do add up over time.

13. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Yeah, I was pissssed earlier trying for valkyrie gems. I managed to get 6/8 WITH raid tickets...today...ALL THREE raids yielded ZERO Valkyrie gems 0,0
    This is the first raid ive done that gave me zero gems....but I guess it does say 0-1 gems possible lol...thats bullshit tho.

14. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Can someone give me tips for PvP Arena? I keep getting destroyed. What team / strategy are you guys using successfully?

15. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    I am only really just coming to grips with Arena strategy as a mid-level player.

I try to build my generic team around options: something to wipe out large quantities of trash, something that counters built enemies, and something that I can stack. Some creatures do double duty (Elfling trash / stun) and a good defensive choice like Grim doesn’t suck.

Some fast damage utility (roughpaw / tusker) is basically how I would round out a new team: roughpaw / elf / grim / tusker.

Chase fast damage matches against trash, prioritize elf when you need a stun, and stack Bear/Boar buffs for some fun insanity.

Grim build for defense, large is good to get the additional hold; the rest I would just do three matches.

If you have other creatures you can sub them in, basically any defender can sub for grim, Ghast for example is an awesome counter against built enemies (not good against trash), and there are plenty of fast damage like Wyrm Caller which is a pvp luxury build imo. Vinebeard is another luxury if you have him, absolutely amazing actually pvp wise as he can do pretty much all three roles I outlined above.

Lot of options, my suggestion is just keep playing and see what to do when.

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Rank 2+ Wyrm Wrangler might be the opponent I least want to see across from me. At least I finally got them unlocked.

My bog standard team is roughpaw, elfling, rock gronch, tusker. If I am making substitutions it is usually purple (often raven master).

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    My enthusiasm is really starting to wane for this title now that there is no progression. Been stuck on 125 for days.

Also steamed that the level 11 unlock actually unlocks nothing (the mode isn't operational yet) and that idols seem to be pretty much a pay feature.

Well, paid $0 and got a lot of enjoyment out of it.

18. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    I think the level 11 is the boss dungeon correct?

It is already enabled, I played it this past weekend, but it may only be once a week for a 3 day period.

I think it was you that earlier said wasn’t much strategy? ;). I still don’t agree with that assertion, I beat my head against the wall on 130 before going farming for bear and then subsequently smashed it with AE damage and 100% block abuse.

Basically like any RPG if you get stuck go and grind some levels on creatures: to be fair this might be a bit slow but unless you have tried a slew of different tactics not sure it is worth giving up on yet. Should be easier after the alliance reset think am going to take my newfound level and move to one that actually gets 100% boss participation as my current one should frankly be farther but leadership meh.

That all said, this last zone is much harder than the previous ones though, but think it may actually be the last one as Nifleim doesn’t appear to be implemented yet.

19. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I haven’t tried to progress that fast. Still in the 90s. Just did the first hardy level (ice guys) yesterday. The faster you try to go, the more difficult it is liable to be. The flip side of that is a more deliberate pace maybe hurts you in the arena a little bit. I’m finding it much more challenging to progress this time. OTOH, you aren’t hurt that much from a loss if you pick your fights wisely.

20. midasmulligan

midasmulligan Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2015
    Yeah, drives me insane, it highlights rows that you can complete after you are idle for a bit.