Universal Legend of Solgard (by King)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 15, 2018.

1. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Hey man, I just started. Since you seem to be pretty active + knowledgeable, can you give me some tips?

Are there any particular units I should be grinding for?
    What exactly is the purpose of a guild and how do I find a good one to join?
    I'm willing to spend a bit to support devs - what's worth spending on?

Thanks!

2. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    At this point (until you hit level 10...I’m at 9) you can’t really grind for units much. The one possible exception is that replaying some of the levels, like 15 will net you a couple of gems each time (good for doing dailies without spending too much energy). You will unlock units as you play.

Aside from that, I would say try different units. Find which ones you like the most and get a feel for how they work. Be prepared to try different ones if you get stuck. Work on getting all units to rank 2 (to unlock their second skill). For skills, look for ones that increase in damage if you upgrade a level or two. I don’t think I have a single skill above 3 yet (they get more expensive).

The guild is primarily good for access to dungeons, which is a cooperative boss raid event. You collectively do damage to a series of bosses and get rewards that increase with each boss.

As for spending, if you want to spend a few bucks, the best bet is probably the 30-day gem subscription. Be aware, though, that the listed prices on chests in the shop increase as you level (they level too). You could also buy enough gems to do the wink warg purchase for the event. I did that, but not sure I’d recommend it.

3. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Thanks man. I'm only level 5 so still a ways to go. It seems like a lot of guilds have level requirements and I need to rank up a bit more.

What is the wink warg purchase? I don't think I've unlocked the event yet. I bought the Valkyrie deal and that's the only money I've spent so far.

4. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    If you look near the top of the play screen that shows all the different things, there should be a mention. Or you can look in the shop. It’s like the Valkyrie, basically, except you have to buy an intermediate currency, or you can collect it from treasure hunt and rainbow. Not sure if some of those are level locked.

5. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I'm on 114, ftp. There are some ftp ahead of me in my guild - I've failed some levels perhaps 10 times apiece, but thats rare these days. You eventually find your groove and you ability to read what you need for a level gets faster.

The best units to invest in for pve purposes are:

1. Rock Gronch - when you get him. Great on many levels. Big Gronch ftw
    2. Elfling - lots of general utility for stuns and attacking 3 columns.
    3. Mudscrape - when you get him, his stuns are very important on levels where enemies stand in front. Rarely, the tunneling plays a role. You don't actually need to "invest" much, and his second skill doesn't seem too useful. Its the stuns.
    4 + 5. Roughpaw + Tusker - generally you'll want at least one, having both available gives flexibility
    6. Meatshield: Rock Gronch can sometimes fill this roll, but sometimes you need more. Grimchop and Cracklehoof are my go toos
    7. Sun Mage: The ability to attack a row sounds really useful, but targeting is an issue given that she has 1 hold. I found her important on only one level so far.
    8. Raven Master: I've played around with him on a few levels. Maybe he helped, but not too important.
    9. Stone Fist?: Sounds like a potential useful ability, but I've never had a need.

Let me know if I've missed anything! There are some units that I got more recently that I just haven't focused on. Might be some gems in that bunch.

6. twohoots

twohoots Active Member

Aug 20, 2017
    #106 twohoots, Aug 24, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2018
    I've set up a Discord server if anyone is interested.

Anyone else have issues accessing the official forums? The threads don't seem to load for me, I've tried various browsers / devices.

Gotta say, I'm really digging this game.

7. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I really like Raven Master. Not a big damage dealer, but when you consider you can both attack and defend, pretty good. This one was actually a major help to me on level 80 (considered very tough).

I like the idea of stonefist a lot, but haven’t found him critical to any levels yet.

A couple other tips/notes to add to what Art said:

Rock Gronch is PHENOMENAL on levels where there aren’t many enemy units. They are devastating if you can focus fire with multiples. They are practically useless when swarmed.

It should be noted Cracklehoof is very good on boss levels because unlike elfling button, it won’t target obstacles with lightning (and elfling can’t stun bosses anyway)

@twohoots king forums seem to hate mobile browsers. I think I used my Mac to get ont here the other day, where, of course, I saw a post by Art.

Also, there’s an existing discord at https://discord.gg/hsFsGUU but it isn’t very active.

8. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Definitely. I love my sun mage, but she is USELESS without skill 2. I just leveled it up to level 4. Its friggin amazing. Also, once her “unstun” skill is a bit higher its really good too, especially against anything spewing DoT ground flames or poison everywhere. Mine is reducing fire and poison damage by 3-5 or 3-6 now. Unstun can be very useful in arena too.

9. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    how did you get the gems for her?

10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Sun Mage *might* be amazing if you can talk to your guild about special levels and get the layout first. Like there was just a rainbow event I would have been in heaven to use her.

115 is intimidating AF. 3 big icebergs (middle one has like 17 health, and the bergs on either side are like 9) in the middle which quickly get 6 or so 7 strength attackers on three turn hold. The sides start with 1 17 strength attacker each on 3 turn hold, but eventually spawn 1 more, bringing the total to 4. There are damage portals on the sides, but there is absolutely no way to rush through enough damage. Sun Mage is not useful since the heavies on the sides are on the level of the icebergs, so the Sunmage can't reach the attackers behind the bergs. Mudscape is clearly key because he can tunnel underneath the bergs. However, I feel some additional strategizing may be necessary -- there are units that can drop fire randomly or bombs, and one that always crits against obstacles. Tried to go strong in the middle, with barricades plus a big troop, but its hard to get that set up in time, while still dealing with the sides as well, then do it again when even more spawn. I dunno, its a puzzle.

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Elfling for yellow to stun? Or crackle to put out some damage on enemies and tank?

Stonefist might be interesting as you suggested, but not sure destroying the icebergs is the ideal way to go given what you described.

Just by playing. Different activities reward different gems (seemingly randomly most of the time)

12. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Elfling stun is insufficient as you'll have 10 enemies on the board within just a few turns. Cracklehoof has some potential to be part of the solution because he can also tank hits and realistically your not going to kill the central swarm in time, so it IS going to fire at your for substantial damage, so you have only so much time to get a wall up and some big dudes behind it. I had some success in one attempt with this.

Destroying the bergs would be very useful, but I just don't see how it can be done quickly enough to matter so I don't seriously think Stonefist helps.

Since all the central guys fire at once, one advanced thought is forget Mudscrape and try and use Rough Paws ability to give 100% block rate. I don't usually think about that ability, but its obviously a good one. Problem is that if you focus too much on the middle, the big guys on the end wham you...its a huge problem. Someone in my guild apparently got past it, so I'm going to pump him for info.

Btw you can grind Elfling and Roughpaw in the same Heroic, which isn't that terrible to get past. It doesn't give a lot of tokens and its quite failable as well, costing 8 energy for every failure.

13. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm behind y'all at level 85, and I know this is going to bite me later on, but I've been playing Roughpaw, Cracklehoof, Rock Gronch, and Tusker exclusively for the last 30+ levels, and it's been working pretty great. I basically just buy any upgrade they ever have available (that's the part that'll bite me, when I'm resource poor and need to get someone else up to level 2).

14. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    I'm barely at level 40.... not sure how you guys are racing through so fast lol

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    I’m only slightly ahead of you. I tend to use elfling more than crackle, but always crackle for bosses. But yeah, it’s a good team. But there are some levels that just didn’t work for me. 87 for example, I used sundrench. 85 I used raven master.

@ArtNJ ah, I didn’t realize there were that many enemies. I’m still not level 10 yet...almost half way there. Looking forward to those heroics.

16. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    #116 ArtNJ, Aug 25, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
    I ended up levelling Cracklehoof's skill so that he stuns up to two enemies with every attack, and going with red bear, gronch and purple pig (yeah I can never be bothered with the names lol). Worked, eventually. The level is one of the most intimidating looking yet, but it can be done.

Tychaeus likes this.
  17. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Sun mage has cascading damage that will go down the row and even also the row behind that....at later levels, BUT...you of course can’t use the same units for everything. The enemies inSIDE ice for instance. You have to avoid hitting them at all....not even blow on them or they break free and suddenly have 17-20 health. I had to change my entire team for the mid-late 90’s bc my whole team is heavily aoe/DoT based and is a death sentence there. But pretty much up till just now that team has worked on every stage. Im also at rank 20 in arena atm =D
    Apprentice of course.
    **Oh also you r forgetting I also have Lamp Wraith...fire DoT spots covering almost the entire board ticking for 2-4 damagea turn, as well as a single spot for something like 3-5 dmg. If 2+ LW are out everything dies start of each turn lol...arena neway...and campaign enemies widdle down pretty quick.

18. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Isn’t level 115 etc like...the last area in the game atm? I’d hope it was hard hehe. At that point it might just be an issue of using all the unlocked features to get your units sufficiently upgraded.

19. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Well thats a relief lol

20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    The zone I'm in ends at 120, but I think there is one more zone. Could be wrong, will check tomorrow, hope to get 120 done. Spent some energy today on heroics. Not a super-rewarding use of energy but I did get some useful tokens...you get a quest to do 3 heroics per day, which is 24 energy IF you don't fail ... and probably enough unless you don't have time or the mental energy to use it on clearing normal missions.