Universal Legend of Solgard (by King)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 15, 2018.

1. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Also, the guild I'm in seems pretty good, active GM boots dead weight at least daily. shadetrees tag# cfofv. I'm not the GM, but I asked him to hold off on the next round of boots till I had a person or two ready. Let me know what time you could join precisely, spots fill up instantly.

Tychaeus likes this.
  2. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Well, there are only two games like this in existence to go on...lol...but as far as Might and Magic clash of heroes...what you start with as well as what is recycled through the draw/discard pile is just random based on what units you have. I mean, they may have their own lil internal algorithm or whatever so that you don’t end up with a board of 85% yellow etc...its seemed quite evenly spread to me so far. Basically, I doubt it’s something exploitable or a strategic consideration.

3. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Btw, pro tip in case folks haven’t realized it. On a level where you start with ballistae on your side, these CAN be enhanced by tusker and roughpaw. If you can make matches adjacent to them early, this can make a level like 65 a breeze.

As for colors, I think it is random within limits (tends to be fairly balanced), but my sense is that there aren’t necessarily hard caps on any one color. If you want to get more of a particular color, you can do so by eliminating others than resummoning. You can see this yourself by, say, clearing 6 of a given color then resummoning. You won’t get back all that same color.

4. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Push for 8 today if you can. Apparently arena resets tomorrow, and there are a LOT of rewards to be won. It takes a couple hours to win all the rewards, so if you can get in today you can grab the fairly substantial rewards prior to reset. Its odd, but the Arena is one area that is not meaningfully time limited. If you play super fast, you might need to slow down a bit to play continuously, but this was never an issue for me.

olon97 likes this.
  5. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #65 Misguided, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Thanks for the heads up. I will try. About 1k so away right now. Just remembered I could make some headway by spending some dust. No, seems you only get so for the gem and rank upgrades. Need 725 now.

I just beat a couple of levels, though. Roughpaw/elfling/rock gronch/tusker is a very solid team for me right now.

And by the way, just now on 67 I noticed that you can see the silhouettes of new creatures as they approach. Has that been there the entire damned time and I never noticed?

Tychaeus likes this.
  6. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Yes, always been there. There are a lot of features you have to figure out on your own. For example, an arena there is a little dragon that appears if the match takes a while. It counts up, and at some point, it uses a breath weapon, but I've only seen it once in 20 matches so I'm not sure if the count needs to get to 7 or what. Its theoretically possibly you can control it and I triggered it once by accident lol.

7. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Is arena resetting at reset tonight? Or the day after?

8. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Ahhh, thanks for mentioning that. I’m literally 350 xp away from level 8...gonna have to put my try hard hat on at im at the boss lvl 70 0,0
    He is hard.

9. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    I JUST noticed the silhouettes too! Lol...I swear you and I are like neck and neck progressing at the same rate.
    I am using Valkyrie, Sun Mage, Grimchop, and Nitecast.
    I am loving this team, especially the Valkyrie and Sun Mage...sun mage eventually casts a spell and it jumps from your target to every target across the screen in that row hitting them for 2-3 atm. It has literally won me some of those close matches.

10. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #70 Misguided, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    I’m now in the same position. Need to beat 70 to hit level 8.

And I beat that bastard on first try, woot!

11. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    @ArtNJ just wanted to say thank you for the heads up on the arena. I never would have pushed ahead to level 8 today if you hadn’t mentioned it. Rewards have been pretty darned nice (not quite to the end yet).

olon97 likes this.
  12. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Man, you guys weren't kidding about 64. It's eating my lunch.

13. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    The funny part is that the next level after it was a breeze.

14. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Ok, so the arena seasons last a week. That gives plenty of time without having to rush.

15. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Ok, i have one question about the units :

from last year's softlaunch and the youtube levels that i have seen, the units you use, while superbly polished, seem to be in the "cute" art type, like little trolls and pixies etc. Personally, i couldnt stand it and i deleted it.

Did they add units in the more standard fantasy type like knights dragons mages etc?

16. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Sort of? But the art style is the art style.

17. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Team Touch Arcade ftw :)

18. SofortundGleich

Sep 11, 2016
    Wow! that is an interesting Game from KING!
    We made now a german gameplay Vid of it:

Nice One!!!

19. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #79 Misguided, Aug 21, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    They have another one called Stellar: Galaxy Commander that soft-launched a year ago. Haven’t heard anything about it since. Both were considered a foray into midcore games for King.

Interestingly, the combat mechanics in that game are somewhat similar, but the way forces are deployed differs. You don’t move ships after they are deployed to the field. When deploying them, two or theree at a time are dropped in and you can rotate the configuration to create 2*2 squares or 4 in a row of the same color, which transforms them into bigger ships for that turn.

SofortundGleich likes this.
  20. SofortundGleich

Sep 11, 2016
    Hey Misguided! Thanks for that hint. Will try to get the soft launch.