Universal Legend of Solgard (by King)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    AF492A92-0AE7-4268-A39A-60918243D202.jpeg
    Hmmm... this is odd. I started playing Thursday before the reset. So after reset Thursday, I had two days claimed. 3 on Friday, 4 yesterday, which matches the picture.

2. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    #42 Revelate, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
    Haven't tracked this but before you get them unlocked it's slow going (unless you IAP); once you do get the minimum you start getting higher distributions than the 1-2.

Not entirely sure why they made that decision, but I don't know where the optimal balance for progression other than 97 went down with levels 2/2/2/3 which is to say pretty obtainable by virtually everyone.

You may be right on the 100-150 gold thing being a wash, eventually it becomes trivial and the bonuses do help... also I'd note our current alliance seems to be better at enforcing the donation thing even if they aren't doing fantastic on the boss tracking.

I think unless there's a bunch of interest here for forming an alliance it doesn't make that much sense for now given it's a challenge to recruit folks and it's a slow build as a result: we're progressing OK and it appears around level 15 or so there are options with some of the alliances that were started in beta, and probably better to let someone do the longer build and then join in later heh... ruthless progression optimization :).

Misguided likes this.
  3. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    Mine is identical; it appears to be on a weekly cycle for everyone rather than different times based on when you started (like other games).

Seems like a weird decision but admittedly it reduces batch frequency on the backend I guess.

On the flipside the Rainbow event seems to be where it's at for Epic farming anyway, one run through I gained 3 Shroomling sun gems, and you get 3 bites at the apple. No idea how common it is yet but I think so far I've gotten 1 Treasure a day, and maybe the Rainbow one is weekly?

Misguided likes this.
  4. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    And then 98 was beat with a bunch of defensive heroes with primary skills that don't do damage... just kept stacking them and then once they finally attacked they steam-rolled entire lines of enemies.

Utterly different than how I did 97 facing the same enemies (basically if you don't kill them in one shot they jump up to level 17 on the next turn and then attack the following) just a different arrangement of them: that's why I think this game has tremendous potential for creative tactical gameplay and therefore longevity.

5. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Thanks. I’m an idiot.

Nice info on the rainbow. What are your favorite units so far outside the starters?

6. Revelate

Revelate Member

Aug 19, 2018
    2123978C-F7DD-4CD0-88EC-323EC519AA67.png And re Tusker and number of sun gems: from a free wooden chest with a level 3 tusk.

Compare that to Gnawbark, also common, but I don’t have it unlocked, though maybe the second roll is smaller always?

Now that I look at it, does make progression more linear: haven’t looked at the cost upgrade per level but it is probably something like base sun gems * unit level and that is the number of sun gems to get an upgrade and that is about in line with the increase from a chest reward.

Something to track over time I guess, I kind of geek out over little game things like that haha.

7. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #47 Misguided, Aug 19, 2018
    I’m a numbers guy. You don’t have to explain to me.

You know one change I’d absolutely love? Let us use the try skill feature for units we don’t have and skills we haven’t unlocked. I think that’d be great fun and help you figure out which units you really want.

res0nat0r likes this.
  8. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    I dunno, think you guys are overdoing the strategy. Stuck on 68 now, have figured out what there is to figure out, have to keep using the same units until I do it. So far after like 8 tries, only had one close one (5 hp). If there is a brilliant strategy let me know. But I can't ignore the 2 8 strength hitters or they will kill me. And if I focus on them, the central boss heats up and blasts. Mudscrapes stun won't reach, so been running Elfling to try and get stuns. Tried Cracklehoof instead - probably also possible but not easy. The only other choice is to replace Grimchop with a rank one Rock Gronch, which doesn't seem like it would help

9. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #49 Misguided, Aug 19, 2018
    Similar issues here on 63. Actually, just beat it. If you can get a couple of those rock gronches out a once, they can really whittle guys down. And use elflings to give them more time to do that works wonders. And my gronches are not leveled up. I do have the boulder throw at level 1, so they do 2 damage, but that is the only upgrade they have. Level 2 goes to 3 damage, but costs 1000 dust.

10. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Clearing spots in the TouchArcade guild and would love to have y'all join. #AYKRG

Tychaeus and bobaferret like this.
  11. olon97

olon97 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2015
    #51 olon97, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    Also stalled out at 63 a bit, will try elf/gronch. Feels a little like a paywall, but I’m sure sucking less/ luck will work too.

Edit - worked. Helps that big gronch’s missiles have a little blast radius.

12. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    It doesn’t afaik, but as with other units, if you make a big one, it will affect 4 squares instead of 1. Now that I read it again, that’s exactly what you meant...don’t mind me.

Glad it worked for you.

13. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Gronch helped me beat 68. Definitely a nice unit.

14. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Cool. Definitely going to upgrade that skill to level 2 asap

15. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    Art, do you remember what you did on 64? It makes 63 feel like a walk in the park. No defenses to start and the damage piles up so bloody fast.

Tychaeus likes this.
  16. Tychaeus

Tychaeus Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Lmao>>>YUP...you sure are SPOT ON. I may have gone through 45 energy on lvl 64 ALONE today, getting as close as 5-10 enemy hp away from a win MANY times...and I’ve even spent a lil money and have the valkyrie and also have the sun mage chick etc...it’s frustrating....ALOT of the great mechanics in CoHs is also missing here...like when you destroy a unit to make a match and getting a turn back, getting those massive multi match trickle down combos like in CoHs where suddenly you could go from 1 turn left to 5 more turns lol. Guess those things, as well as ANY units being able to heal in any kinda way are things that wouldn’t make King near as much money >_<
    These are my main gripes of the game so far...these left out mechanics weren’t just helpful...they were INSANELY fun.
    I am hoping that once we have arena, underworld, all the extra daily playable stuff unlocked that progression will become a bit more fluid and more play time in general...cuz man level 7 is skimpville =|

17. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    I am about to look, i hope maybe yhere is some room in the TA guild now. I certainly am a regular active player with real love for this game (cuz its the only CoHs like game available lol) and definitely on daily. The guild I’m in highest lvl is 10, but I think I’d rather be playing with the TA fam ya know?

**Well, shitesville =\
    Guild is at 20/20 again already lol. I will try to check daily, but if a spot happens to open up could someone maybe send me a direct message or something here on Touch Arcade? Thanks guys.

18. Tychaeus

Sep 23, 2015
    Finally just beat 64....no special strat just finally had the right amount of luck.
    ALTHOUGH....I think I did notice that if you kill all the dragons that appear, eventually no more appear. I did not realize this until this last fight I had only one dragon to deal with for 3-4 turns. I had thought they just kept coming so I was trying to almost ignore them and get the gate kill. Probably need to focus hard on just taking down the dragons asap.

19. Misguided

Jan 27, 2009
    #59 Misguided, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    I did too. Part of it was upgrading my gronch to do 3 damage with the boulder. Part of it was a bit of luck with placement or being able to manipulate the board in a favorable way. I had solid damage from elflings on the 2x targets in several occasions incidental to hitting enemies, which was a huge help.

Dragons never stopped for me, but toward the end, when I realized how close I was, I was desperate to get some damage out.

And when I passed the level, this happened:

A44683DB-80FD-47A6-AEE1-D27D6A8E71C0.jpeg

Yehesssss....

Honestly, I’d completely forgotten the thing about getting turns back. I used to abuse the heck out of that.

Tychaeus likes this.
  20. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    A tip I noticed for the 7th bounty mission is that catapults only spawn where you destroy a rock, so if you can avoid destroying rocks for a time it will help you. I wonder if this is true of catapults on other missions?

Another thing I've been wondering about is whether there are rules for what color minions spawn. For example, do you only start with 4 or 5 of each color? If you destroy one, is the replacement that goes in the draw pile random, or does it depend on which tiles have been destroyed, matched?