Universal Legend of Grimrock (by Almost Human ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    It looks like they might have decided against it because it makes that area of the screen look too hectic. It should at least be possible to make it an optional feature.

2. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Maybe so, but having it as an option would definitely be a welcomed addition. :)

3. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    #143 jgeirge, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    To everyone regarding an iPhone version; it is 100% possible and honestly I find it more comfortable to access the UI on my iPhone 5S. If your jail broken there is a very easy tutorial posted on page 9! Very easy to navigate and play even on such a small screen! The only thing that would make this better would be MFi support!
    [​IMG]

4. jgeirge

Apr 8, 2015
    Also sorry for the double post, but how do I access the other hand? I'm dual wielding a dagger & sword

5. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    The developers have already answered that question a few pages back. :)

Here's what they said:

"We wanted to streamline the UI for the iPad version, so the game has only 1 hand slot visible. Usually the second hand is used to carry shield or torch. We did some automation for the second hand; projectiles are automatically picked up. And if you have thrown all projectiles from the "main hand" it equips the projectiles from the second hand automatically."

Here's a direct link to the posting:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3541182&postcount=106

6. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Oh, I totally agree! I hate that the app description is at the top of EVERY page. It didn't used to be that way, and I really hope they change it back.

7. jgeirge

Apr 8, 2015
    Thanks for the info Macatron. The work around seems fine but I would like to see some sort of streamlined addition, for example, a button to switch between Left & Right Hand, OR incorporate a whole other set of hands of the left & right side of the UI. Maybe even a Double tap to switch hands.

8. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    I use the touch arcade iPad app and tge game description doesn't appear at the top of every page on there if that helps

9. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    You're welcome. :) I found a older photo of an iPad build on the Grimrock forums that had a GUI displaying both hands. Here's a link to my post:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=3542043&postcount=140

I'm hoping that maybe that can at least make it an option for those of us who'd like to actually see the other hand and interact with it directly. :)

10. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    I use that sometimes, but the app isn't as advanced when compared to their new web forums (as far as uploading images at least). That, and the fact that my email notifications for new replies to subcribed threads open directly into Safari, so it's just easier for me. The app discription on every page is really my only complaint with the web version.

11. nkarafo

nkarafo Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2011
    I TOTALLY AGREE. please web developers do something about this annoying thing.
    Thank you!

12. Turk

Turk Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    How's the replayability on this? Haven't played a game in this style since Wizardy 8!

13. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Loved all the wizardry games. I wish there was a pause button like Baldurs Gate or a way to switch from real time combat to turn based.

14. Lenogden11

Lenogden11 New Member

May 10, 2015
    Need a little help

I'm stuck n level 2 where you need 2 bronze keys to open the door to the rest of the level..

I've got both keys. It accepts one but the 2nd key just falls to the floor

This is after the door that needs 2 iron keys.

Is this a bug or am I just brain dead?

15. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I could be remembering wrong but I thought there was a second keyhole for the 2nd key in the area.

16. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, I love the Wizadry series too! :D I grew up playing Wizardry 6 and 7 (about a million hours or so). I really liked 8 when it came out too, but I never ended up finishing it. I'd be awesome if an iOS developer could release a similar type of game on the AppStore. I'd pay GOOD money for a similar experience. Hell, I STILL play 6 &7 via iDOS on my iPad if that says anything about my devotion to this type of RPG! :D

17. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    Yeah, the days of graph paper for map making. No wonder I'm such a patient person as an adult. I loved the old might and magic games, as well!

I haven't played this for year, if you google this you should be able to find how to change the language to English, but like lots of old games, they are hard to go back and play. Sometimes it's best to just have memories#

Wizardry外伝〜戦闘の監獄〜Lite by 59Studio.
    https://appsto.re/us/_3CoE.i

18. Lenogden11

Lenogden11 New Member

May 10, 2015
    So it was brain dead

Thanks for the pointer...

19. macatron

Sep 12, 2009
    Yeah, I've played that before too. Although, even with the English enabled, there's still a lot of Japanese to weed through. I still prefer the Wizardy games how they were later in the series, though, as opposed to the labyrinth with a town attached to it approach. :) And, yeah, I also really enjoyed Might and Magic as well! Hell, I wish Might and Magic X would make the move over to iOS. I know it didn't do so hot on PC, though, so I'm sure we'll never see it happen unfortunately. :(

20. ezone2kil

ezone2kil New Member

Feb 17, 2013
    My first game of this type was Lands of Lore by Westwood Studio. I remember being scared shirtless at 10 years old by that game. Good times.