Universal Legend of Grimrock (by Almost Human ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2015.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is such a wonderful port of an amazing game, enjoying it immensely.

2. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008

3. Almost_Human_Juho

May 8, 2015

4. NickyNichols

NickyNichols Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2012

5. famousringo

famousringo Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Here to recant my earlier grumpy cynicism on how low it took for this port to make it to iPad. This game is super-responsive, buttery smooth, feels natural and immersive, and was clearly brought to iOS with a great deal of care. Very worth the wait.

This kind of devotion to craft is a rare thing in any game developer, and especially rare on iOS. Major kudos to Almost Human.

6. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA

7. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    So from the Last pages I hear about a sale. Is the 5$ price tag at a discount and this game normally costs 10? Or what's the deal :)

8. Annii

Annii Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2013
    Well I bought this game last night and decided to just have a quick go before bed....what can I say except that today I was thankful I had lots of coffee at work.

I love dungeon crawlers but sometimes struggle because I have very limited use of my left hand due to cerebral palsy but this game is very easily accessible:)

I wonder if the devs have played Etrian Odyssey, I'd love a port of that!

Annii

9. ipad_dad

ipad_dad Active Member

May 6, 2015
    Nothing can beat a good Dungeon crawler, my favourite genre for years but they don't come along often enough for my liking or with the quality I'm hoping for. This is Dungeon Master for the 21st century and that is the highest praise I can give the game after my two hours playing it.I hope the game is the success it deserves to be and I hope the sequel is ported to iPad as well, you will get my money and gratitude.

10. Ragn4rok 74

Ragn4rok 74 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2014
    That's it I can't take it anymore. I'm picking this up tonight. Been resisting because I have so many unfinished games but I do love a good dungeon crawler and all the positive reviews have clinched it lol.

11. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    I think you'll be pleased. It raised the bar on my expectations for other games on iOS

12. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Just wanted to drop in and say that if my measly $5 may help bring us an iPhone version, I'll gladly spend it over and over and over again. I wish I knew more people with iPads rather than iPhones. :(

13. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    LOG 2 is on sale at Humble Store for 14.39. I decided to go for it (for my Mac). Im in over my head but Ill figure it out eventually.

14. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
  15. Zero Ehxe

Zero Ehxe Active Member

Sep 16, 2014
    I have good news for you: developers often read forums concerning their own products. Forums full of people saying they'd buy a product on iPhone would have a stronger impact than me asking them if it's possible and just coming back to tell you all "no".

Whether or not it is possible (ie worth doing monetarily) is determined by consumer interest.

16. himuradrew

himuradrew Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Im hoping the next update makes it Universal... Or at least make it compatible with the iPhone 6 #

17. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    At the point when you had posted your "vote" we hadn't seen the devs in this thread at all, directly getting in touch with them would have been the better option. They might have told you a simple "no", but they could also have told you that an iPhone version is possible if the iPad version does well enough, as they stated in this thread.

18. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    #138 Bytebrain, May 9, 2015
    Last edited: May 9, 2015
    I absolutely loved this game on the PC.
    It brought back memories of the great games of my youth, and everything about it was brilliant.

Amazingly, so is this port!
    I had my doubts how the movements in battles was going to work, but they've managed to nail it on the iPad.

The ambient sounds is still great on the iPad, you can hear the wind whistling through the dungeon, and things slithering nearby, installing dread and apprehension in you as you move forward.
    I would, as on the PC, recommend using headphones to really make the most of this game, it'll add even more to your immersion in the game.

Love it!

PocketGamer gave the game a well deserved Gold medal: PocketGamer Reviev

For those hesitating to pull the trigger due to the realtime nature of the game in comparison with the turn based games of yesteryear, give it a go. The game Is realtime, but the combat is faux turn based, you and the monsters take turns either moving or attacking. It feels like realtime combat, but is in essence turn based.

19. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    They have their own forum on grimrock.net, not very active in the iPad section, but that would help that these wishes don't get easily overlooked. I will make an iPhone topic, feel free to join.

20. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Could this two handed feature come back in an update?

I saw an old iPad build photo on the Grimrock forums showing a GUI with both hands accessible. Is there any way this could make a comeback in a future update? Just curious. I mean, it looks like it would work just fine. Thanks! :D

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=9498#p91586

Attached Files: