Universal Legend of Grimrock (by Almost Human ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2015.

1. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Well poo. :( Here's hoping for an Indy Dev to step up and make something then. At least we can look forward to Dungeon Kingdom at the end of the month too. I'm not sure if you saw my earlier post about it a few pages back, but it's looking REALLY good. It's another dungeon crawler like LoG. :)

That stinks about the lack of a secondary hand. I'll see if I can get a reply directly from Almost Human about it (if they actually answer their Twitter messages).

2. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I'd give my left cacahuete for "Age Of Wonders II" to get ported.

Also (off the fantasy topic), Hidden & Dangerous 2.

3. BazzaBW

BazzaBW New Member

May 7, 2015
    Got LoG working on iPhone 6+

As my iPhone 6+ is Jailbroken I was able to use my iPads ipa file to install it on my 6+

It works perfect giving you more dungeon area when moving.

I installed it using the Cydia app IPA installer and selecting Forced Mode which lets you install iPad apps on your iPhone .

For non Jailbroken phones there may be a way to change some values in the ipa to make your phone think it's a iPhone app and install it.

I know by changing your ipa file to a zip you can get access to the contents of the ipa to make changes.

Google should tell you what files and values to change.

[​IMG]

4. roorooroo

roorooroo Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    You might be better off heading over to the Grimrock forums over at their official site..there's a sub forum for the IOS version which has garnered some replies from the devs.

http://www.grimrock.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=26

My favourite PC game of the last few years! (i'm a huge Dungeon Master fan too!)

Cheers.

5. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    Working perfect on iPhone 6 normal

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Winds me up peeps goin on about this amazing game to be on iphone, then they would just moan about the size and UI, well get over it, the future of gaming is going to be tablets, not phones, and that my friends you take to the bank.. The devs are not stupid, of course they know there would be more money, but they want the game to play how it was meant to be... On a decent size screen for full imersion, in other words, save up and get an ipad, simples lol

7. Alexythimia23

Alexythimia23 Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Wow those two screen shots have me sold! It must work peeerrrrrfect judging from that, thanks for coming by and sharing that # Sarcasm machine overload...blows up.....lmao

8. schnedi

schnedi Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2015
    for ip6 and ip5S place this modified info.plist in your ipa and replace.

http://www38.zippyshare.com/v/x5mI5GFk/file.html

of curse this dont need jalibreak.

9. kukulcan

kukulcan Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    If you really like the game I would recommend buying it for PC/Mac too...it does look much better with all the settings maxed.

10. actionrpg8000

actionrpg8000 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2012
    Extremely impressed with this title. I normally avoid real time combat systems, but I am enjoying this. Great atmosphere.

11. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    #91 Kedens, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    I am just loving this game. It was something I missed on mac / pc so I feel spoiled at the moment. I didn't think I'd like the real time aspect due to my long love of turn based crawlers but damn was I wrong. And quite surprised. So many good RPG / fantasy themed games as of late

12. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Also now on sale 50% off..even better!!!

13. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    ..... wut

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    Price is still showing as $4.99 in U.S. App Store and well worth it. I have finished the first level and I am loving this. Old school, but very polished.

15. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    This game is life changing. Just wow! It's so damn immersive! And when you make it to the next area, it feels so rewarding. So stoked!

16. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    OK everyone, I have a confession to make. I am loving this game, but as Ive never played a game like this before, I have no idea what Im doing or why Im doing it. So I enlisted the help of an online walkthrough guide. Some of the actions needed to progress I never would have ever thought to do and I would have ended up frustrated and quit before I got anywhere. As it is I finally made it to the second level and now I feel that I have a much better idea of what to do in the game and how the actions work. For as large of a game as this is, the controls are flawless and it is very intuitive. I saw on the website that LOG II has a dungeon level creator..I would love to see this on my IPAD some day (although I may end up getting it on my Mac in the meantime).

17. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Impressions:

1. Very polished UI for touch controls! Must better responses and the control spacing is very good on Mini. You will appreciate that especially during timed puzzles
    2. Nonetheless, controller support is, as always, welcomed
    3. The atmo is done right and the monsters move much faster than I remembered, especially dreaded spiders. However I noticed some time, the AI cannot decide which way the monster moves and it stops there for about 20 seconds or so. This did not happen on PC/Mac version
    4. Although not natively supporting Apple TV, it plays pretty well. It is so creepy that it freaked my kid out last night, even though it looks much brighter than on the iPad

It is better late than never, for this has been "rumored" for many years, I hope they bring 2 soon enough!

18. bowfleximus

bowfleximus Member

Sep 25, 2014
    So how do I get this working on my iPhone 6+ without jailbreaking my phone?

19. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Has anyone found out 100% whether or not you can use both hands in combat? If not it may be a deal breaker.

20. jgeirge

jgeirge Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Even jail broken iPhones can't run iPad apps dude. Also to the post earlier, Native Apple TV support would he sweet!!