Universal Legend of Grimrock (by Almost Human ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2015.

1. phred

phred Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    What does "battery saver" do?

I notice in the options there's something called "battery saver" that you can turn on. Anyone know what this actually does?

2. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    How do u post pics are u doing it from a computer

3. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    #423 Moocow, Aug 4, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
    Never played (or heard of) this game before. Is this one of those games like Path of Exile, that require you to read a build guide before even starting, otherwise it's guaranteed you won't survive endgame and have to restart from scratch after reaching endgame? From the screenshots it seems kind of deep with the character development. I know not reading a guide gives the "full experience" but I'm one of those people who absolutely hate repeating content due to misplaced skill points or whatever, I'd rather just play the whole thing once.

Btw the game looks really good, so in case anyone somehow thinks it's a complaint... no it's not. I'm on the game menu right now deciding about party composition.

4. cofunguy

cofunguy Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Well it is like dungeon master and older type dungeon crawl games of the 80s. You do have to sometimes go backward to go forward at times.

5. Shifaan

Shifaan Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2013
    How would this play on iPod touch 5?

6. Moocow

Moocow Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2014
    Pretty good game so far, reminds me of Wolfenstsein RPG. I have a human mage (fire), insectoid mage (air), minotaur unarmed fighter and human axe fighter. Only complaint is you can't hold down a movement button to move continuously, gotta tap tap tap tap tap. I hope this can be enabled through options in a future update.

Am I supposed to do anything with a spell scroll? I can't seem to attack if I equip it in a weapon slot, but if I unequip it, then my mage can use the fire spell... which seems kind of weird to me.

7. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    Works fine on my ipod touch 5.

8. gamer300

gamer300 Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2014
    Europe
    I think the scrolls are there just for the sake of telling you how to fire that particular spell.

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I may have missed this in the thread, but is there a way to swap the directional butoons onto the left side and the attack button on the right? Thanks.

10. twalkabout

twalkabout Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 12, 2008
    Automap / Old School Mode broken?

I just downloaded this for an iPhone 6 running beta iOS 9.0 (13A4325c). Either I can't figure out how to use the map or the old school mode is automatically enabled even if I don't select it when starting a new game. There is no "map" tab, and I tried starting a new game and changing the toggle for old school mode and there is still no map tab.

Anybody else run into this problem? Maybe it's because I'm running the beta iOS?

11. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Check "menu" once in game, toggles for swapping both "panel" and "handedness".

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Thanks... Was already downloading it though, since it's just a buck right now. Wouldve been willing to pay full price if i knew the answer to my query.

13. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    I bought this a few days for $1, and now I feel guilty. This game is great.

14. CoreyFox

CoreyFox Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Me too.. I am loving it.. Are there any other dungeon crawlers similar to this in the app store?

15. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    #435 Sash-O, Oct 7, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2015
    Haven't played it yet, but there's Coldfire Keep by Crescent Moon Games.
    I think there are less enemy types, especially at the beginning with only mice as enemies!?
    That's why I was waiting for LoG, but I will check it out one day. ;)

16. bobish

bobish Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2013
    I really enjoyed Questlord. Older and not the same polish of LOG, but a lot of fun.

17. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Complete noob question. I recently got an iPad and I am trying to sync my game data from iPhone to the iPad and I just can't get it to work. Any advice gratefully accepted.

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If yer willing to go way back, lose a good bit of tactical depth in battle, and enter a much wider world than the comfort and safety of the good ol' dungeon crawl, The Quest and its infinite bag of holding of expansions will have you covered for the lifetime of the iOS platform.

There was also this minimalistic and retro-themed but very nice homage to the Eye of the Beholder games back in the primeval dawn of iOS gaming... "Under" something, perhaps? You adventured with a full party, more akin to LoG, and there was beasties aplenty to slay. Can anyone remember the name?

19. David1953

David1953 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2013
    I think that you are referring to Undercroft.

Undercroft by Jagex Games Studio
    https://appsto.re/ca/hbKkx.i

20. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That'd be it! Never ventured far, but it seemed like a very nice choice for retro-themed dungeon crawls and Eye of the Beholder-/Might & Magic-themed party RPGing.