Universal Legend of Grimrock (by Almost Human ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 6, 2015.

1. I often get stuck in a corner. Or am afraid of moving and letting them change position. I definitely panic a bit when I feel vulnerable and don't make the best choices. Going to try to work on that with my next attempt. But I need to rethink my party.

2. Myndflame

Myndflame Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2013
    #342 Myndflame, May 19, 2015
    Last edited: May 19, 2015
    If they change position, it's not much of a worry.

The only worry you have doing that is if you're fighting multiple enemies at once. Then you're basically screwed.

A big part of Grimrock's combat is also YOUR positioning. If, for example, you're fighting a bunch of enemies and you have a hallway nearby, make getting there your TOP priority. It's always much better (And easier) to fight multiple enemies one at a time when they cannot go around their friends and hit you on your flanks/back.

3. Yeah, I learned early on when I "entered my grave" that fighting multiple enemies at a time is not fun. :p
    With the spiders, I used the doors as much as possible to separate them, but those two you get right after the door locks behind you -- man those are evil.

Still, I should do better in my next game just for the fact that I won't be feeding my men every time they get hungry.

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    I was playing games like this one back in the day and I pretty much plowed through them. So, either this game is harder than those, or I have become close to brain dead. Some of the solutions to this game would never have crossed my mind. This game is excellent, but I think I may delete it, as I find myself looking at walkthroughs, and I hate doing that. I would keep it but I need the space..... Need a day to decide.

But this game is extremely well done.....possibly like my brain.

5. Yeah, some of the puzzles are very obvious, others take a little trial and error to figure out. Others, I would have never guessed on my own.

6. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Whoa, the last few levels look amazing! I think I'm a few hours off from completing the game, 15 hours in so far.

7. What floor are you on?

8. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    Floor 12.

9. Wow, impressive! And close to the end!

10. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    And done! I really hope LoG2 gets ported to iOS as well.

11. Congrats! I'm curious -- what kind of team did you use?

12. sapphire_neo

Jan 20, 2011
    I did a quick start, so I got a human fighter, minotaur fighter, human mage and human rogue. The human fighter I spec'ed with swords heavily and enough points in armor to wear light armor. The minotaur got sword again but I also gave him enough points in armor to wear heavy armor. The mage I spec'ed in ice and fire and the rogue was almost entirely a missile lady. I think I used daggers with her maybe a handful of times. I regret even putting any points in assassination and daggers.

13. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
  14. macatron

macatron Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2009
    The update is out!! :D

15. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
  16. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    I didn't want to scrub through 36 pages...TL:DR. Anyone know how to initiate spells? I'm getting my booty kicked and can't figure it out from the tutorial.

17. If you have the skill point requirements for a spell and a scroll with the runes on it, tap on the mage's glowing hand (or wand) and trace those runes. Then press the little "cast" icon to the right. If you have enough skill points for a spell but don't know the spell, you can Google it and they should work even if you didn't find the scroll.

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Thanks man. Love reading your reviews BTW

19. Thanks -- means a lot. :)