Universal Legend Borne (by DeNA Co., Ltd.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ben_at_blowfishstudios

ben_at_blowfishstudios Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Game Developer
    Sydney, Australia
    So we have another game, Gunscape, which is on Steam Early Access and about to launch on XB1 and PS4. On the consoles it is a paid title. On Steam it is free for 20% of the content with paid DLC for the rest. You know what a common question is? Many people ask why isn't the whole game free, they don't want to pay for the game. So while you have your opinion, many other people are different unfortunately.

I also think you are very heavy generalising if you think even 20% of freemium games do what you say about targeting whales.

2. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Basically they are saying that the "look" of the game is so close to that of Warcraft that it's almost a ripoff. I am inclined to agree with them on this note, as that was my first thought looking at the screenshots. I was expecting some halfassed ripoff game by some Asian dev that we see all the time.

But I'm actually enjoying this game quite a bit. I like how you've taken some common mechanics and put a new spin on them. I also like how buildings are note useless while upgrading them (they can still perform their function).

Probably my biggest issue right now is how you need to tap on a building to finish the upgrade or construction. It's just an extra step that shouldn't be there. Especially when I'm trying to upgrade something else and it tells me I have no builders available.

The prices on the arena prizes seem a bit steep. Two weeks is also pretty long for single event. I would think that cutting the prices in half and making the events weekly would make it easier to digest, especially with the smaller player pool that currently exists (or at least seems like it).

Also, are there any implications of "which side is winning?" Along the bottom it shows whether the light or dark is pushing further but I don't see any impact of that at all.

3. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    One other thing, the "friend" aspect is probably very dead since it relies exclusively on Facebook and whether or not friends you have on Facebook are playing them game. I imagine that most people are not using this very much, if at all. I actually came to this thread to see if people were adding each other for that purpose.

Maybe have the ability to add random players to your friend list like so many other games do. I like the idea of being able to use someone else's unit in your battles.

4. Slinkys_girl

Slinkys_girl New Member

Feb 19, 2016
    Help ?!

Me and my boyfriend started play about a week ago. I am light and he is dark. We have notice that I've been able to unlock all of my troops and I have a shrine. He is getting frustrated with the fact that he doesn't have his last two troops yet.

Has anyone else saw this problem? Know how he can get his troops?

5. Xapped

Xapped Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2010
    Persistent base building games may not be your cup of tea, but that doesn't mean you need to hate on developers for building them. I've met the guys at Blowfish studios (a couple of years ago, work experience) and they're awesome people making games because they're passionate about it.

The reality is that the mobile gaming audience is choosing F2P games, and the best way to change that is to support premium ones. You can simply choose to not play games you don't like. Developers are people and they really have families to feed.

Also, Ben, if you're reading this Gunscape looks pretty cool! Still looks quite familiar to the early dev build :)

Danny