Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Salvia, when done properly, is significantly more intense than a mushroom (or even LSD) trip. I've done it three or four times, and they were all completely mind blowing. You quite literally leave reality, forgetting who you are or that you even consumed a drug. You experience your mind free of an ego. It's actually quite frightening if you aren't used to these sorts of experiences.

It is now criminalized in many states.

2. Nausicaa

Jul 7, 2009
    The problem in Michigan, and many other states that have legalized marijuana for medical use, is that there are usually no provisions as far as how a patient is supposed to acquire the drug. There are no dispensaries in MI, for example. I believe California is the only state that has really made any progress in this area. It isn't enough to say, "okay, if your doctor says so, you can legally possess 5 grams at a time".

3. TouchGene

TouchGene Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2008
    Just wanted to point out that salvia is sold as incense, and technically not legal to smoke. If you look around in a common smoke shop, you are likely to find "whip-its", compressed nitrous oxide in small canisters, they are legal, for making whipped cream that is.

4. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Disagreed. I am rationally looking at this issue from the outside perspective. Weed has no value to me either way. It's illegal now, I don't smoke it. If it became legal, I still wouldn't smoke it. I am against it because it has a negative effect on individuals and the larger society. You (and your stoner friends) on the other hand, can only think of your personal needs and wants when it comes to this issue - discrediting your opinions in my book.

That my friend, is sad.

LMFAO!

Your right, screw the war on drugs, we should be encouraging our country's young to turn into potheads and drug addicts! Silly me for thinking otherwise...

5. oldskooler81

oldskooler81 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Michigan
    Yes i know Michigan dispensaries are not like California
    there are some but in not a lot

I know salvia is sold as "incense" and becoming criminalized
    but its still legal in states to have on you
    the government has had no move on making it legal nationally

6. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    I would like to know more about this perceived negative effect. Since it is unique to your community, perhaps there are other contributing factors.

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    oh man, you don't even know....

8. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    #168 Outkast1, Sep 23, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
    Jeepers! How'd I miss this thread :eek:

Very wise words. Meth is evil. I've had a number of good friends go down by that $hit... don't hear from them any more. Same with Oxycontin/heroin.. evil stuff... I literally lost my best friend from childhood to this stuff. We were roomies in college, towards the end of freshman year he got hooked on meth.. we had a falling out... didn't talk for 3 years until after he got clean.

We were friends again for about a year and a half... and then he got hooked on oxycontin. he started borrowing money from me, lying about dumb $hit, being shady, and then he tried ripping me off... and tried to run me over with his car... and yeah.. haven't seen him since. He was my best pal, we used to walk to elementary school together every day... and i have no idea if he's even alive anymore.

Back on topic. Weed, pfffft.. Gimme a break. In the past 6 months there have been too many times where i wished i hadn't gotten so drunk the night before. you never say that with herb unless you're on your last nug :) I wish I could quit smoking cigarettes.. I wish I had more time to smoke weed!

Any of you guys ever come out to the bay area, ca hit me up! We can get stoned and play iphone games hahaha

Edit: for the record i've got no problem with lsd... other than the fact it's hard to find legit stuff :)

9. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    +1 great stuff. Thank you Albert Hoffman rip.

On topic, it appears there are some who are very confident in the governments ability to decide what is right for them and what is wrong. Misinformation, and sensationalism have demonized the likes of THC. Many drugs are available for consumption legally on a daily basis. Almost ALL from coffee, to nutmeg are dangerous if ABUSED.

10. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Why, I was referring specifically to Nights out, you know, parties, clubs etc.
    Also i'm only a teen, so i couldn't exactly be married or have kids (well i could, i know 2 people my age with kids, but i don't WANT kids)

11. robstoned

robstoned Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ignorance

Let's start from the beginning.....
    Marijuana or HEMP was used to make rope for the war. They realized that hemp could be used to make many things. They could make paper, clothing and even particle board for building houses. They also found that it is a superior product compared to there counter parts. The clothing doesn't wear as fast as cotton, particle board is stronger than wood and paper is better quality. Our Nations Declaration of Independence was written on Hemp Paper. The reason it is superior is because of the fiber it produces. It is 3 x's the size of the fibers that wood or cotton produce.

Does anybody have a problem with the billions of trees being cut down every year?

Hemp can be mass produced because it grows like a weed and it's much easier to harvest.

Did you know that the seeds have oil that they have been able to make into fuel to power vehicles??

What does all this mean??

POLITICS POLITICS POLITICS!!!!!!

If Hemp was legalized it would put many companies (oil, cotton, wood) that pay washington dc's salary out of business!!

Now lets talk about the marijuana "Drug"...

This drug can be ingested (you can eat it), smoked etc. It brings you into a state of happiness and can make you hungry.

People dying from aids who have lost there appetite and are in pain can smoke weed or eat it to take away the pain and to give them there appetite back. Which in return helps them live longer.. This goes for people dying from cancer and other issues.

Has marijuana use ever killed anybody??

NOPE

But it gives LIFE to dying people!!

Just think about it Marijuana has never killed anybody, nobody has ever used sooo much that it killed them or impaired them enough to make stupid decisions like you would if you were drunk..

Alcohol kills thousands of people every year..

What I am saying through all of this is that marijuana is like the Jesus Plant. It does everything but just the idea that it could help save our forests is enough for me to get it legalized..

When it comes to smoking I don't think young people should be using but I would way rather have them use that then alcohol or anything else.

Also the thing about Marijuana being a gateway drug is a freakin LIE!

The reason people sometimes go to harder drugs after marijuana is because there is not enough supply. When marijuana runs out people are looking for that buzz so because they get weed from criminals instead of weed shops those criminals offer harder drugs that are sold for much less then weed and then people try it and get hooked.
    If weed was legalized I think that other drugs would start to fade....

I can't write anymore.. I'm going to smoke!!

12. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    You win!

13. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Allright!

Which of my fellow potheads registered as robstoned? LOLOLOL

14. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    No.

Because I don't want potheads walking around my town.
    Pot users are a threat to the community.

15. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    No, I'd say your ignorance is more a danger to your community than pot.

16. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    first off, I'm smarter than a person on dope. By the way I'm not ignorant it's an opinion. Do you get that?

17. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

#177 Eli, Sep 24, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
    http://www.marijuanalibrary.org/7_presidents.html

http://www.marijuana-uses.com/essays/002.html

You really need to think before you post, dude. Once you get out of D.A.R.E. classes you will eventually figure out that a lot of the things you learn about drug use (especially when used in a responsible recreational manner) is basically anti-drug propaganda clouded in extreme examples and "Your life will be ruined!!!" rhetoric.

18. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Actually it's your IGNORANT opinion. That is to say your opinion is based on misinformation, misunderstanding, and general lack of the essential facts to legitimately make a stand on the issue.

19. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    It is amazing though, I mean they've really done a number on the perception of THC. Mindblowing that it's so demonized. I quote the great katt williams

"Weed ain't a drug! It's a plant.....it grows outta the ground,....I've seen it"

All kidding aside, I love yourrolf's posts. Especially during long boring work days.

20. Nausicaa

Jul 7, 2009
    Sure, it's an opinion, but an ignorant one. The notion that me and my friends - professionals in the fields of finance, law, medicine, and small business owners - are a 'threat' to 'the community' is laughable. It's obvious you don't know many, if any, people that smoke. Nor does it sound like you have any personal experiences with the drug.

The amazing thing about these debates is that they happen everywhere. Just go to any forum, for instance. It doesn't matter what the topic is, you'll find a thread like this one. People that use marijuana exist in every income strata, and any cultural segment you can think of.

So yes, your opinion is most certainly founded in ignorance. Unless you're prepared to defend and back up the asserion that cannabis users are somehow a threat.