Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    Just with any substance use whether it's weed (or god forbid) stronger drugs like prescription or worse: crack or stronger... a high is only as good if the people who are with you KNOWS or at one time has done it.

Weed doesn't do as much but when you do anything stronger, you gotta do it with the people who knows it. Otherwise, you'll all jump off a cliff.
    -------------

I kept my DARE shirt :D It looks awesome ;) I love the font

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    DARE- Drugs Are Really Expensive:(

But seriously WTF are you talking about?

3. super6ft7

super6ft7 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Nights where I have smoked Marijuana have been some of the best in my life, just saying!

If it was legal, you would be able to buy weed without it being:
    -altered to have random crap n it
    -altered to be addictive
    -safer to buy
    -people with money would help earn the government more in taxes

And to people talking about how people would bypass the government, there is still Tax frauds at the moment, illegal sellers etc.

4. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Of course it should be legal. It's one of the safest and least toxic substances known to man - impossible to overdose. Potatoes are significantly more toxic, and much more lethal than cannabis.

Of course, potatoes don't alter your consciousness. Still, cannabis is one of the least intoxicating drugs out there. People who are stoned may have difficulty thinking through overly technical things (I have a hard time writing, for example), but you never lose control of yourself or your emotions - your ability to make sound judgements - the way you might after drinking alcohol. I think most adults have at one point been so drunk they were effectively running on autopilot, with no memory of their actions the next day. That level of intoxication isn't characteristic of cannabis. It's just not possible.

I think most people who have used the drug are shocked by how mild it actually is, and are even more shocked that it's illegal and dragged through the mud with such misleading rhetoric.

This isn’t to say it can’t be abused. It is so mild that people prone to laziness or lacking self-control can start using it habitually. I don't think this sort of addiction is very common (~5-10% of users), but it can result in someone living in a mental cloud where they're never really functioning with a full deck. Of course, the drug has no physically addictive properties (unlike alcohol, in which case severe withdrawal can actually kill someone), so breaking the habit shouldn't be too difficult. All the 'negative' aspects of habitual use subside with sobriety over time.

That said, given its legal status, cannabis is extremely easy to come by. Granted, I live in a major urban area, but at any given time I can chose among a handful of different strains, and have any amount I want delivered to my door, any time of day. My connects aren't particularly special, this is common.

Still, I would like to see legality so I could feel more comfortable smoking out of the house, and for the sizable price reduction that would result. Not to mention putting a dent in the monumental waste of taxpayer dollars and individual liberties squandered in this "War on Drugs". The 'coffee shops' in Amsterdam are amazing, and a lot of fun. I would love to see places like those in the States (aside from Cali's medi-marijuana clinics).

5. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Applause!!!! *standing ovation" is more like it!

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I'd be fine with it being legalized, but people who smoke it still stink.

7. loves2spoon

loves2spoon Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2009
    Sales
    California
    everyday on the local news police find planets worth millions of dollars and burn them...

hurry up and legalize it, oh wait California would be out of debt! nevermind who's got the matches?

8. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    I think the reason it hasn't been legalized by now is just by principle alone. No politician wants to be 'that guy' :( I'll go into one of my conspiracies and say it was outlawed thanks to the pulp companies way back in the day as hemp was cheaper and easier to make into many products but those in the pulp industry had ins with lawmakers and thus made it illegal so their pulp refinement could grow into a massive business with no competition :mad:

9. oldskooler81

oldskooler81 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Michigan
    Thank You Thank You
    Your amazing for this post
    but i will have to say that one time i blacked out and dont remember from smoking to much but that was 4/20

10. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    As long as they don't legalize Meth or LSD, I'm fine... I'll never smoke though, so...

Or at least I think I won't, no promises...

11. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Do you drink?

12. Brazilian Rider

Brazilian Rider Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    Yes, but never too much...

13. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    So why wouldn't you try a spliff, if even once?

14. saintsalive

saintsalive Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Playing pocket god! Oh, and other games.
    Pygmy Island
    Convincing people is kinda wrong. If someone doesn't want to smoke, they don't have to. That goes for someone who wants to smoke too. Where I live it's highly illegal and everyone is against it. I have to remain kinda neutral because I don't want to smoke it and dislike when people smoke it, but I guess that's their choice, and actually legalizing it would make it safer, as someone said about people putting random crap in it.

15. killy billy

killy billy Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2009
    planet iphone/ipad
    dont care.....it's already legal here in holland.
    as a matter of fact....gonna roll a spliff now!:D
    peace out shizzlesssss :cool:

16. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    I was just pointing out the fact that he has no reservations about drinking, but is somehow repulsed by the thought of smoking weed. I was just curious as whether he doesn't smoke simply because it's illegal, or if he had a deeper reason. I like brazilian, I don't want to make him do something he doesn't want to do.

17. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    How about access to it?

18. Gamingfun

Gamingfun Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    Well another thing to point out if it was legalized is where on earth would they allow those to smoke it? A few places are starting to make it illegal to smoke cigarettes OUTSIDE! :confused: of all places where it should be alright to have a smoke my word. Soon if you want a tobacco product you'll only be allowed to smoke it in a cave you have to make yourself...

19. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada
    It is interesting that the US classifies natural THC as Schedule I but the same substance, when patented, is Schedule III.

20. oldskooler81

oldskooler81 Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Michigan
    Also salvia is legal
    I mean that is way worse the pot
    Its like a shroom trip but it only last for like 10 minutes

Also I live in MI so if i have a medical issue i can get medical pot
    but i dont so it sucks