Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I grow my own.

/eliminated problem

Proper stoners should have their secret compartments in their vehicles to get from dealers house and back safely anyways(everyone I ever knew had SOMETHING hahah). If you drive with knowing you have shit on you in the back of your mind, you are only going to make things worse. Not every cop is out to get you... lol

2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Illegality has a ton of negative side effects for those who partake. A lost job, should one be screened, a VERY negative outlook from the rest of society, contributed to the flood of misinformation perpetuated during the 70's-today. Jail time, should a "suspicious" neighbor call the cops due to a "smell". Minding my business isn't enough to avoid the persecution of society, and hence why I'm so passionate about reform.

3. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    i dont know if any one mentioned this but here in california its pretty mcuh legal. you just need a license to say that your using it for medical ppurposes i know a few people who have them. and they are not difficult to get. once you got that you can pretty much smoke pot wherever you want becuase noone can stop you from taking your medication. you can even grow it if you want. i think the only problem is that its not taxed it would help the state out alot if it was. if you have a license they practically give it away to you

4. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    I live in florida, where they are not exactly as "user friendly":)

5. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009

6. nightbeaver

nightbeaver Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    dont get me wrong im not saying everyone smoke it the streets over here. and i dont think anyone under 21 can get a that license for it. its only recently that people have been taking advantage of the medical marijuana thing even though the law ws passed bakc in '96. that really becuase obama has stopped making marijuana a federal issue and decided to leave it up to the states to form thier own policy regarding pot.

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Making pot legal won't stop the drug tests for jobs, people will still think negative of you if all you do is sit around and smoke pot, and there will still be skewed claims from each side. And if your neighbor has beef with you, talk to them and let them know you're a proactive member of the community and that you want to live in peace as much as they do. I feel most times people don't think negatively of you cause you smoke, but because you exemplify to characteristics of a typical pot head. You're right, minding your own business is often to little, you should work together with neighbors to complete neighborhood projects or just helping in keeping the neighborhood clean and safe so it's not prone to cop activity.

8. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    So instead of making it easier for everyone, taking power away from all the dealers that currently deal BECAUSE it is illegal, possibly making a boatload of money on taxes with the drug, saving a bunch of money by stopping a failed mission that is the war on drugs, and helping possibly hundreds of thousands of people that could use the drug instead of more harsh medications, you suggest we keep it illegal and you just hide it from the cops.

Just break the law, quite possibly ruin your life as well as others if you have a family, and continue this sad situation. Simply because it would infringe upon your rights for other people to smoke. Even though people currently smoke ANYWAYS, not only Cannabis but cigarettes. You don't see anything wrong with this at all?

(This is a legitimate question that I would love an honest Yes/No to)

Do you think Alcohol should be illegal as well Eric?

9. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    accidental repost

10. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    When was the last time you had a blood alcohol test for a job??? People think negatively because of perpetuated half-truths, and generalization. Yes becoming an active member of one's community may earn the respect of some community members, but in no way protects me from ALL possible legal repercussions. I shouldn't have to walk on egg shells. I should be able to smoke in celebration just as my alcohol loving brethren do! Please name a more benign recreational drug, cause so far, I haven't seen one.

11. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    Not since I'm about to turn 21, should it be illegal? yes. They already screwed up making it legal, they tried to fix it with prohibition and that failed, so YaY for me.

12. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    This sounds a lot like "Do as I say, not as I do".:(

13. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This conversation makes me want to smoke. f*cking work >.>

14. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    That's what lunch breaks are for:D

15. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #95 HardcoreEricXXX, Jul 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
    I definatly do not live by my opinion of what is right and what is wrong. I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I just feel like when I ask myself honestly if it is in everyones best interest to legalize marijuana the answer seems overwhelmingly 'no'.

I'm gonna fail this Bio test here in an hour cause I've been talking about pot all morning. I wish I was in the Oaksterdam University (http://www.oaksterdamuni************/) out in Cali.

DMAN **********.COM for spamming their website all over TouchArcade, those losers.

16. guggug

guggug Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2009
    cause the app versity review site kept spamming the site

17. iReview

iReview Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    eh, i'ma say no.
    I have reasons.

18. Crzychkn

Crzychkn Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Utah, USA
    So just to make this clear, (And quite possibly lose all credibility to me as well as a little respect) you say that because your about to turn 21, no it should not be illegal. THEN, yes it should be legal. AND THEN, because they tried to fix it with a prohibition (AKA War on drugs?) and it failed, "YaY" for you because it isn't illegal.

Wow.

One last thing, don't you think that if we took the same approach with Cannabis that we do with Alcohol, it would be possibly less dangerous, as well as generate a decent amount of revenue? I don't see any kind of con with Cannabis that is any more extreme than Alcohol. Anyone want to enlighten me on what one could be?

19. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    What are your reasons??

20. HardcoreEricXXX

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    if you want reasons why alcohol should be illegal, go google, It's the same way I feel about pot.