Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Speaking from experience, there are no genuinely good medical drugs for insomnia. It's one of those awkward conditions where supposed cures are "worth a shot" but different things work for different people. I can imagine weed being effective if it helps someone achieve a greater sense of calmness.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    *clears throat*

It's uhhh... "cops wanna come and snatch my crops". *coughs*

THESE PIGS WANNA BLOW MY HOUSE DOWWWWNNNN.

Ok, got it out of my system. :D

3. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Glad im from holland, stuffs legal here.:D

4. It probably depends on what's causing the insomnia, but I've been suffering from it lately, and I've found that benzodiazepine derivatives like Lorazepam (Ativan) actually work well. It's not specifically meant for insomnia but it has anxiolytic/sedative properties that have a mentally calming effect that helps you sleep better when taken in small doses. The only negative is that its effects are pretty long-lasting, so it can make you feel drowsy for as long as 18 hours. Best used on weekends. :)

5. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I used to smoke and take Ativan. Shit made for a good night's sleep that's for sure. I've never felt so relaxed.

6. That's what I'm doing right now (minus the smoke). It quiets my mind and lets me focus on sleep -- and I sleep like a baby without waking up with that head full of cotton like regular sleeping pills often give me. I don't have to take it every night, but if I'm restless, it works every time I do, and pretty quickly too.

7. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Any new pot smokers on the forums? Still going strong ;)

8. thethinice

thethinice Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2010
    Hawaii
    Nice.

Went to the beach the day before. This girl was sitting in her friends truck. She apparently took some medicine, and then started smoking pot. Long story short, her friends called the lifeguard, who called the ambulance and fire department. But what was really funny, was when the lifeguard came over. Me and my friends thought that he was just checking for weed in the car, when a couple stalls over this other group of guys were just puffing away.

9. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    Since this thread started in 2009, I've gone from voting no to planning to study abroad in Amsterdam in two semesters ;)

10. Spamcan

Spamcan Well-Known Member

#770 Spamcan, Oct 10, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
    I'm happy I went last year because by the time you get there that atmosphere will be completely gone. The government there decided to stop foreigners from patronizing the coffeeshops by forcing each one to individually accept a limited number of yearly memberships and they're reclassifying strong strains of weed as a "hard drug". :mad: I was looking forward to going back in 2013 but it doesn't seem likely that that's going to happen. It makes me sad, because when I went the neighborhood around Dam square was an absolute pot paradise. Head shops, smart shops, seed shops and gift shops selling paraphernalia lined the streets with huge displays in their windows. There was a corner where The Green House, Ricks Coffeeshop, The Bulldogs and The Grasshopper met which had outdoor tables where you could smoke. The smell of weed wafted over the canal there and filled the air. It was absolutely amazing, I've never seen anything like it.

Meanwhile in California the federal government is planning to crack down on dispensaries while sending the IRS after the collectives sometime in November.

11. nooobynick

nooobynick Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2009
    From what I saw the yearly memberships and netherlands resident only are only on the border towns. Amsterdam and other cities shouldn't change. I'm hoping that high-thc ban doesn't take effect or is reversed by next fall though.

12. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    I just did some research on that Amsterdam thing and it seems like a whole lot of hot air. Its just some movement by religious radicals who think it shouldnt be allowed. Amsterdam isnt going to cut off what is their only source of tourism. They make so much money from this that they would be complete idiots to completely shut off their flow of tourists. Without weed shops, would anybody go to Amsterdam? No.

And that CA thing is messed up but it'll work itself out, the state gov and feds have been at odds for years now, and many dispensaries are still running strong.

13. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Weed is only illegal because it's impossible to patent a plant. If alcohol is legal, so should be weed. Alcohol has WAAAAY more adverse effects and it's good n' legal. I personally don't care, I'm gonna smoke weed whether or not it's legal (but I live in BC, where it's part of our culture to smoke weed)

14. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    I think it should defiantly be legal. It's hard to believe alcohol and tobacco are legal when both result in thousands of deaths each year, yet there are no confirmed deaths from smoking marijuana( at least if I remember correctly , If there are then there are very few cases). People smoking marijuana does not harm the person or the people around him, unlike the two drugs mentioned above.

On a related note, I was watched a documentary about marijuana where they talked to a few dealers. They said if marijuana became legal, they would be out of a job as there would be no way to compete with the major corporations.( marijuana can top $400 an ounce)

Never the less, I see no reason why it should not be legalized.

15. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    #775 jeffy777, Oct 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
    Alcohol is much more harmful, and it's legal.....so it's pretty hypocritical that weed is still illegal.

Thankfully I live in a state (Michigan) where people are at least starting to come to their senses and it's legal here for medical use at least....but they really should just make it completely legal for adults.

:)

16. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    defanetly ilegel.... potheds shouldnt even be alloewd to hav any rights

17. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I think it should be legal, people should be able to make their own choices as long as it's not harming others and there are obvious medicinal uses for people in pain. Also happens to be my favourite smell/taste.

18. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    If pot was legal, millions of people like myself would actually enjoy life again. :eek:

19. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

errr... :D

20. jeffy777

jeffy777 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Wow....I guess none of our recent presidents should have rights either since they all blazed at one time or another. We shouldn't have any music to listen to either since all the best musicians have all toked up too. Yeah, the world would be soooooo much better without weed! :rolleyes:

And great spelling too, btw. You might want to exercise your right as a non-"pothed" to improve your English skills. :)