Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Ha.

But medical marijuana legalization is on the rise. Soon you can go get it yourself if you have it prescribed because of health problems. Oh and one of those health problems includes the absence of hunger and the loss of the ability to want to eat food.

2. Amelia

Amelia Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    not sure if anyone posted about this but a REAL life experiment in the decriminalization of ALL drugs was Portugal. they did this about 10 years ago, and have found a drastic decrease in drug use/abuse and drug related problems (like OD, suicide, violent crime, gang crime etc).

They have something called a dissuasion committee which basically exists to dissuade you from using drugs, if you are caught with drugs. It is a very interesting system and one worth looking into for anyone who might be on the wall as to the effectiveness of decriminalization. The government of Portugal unanimously agrees that it is effective at reducing use/abuse/crime related to drugs.

3. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    See, that's something I wish the US would try. I mean..it'd probably be chaos at first, but I think in the long-run it could be beneficial.

4. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    Unfortunately, we wont see that for quite some time, still too many ingorant idiots who think marijuana is just another hard drug that kills you.

5. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I don't think we'll ever see it. The government is too efficient at covering up the truth.

6. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Fact: Marijuana impairs judgement.

Fact: Marijuana has killed people because of this.

Fact: Smoking just a single joint is the equivalent of smoking six cigarettes, making it six times as addictive and six times as harmful to your lungs.

Excuse me for being an "ignorant idiot," but I don't really care to have a bunch of high potheads running around like they're on loopy pills. No thanks. Keep it illegal.

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    lets all LOL at this fool.

8. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Bahahaha..I'm sorry [not really] but your ignorance is hilarious.

9. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Let's all use some common sense for once in your life. Any person with half a brain wouldn't want to do that kind of damage to their body.

10. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    nah man im with you...
    +1

11. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Please. Stop. Your ignorance is making me laugh too much.

I suspect I could die [from laughing] if I had smoked a blunt and read your comment.

12. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    Thank you. Finally, a person that uses their head.

13. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    News flash:

Just because people don't share the same opinion as you, it doesn't mean we aren't "using our heads."

14. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    yeah, like i dont think this stuff is horrible, but I just think it aint right. like its not that great...they only want it cuz they cant have it. and it kills them. then they get it, and it kills them

15. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    - I beg to differ; one call and I can get it :rolleyes:

- Oh yea I forgot, once you touch bud you magically die, its like anthrax.

16. The prez 12521

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    well if you can get it anytime you want, then you can easily use it multiple times. thats like saying i can buy advil, and 1 touch will kill me. no, im saying after a while, ,it will. but then again we all die. would u rather die with a joint in hand, or a cane?

17. Pyro

Pyro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    My house
    I presume that you are a well educated person, and that your arguments could be just as good as mine, but let me repeat myself: Smoking kills. That is a solid fact. Maybe you didn't learn that in elementary school. Maybe you missed that.

18. AaronAMV

AaronAMV Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    WHO KNOWS
  19. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    I..didn't quite follow what you were trying to say. But yes, we all die at one point in time. But the world ends in 2012 so I don't have to worry much.

[yes, that was a joke]

Yes, smoking kills. But one basic thought that I've come to like is: In today's day & age, what doesn't kill you?

Its been reported that the use of cell phones may cause brain tumors/reduce sperm count, is that going to stop you from using your cell?

20. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    http://www.alternet.org/story/9257/