Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. hardcoregamer

hardcoregamer Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Trust me, if it didn't do anything, it wouldn't be illegal. Just ask ipod touch guy's dead cousin, rofl

2. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Fact: You can't OD on weed. If you smoke more than you can handle, you pass out. I don't believe there's been a reported case of someone dying from smoking just weed.

3. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Dude, calm yourself down. Just because someone has a different point of view than yours, it doesn't mean that they're wrong. It's just a thread on an internet gaming forum. Relax. Don't get the thread closed, okay? :p

4. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    The person who gets this thread closed will be swiftly delt with. I'm serious....I'll kill you.

5. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    I know, I can see you staring at me through my window. Haha, you just fell out of the tree. :p

6. d1

d1 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2009
    Did I sound enraged? Nope..didn't think so. I made a valid statement, more than I can say about 99.9% of your posts.

Also, there's a difference between having a different point of view, and being completely uninformed and making absurd assumptions about something you have no clue about.

7. Mr. Crazy

Mr. Crazy Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    :rolleyes: and you can say that.

Anyway i never heard anyone being dead from just pot, if they do it with other drugs yea, mainly i think it's illegal because people do pot, and then it's like a stepping stone to other drugs. Like they do weed, some will think they can do other drugs and not get any harm done.

8. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    No..... you can die from weed, and you don't even have to overdose. I learned it from school, did it myself, I'm not a stranger to pot. I'm enraged in 99% of my posts huh? I guess I have another stalker on my hands now. ;)

9. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Prove it. Name one person who has died due to marijuana intoxication. Just one...shouldn't be very hard for a man with your expertise on the subject.

10. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    So you said in the past, you are 14, never had a detention, you have had sex, and now you have done weed. :rolleyes:

11. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Is that a crime? Oh wait, part of it is, lol.

Myth: No one has ever died from using marijuana

The Kaiser study also found that daily pot users have a 30% higher risk of injuries, presumably from accidents. These figures are significant, though not as high as comparable risks for heavy drinkers or tobacco addicts. That pot can cause accidents is scarcely surprising, since marijuana has been shown to degrade short-term memory, concentration, judgment, and coordination at complex tasks including driving.(1) There have been numerous reports of pot-related accidents --- some of them fatal, belying the attractive myth that no one has ever died from marijuana. One survey of 1023 emergency room trauma patients in Baltimore found that fully 34.7% were under the influence of marijuana, more even than alcohol (33.5%); half of these (16.5%) used both pot and alcohol in combination.(2) This is perhaps the most troublesome research ever reported about marijuana; as we shall see, other accident studies have generally found pot to be less dangerous than alcohol. Nonetheless, it is important to be informed on all sides of the issue. Pot smokers should be aware that accidents are the number one hazard of moderate pot use. In addition, of course, the psychoactive effects of cannabis can have many other adverse effects on performance, school work, and productivity.

12. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Oh I'm sure people get hurt, WHILE stoned. People get hurt sober too, but being stoned in and of itself, has never killed anyone. I may have altered judgement after a cop of coffee, hence why I actually get up and go to work.

13. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    The point is that marijuana is dangerous. It has horrible side effects and it shouldn't ever be legalized.

14. Mr. Crazy

Sep 15, 2009
    England
    So shouldn't alcohol be illegal then?

15. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    They already tried that. It didnt work because it helped out organized crime and they couldnt go without their booze

16. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    The only point proven here, is how effective misdirection is at hiding the facts. The study you've sighted has too many variables to be even considered accurate. What age were those injured? Was alcohol also in their systems? Etc. Even assuming your facts are correct, then why should weed be outlawed and not tobacco and alcohol? And excluding even that...why should YOU, or anybody else, get to tell ME what I can do to my body. Should any legitimate data surface that shows that me and my friends are a TRUE menace to society, then I may actually agree with stripping the populace of their oh so important civil liberites.

17. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    Back in the 1960's, the rate of organized crime increased heavily when alcohol became illegal.

18. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    You sound like a naive little kid right there.

19. hardcoregamer

Sep 20, 2009
    Making iPhone games
    touchArcade
    hey! good minds think alike! lol u beat me by a few seconds

20. da shiz wiz 19

da shiz wiz 19 Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Oh the irony