Legalization of Marijuana?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Giggity, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Marijuana Be Legalized?

1. Yes

198 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

134 vote(s)
    40.4%
  1. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Also, was anyone watching NBC last night? Two mainstream network comedy shows had storylines involving cannabis. How can anyone think it isn't a joke at this point? It's such a common element in all forms of media.

2. robstoned

robstoned Member

Sep 24, 2009
    The problem is that America is such a powerhouse and alot of countries take there cue from us. If America did legalize marijuana, in the next 2 years every other country would do the same.

I agree that a lot of jobs are dependent on the drug war and such but I still think the bigger picture is the industry and not the drug. Hemp is a threat to not only cotton and wood but also the oil companies since they are able to create fuel from the oil produced from Hemp Seeds.

Oil companies control washington...

3. robstoned

robstoned Member

Sep 24, 2009
    What a beautiful day it will be........

Attached Files:

4. Outkast1

Outkast1 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    California
    Whoa! wtf is that?? vaporizer? I must be getting too old, can't keep up with all the latest stuff anymore haha

5. robstoned

robstoned Member

Sep 24, 2009
    That is some futuristic device someone threw together on some photoshop software. Legalization will bring us a much cleaner high.. Compressed vaporized weed smoke in a can..

haha

6. Giggity

Giggity Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    lol that would be the greatest day of my life. btw, i found some weed that literally sparkled when I put it in my bowl and lit it. It was like a sparkler. but it wasn't from the lighter or anything. It was straight up the weed. It was some crazzyy stuff.

7. NomaD

NomaD Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    California
    wow, what were you smokin on?

8. Giggity

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Lol it was a normal glass bowl, the weed was kinda darker and it was like encrusted in crystals and orange hairs. It was tiny sparkles in the bowl in the areas I lit. I heard its cause of the pestos, and ferts, but I hope not. LOL.

9. Nausicaa

Nausicaa Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    You probably had a seed mixed in. They tend to spark up a bit when set on fire. They also taste like shit and ruin your bowl! ;)

10. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    No offense to the pro-legalization people, but I generally find these sorts of topics to be filled with potheads who want easier access to the stuff and ignore all possible negative implications of legalization in regards to a perceived benefit of reducing crime and raising tax money.

Personally, I don't care. Though I tend to lean towards the legalization side, just because it seems mostly a harmless drug, and sometimes the government oversteps its boundaries when telling people what they can and can not do, especially when it doesn't really affect other people (ie non smokers).

My only real qualm though, is the potential for more stupid behaviour out in public. There's already enough of that, more than enough in fact.

11. NothingLikeSleep

NothingLikeSleep Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2009
    Stalker of the night
    The badlands
    #231 NothingLikeSleep, Oct 9, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
    I haven't been an avid smoker since high school but I believe it to be more harmless now than I did then. I mean really, maybe we should focus our efforts on banning obesity than pot (especially considering cigarettes kill more people a year than any other substance).

Arresting people for just smoking pot makes about as much sense as cutting a weed above the root.

12. starjimstar

starjimstar Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Entrepreneur
    Canada

I have observed inarticulate goons on both sides of the fence in this thread. But I really only wanted to address your final point. I can't imagine that concern would ever materialize. Cannabis is currently illegal(ish) but it is still easily accessible. It is unlikely there are droves of law abiding citizens just waiting for the day they are allowed to make asses of themselves in public (which, just like with alcohol, I'm sure would not be tolerated.)

13. Maeks

Maeks Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    Fair enough, so Ill reword my statement a bit. I'm aware that most people who smoke marijuana are content to sit at home (i dont mean this as an insult) and not go out, at least based off all myfriends in high school. It's the ones that go and be stupid outside I was referring to. Probably the exception, but there is still just enough to annoy the hell out of me.

So basically, these damned college kids.

14. Giggity

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Lol i've been trying to venture out of my basement with my friends and actually get into trouble... :p

15. kijib

kijib Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2009
    Incredibly successful Brain Surgeoune
    Pokemon World
    yes but it needs t be really expensive to get a marijuana liscense so AMERICA MAKES MONEY

16. arc417

arc417 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2009
    ast. coach and student
    FRISCO
    but then no one would bother fiddling with a license, when they can just deal it illegally as they are now.

Legalization would not make much of a difference to me, since my state has virtually given up on marijuana persecution. People in my city walk around baked as **** and the cops don't do shit.

17. Giggity

Apr 14, 2009
    Looking For Job
    USA
    Excuse me but what state is this? A cop pulled me over because one of my brake lights was out and when he walked up he told me I had weed on my lap so he searched my car. I hadn't touched pot that day and there was none in my car...

18. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    #238 dogmeat, Nov 2, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2009
    prob california. I know most of the cops in my hood and talk to them baked on many occasions. I live in SF though, it's a weed garden.

lol, just noticed arco or whatever is in FRISCO, thats my hood! Hey, you in the sunset?

All I have to say about san francisco is that it is the only place in the world where people SING on the muni ( train system ) all kinds of weed songs, holding hands, hugging, its insane and I'm not kidding. erm, on april 20th, 4/20 day.

19. Veratek

Veratek Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    VERATEkĀ®
    washington
    i must admit the iphone and it's games are a very, very enjoyable time waster when coupled with blazing :D

20. dogmeat

dogmeat Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Information Security Engineer
    San Francisco, CA
    pinball is awesome :)

Boost3d is pretty cool too.

I typically work though and try to do stuff that doesn't get me sitting down being lazy for extended periods.