Leave App Feedback to Win $10,$20 iTunes Gift Cards

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by AlfaApps, Aug 2, 2012.

1. AlfaApps

AlfaApps Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #1 AlfaApps, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
    Hi guys!

Alfa Production LLC is giving away iTunes Gift Cards for the most valuable feedback on how we can improve our free app Rocket Space. Like our Facebook page and leave a detailed feedback under the Rocket Space banner.

1. Download Rocket Space
    2. Like our Facebook page
    3. Leave your detailed feedback on how to improve the game under the Rocket Space banner.

In case, you are not a Facebook user, you can leave your feedback in this thread.

Prizes:

1st, 2nd - $20 iTunes cards for those leaving a detailed feedback on our Facebook page.
    3rd, 4th - $10 iTunes cards for those leaving a detailed feedback in this thread.

The contest ends on the 4th of August.

Description:

Rocket Space is a fun, addictive game. You become an astronaut exploring the ouskirts of space whilst you rip through the atmosphere. Tilt your device to dodge the on-coming obstacles such as planes, satellites and mysterious spaceships. Upgrade your rocket to fly faster and accomplish your mission by reaching Pluto.

Screenshots

[​IMG]

The Lucky Winners are:

$20 iTunes card - Darth Ronfar, Little LyZah – your reviews are great!
    $10 iTunes card - Tony Leung, EfratBarTal – some points are really helpful!

Thanks for participation!

Youtube video:http://bit.ly/NMCina
    iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rocket-space/id531141378?mt=8
    Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/AlfaProductionLLC

2. o0smoothies0o

o0smoothies0o Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Liked on Facebook as James Nolan and left feedback comment under banner.
    Also left a review on App Store as I<3amberlancaster. Fun app, thanks :)

3. CocaCola

CocaCola Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Love this game! It has smooth and fluid gameplay and there are so many options for upgrading the rocket, you will have a lot of fun doing this. Also love the graphics.

4. paul1998

paul1998 Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    No Facebook:Im really sorry, but this game seems to bland to me there are so many of these types of games. you have to add something special and unique about. I love how it has a lot of content.

5. iInfamouSs

iInfamouSs Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Spatium
    #5 iInfamouSs, Aug 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
    Great game. I love the graphics, are colorful, the music is nice and overall the game is really addictive that I can't put it down so I highly recommend it :)

Some suggestions:

- Difficulties: Easy - Medium - Hard
    - More power-ups & space ships
    - Option to adjust tilt sensitivity
    - Online multiplayer

6. JeNeI

JeNeI Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2010
    Student
    Romania
    Reviewed as Jenei Arnold,and submitted feedback under the same name.

7. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    1) more animated main menu screen (possibly some animation on the rocket, maybe a launch. some text movement). main menu feels kinda dead.
    2) sky color - too uniform. needs some gradient. or a layered background
    3) rename the shop from "updates" to "upgrades"..

overall i love the versatility of the items in shop. at first i was like "what? is this the biggest angle that i can tilt my rocket to?" but then i saw maneuverability is also upgrade-able. so that's a nice concept if somewhat annoying at start.

8. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #8 Darth Ronfar, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    You have a base all you need is to continue building it.

Ok, well the good news is you have a pretty solid base of a game to work with the bad news is you are going to need to add alot more "flare" to make this sell.

Most importantly I couldnt hear any sound, and the music didn't really fit the game.

Also, the UI is kind of bland as well as the background etc.. But we'll get to that in a moment.

The most important thing you need, the thing that will eventually make this addictive and fun, is a reward system. Sure everyone is doing it now... Well that's because it works. I hope you know what I mean. If not, in most games there's generally 3 tasks to complete while playing that give you additional points/coins etc.. This will give the player a sense of purpose and hook them in trying to collect and do the things necsecarry to complete these "quests"

Now, let's get into the actual game. The gameplay felt ok tilting etc.. But I felt Like I didn't have enough control of it. For example if I saw something I was about to hit there was no possible way to avoid it... You need to fix this because it's throwing in an element of luck that shouldn't be there.. If someone can dodge everything no matter the difficulty it allows them to feel like it was their skill that did it, for instance if someone hits a plane or a balloon they need to be able to look back and say I could've dodged that I wasnt fast enough..

The game has no story, no purpose,no goal(except fly to Pluto from what I just read) That may be ok to some point but I feel like every game should have some kind of story. Ok so your flying this space ship to...? I feel like I'm playing a lite version because I know my tank is gonna run out of gas eventually... Which is probly because the design of the game only goes up so high? Wether I'm right or not that doesnt matter point is there are people that will make it as far as you can create if you allow them to and yes you must allow them to for reasons I've mentioned. There needs to be a prologue or a introduction, tutorial,setup whatever..you can't just assume the player knows what theyre doing.

When playing, The last thing I figured out was that pushing the screen gave me turbo(this should have Already been explained) Although the turbo use feels new and fresh it's not enough. I think flying with no gas boost (not touching the screen) should barely lower your gas gauge. That way people won't feel pressured(I know there's upgrades and stuff but still). By making the normal movement decrease Alot (almost not at all) slower it makes the turbo feel alot more usefull.

Getting back to the graphics, the space ship itself is actually pretty good, it's the background that needs alot more stuff. I like how it changes and gets darker as you move up, expand on this idea. there should be more scenery in the back and someway to make your rocket and the obstacles/ items not blend in so much..(with a game like this it's good to make obstacles and items stick out by using some kind of glow or anything) As for the obstacle's mobement they should either follow set paths or have an AI(and must be dodgeAble, meaning you need more control over the rocket)

One thing I thought about while playing is the ability to shoot.. This could be another answer to getting around enimies, maybe have shooting tied in someway to your engine power or health(whatever the other bar is) you could ad a whole slew of guns and rockets in There with the ship upgrades..

Now we need something to set this game apart and better than it's competition. How a out instead of the normal 3 side tasks you put 5.(example make it 100 m without using ur turbo boost etc.) Now as far as a story just come up with something...it doesn't have to be much. It could be as simple as a flight crew testing out a rocket or another civilizAtions first time trying to use flight. Show the character in their and give him some sense of purpose.

I kind of like that idea of it being a race other than human using the rocket.. Maybe make it a secret only obtainable after getting to a certain point, whether it's to mAke it to a certain height, or accumulate enough points etc..

Like the begining of the game you could have some "people" talking about the mission without showing them. Then maybe have them talking to you while your playing. That will not only add some story bust also have the player feel like they know what to do and why they're doing it. Of course if you go with the idea I've mentioned you should probly change up the rocket so that it's not so traditional, same with everything else have it be similar looking to Earth but still different enough that you can't tell for certain.

Ok, I played it a little more I came to what I think was the moon which was good but tou need a laandmark like this at the begining like a guy looking at a map or a more profound launch sequence. I also thought it would be cool if you had some kind of sensor guide or sonar that you could upgrade maybe it could give you a general distance to the moon and show in some way where other things are
    Maybe as little red and green dots. Furthermore, what it getting to the moon engaged a sequence of you land on the moon and taking a break/regaing fuel and repairs? As for the story what of it started on pluto and your mission was to get back to Earth..that would make for a better story give the players a sense of purpose and a goal to reach. Not that it has to be exactly like that just trying to show you ways that you can improve the game.

Oh and the title is kind of not that good IMO, I suggest changing it...

Well, I guess that's pretty much it... I've taken your game and tried to add on and fix things. I'm basing this off of the kind of iOS games that not only I love but the ones everyone do. Hopefully by applying everything I said and more along with what you already have you can make this one of those games. I wish you the best of luck in improving your game, I hope I've given you enough to get this game where you want it to be. Even if you don't like some of my ideas I hope you atleast can get your brain thinking and come up with something to be proud of and something everyone can enjoy.

Thank you for allowing me to give my imput. I had alot of fun and will continue to help If you ever need it.

Good Luck.

9. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Liked and left feedback as Quincy jones

10. pahkyou

pahkyou Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Liked and feedbacked on FB as Little LyZah.

11. Liked and left feedback as Tony Leung.

12. liquidmutiny

liquidmutiny Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2009
    #12 liquidmutiny, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
    I like your feedback idea.

Just taking it one step further. Jump in.

13. Tonyzorz

Tonyzorz Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2011
    South Korea
    Left a comment as Taewon Yoon

I will rewrite the post I made at facebook.

Well made game, very motivating to keep on playing because you could see the upgrade effect right away. Even a little extra upgrade makes a difference. View things I found a bit annoying through out the game were few. When I pressed play, I expected some kind of different menu to pop out, some kind of an intro but went straight to playing. Another one is that I didn't know where to upgrade my rocket, found out that the updates button was the upgrade button. Other then this, I found the game very addicting.

14. nerdherd

nerdherd Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    Liked as Daniel Chang on Facebook and leave feed back.
    Reviewed as nerd_herd1 on US app store.:)

15. Bartow

Bartow Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Since i have no facebook.
    Reviewed as bartow7 on US app store

16. AlfaApps

AlfaApps Member

Jul 30, 2012
    The contest finished!

17. AlfaApps

AlfaApps Member

Jul 30, 2012
    #17 AlfaApps, Aug 5, 2012
    First of all, thanks for your review. You’ve mentioned the problem with tilting. I wonder if you tried to upgrade the maneuverability? Do you think this problem stays even after the upgrade? Or did you mean that tilting should be better at launch, even without the upgrade? Could you also give the examples of the games that have this 3 step reward system you were talking about.

18. Thanks for contest. Got my GC!

19. EfratBarTal

EfratBarTal Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Female
    CEO
    Tel-Aviv
    Thank you, received my card!

20. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    #20 Darth Ronfar, Aug 5, 2012
    Well, this trend started with Tiny wings(kind of) then Jetpack Joyride(I believe) now it's in alot of games - Temple run, Sketch man, ski safari, left2die, Capt. Antartica, Extinction Squad, Subway Surfer etc...

The deal is there is 3(or more) mini-quests that you try to accomplish while you are playing the regular game. For example

1. Fly to the moon without hitting anything
    2. Hit 3 speed boosts in a row
    3. Fly a total distance of 20,000 m(just uses for an example the # isn't important)

After you complete one of these tasks you earn coins usually, but it could be anything.. Then another quest pops up to take its place. Then it keeps going on and on. Some missions need to be finished in one game(run) while others are an accumulative amount over all your games.(tries whatever)Player can finish multiple missions in one go. That's pretty much all I can think of to explain it. Implementing this gives the player stuff to do while playing the main game and it becomes very addictive.

The tilt feels more like set turns that's you can only move in only certain angles. Like you can only go right, up,left with 3 Or 4 angles between. You should be able to move in any direction free flowing. It should feel like the game was made allowing complete movement with the acceleramotor, not like it was added on as a way to control it when you could just use simple buttons.

Best way I guess to explain what I mean is you should be able to curve and make S shape movement and not zigzag.

And the upgrades do help out a bit, but still isn't really the point I guess.. You should able to curve around objects not just move barely out the way.

Also I'd consider making the upgrades a bit harder to get as it gets to easy once you have enough boosters on their etc...

Also the boost should drain more rapidly while the regular slower(or barely an

this game it remided me exactly of a game I just played. Capt. Antartica, if you can get the game playing like that, then you'll have something