Universal Leap On! - Flying Pants Games and Noodlecake

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Ryan_Noodle, Jul 19, 2017.

1. FiloMJ

FiloMJ Well-Known Member

May 16, 2015
    Male
  2. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm loving this one. I think has a Tilt to Live vibe. Not the gameplay, so much, but just the way it looks and feels. IDK, maybe I'm weird, but I'm digging this game!

3. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Andy is on the game and he past me on the Leaderboard ha ha, great Andy, glad to see you on a Leaderboard again, hope you like the game as much as I do.

Played almost 6 hours in it's 24 hours of release, so I can say it's pretty addictive he he.

4. TempleRacer

TempleRacer Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Digging it. Well done!

5. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    I'm over in Android-land, and there's an issue with screen overlays. I use Twilight, which does what Night Shift (or whatever it's called on iOS) does, and the game does not play at all with the screen overlay. Not a deal breaker, but annoying. Also, I figured that out after I deleted and reinstalled, and I can't seem to restore my No Ads purchase. So, help? Thanks!

6. jlanis86

jlanis86 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    #26 jlanis86, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
    Hey Jerutix - I'm Jonathan, the main developer of Leap On! Just wanted to pop in and say hello, and also we are aware of the issues with screen overlays on Android and will be coming out with a fix for that shortly. For the No Ads purchase - that *should* have been restored automatically. Do you still see the "No Ads" button on the bottom right corner of the main menu?

7. Jerutix

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    Hey Jonathan. I'm actually also Jonathan! I do still see the No Ads button on the bottom, and when I try to press it, it just says, Sorry, your purchase could not be completed. It knows something is wrong... Thanks!

8. jlanis86

jlanis86 Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2009
    That sucks! Can you try uninstalling the app, restarting your device, and then installing it again while making sure you have an active internet connection?

9. brianj22

brianj22 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2016
    Damn, Noodlecake is pumping out the jams lately. This game is incredibly fun and perfect for mobile. Harry Slater's review of this game made me decide to stop reading PG. Sure, reviews are essentially opinions but well, in this case, I find the "opinion" to be dead wrong.

10. brianj22

Dec 14, 2016
    This game is meth.

11. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    I agree this game is like a bad addiction. Loving it. It's like playing tether ball on a trampoline inside a pachinko machine! Fantastic #

12. Jean pierre

Jean pierre Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2017
    Simple gameplay yet effective !
    Excellent game.

13. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

These leaderboards blew up! I've put nearly 5 hours into Leap On! and I'm not stopping until I'm happy with my score. Here's my stats:

Attached Files:

14. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Can we get a description of what each powerup does?

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#35 Anotherkellydown, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
    I can list them but it would be a nice touch if the dev were to add a powerup description menu. :)

I'll just call them what I think they look like, lol.

• Explosion - sends projectiles in all directions, killing any enemies they hit

-probably the most common and one of the most useful powerups imo

• Bounce - gives you a quick altitude boost

-looks like a white orb with 3 lines coming up to it

• Plus Sign - temporary invincibility, except from the black hole sun

-I use this one quite often, pretty common

• Lightning Bolt - increases rotation speed & you can take a hit or two while it's activated

• Spiral - sucks in surrounding enemies

• Magnet - pulls white orbs towards you

• Star - automatically rotates you around killing all enemies in your path

-one of my favorites, especially when you start hitting other powerups during the spin.

@J.R. Jalapeno - I'm assuming you meant an in-game description, but this might help some newer players out. Let me know if I missed anything or messed anything up and I'll edit it. :)

16. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Hi!

Great game!

However, after the last update the game freeze and reboots the iPad after approximately 5 minutes of playing.

The app icon is also non responsive from the dock.

iPad Pro 2
    iOS 11 public beta 2

Pedroapan

17. brianj22

Dec 14, 2016
    iOS 11 beta might be your problem. Also probably for the best, this game is fentanyl laced heroin. There's no going back once you start playing.

18. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    This is perfect #. Thank you for taking the time to write all this out. Much appreciated #

19. Pedroapan

Pedroapan Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Too late. I already started. It worked fine before the last update. However I'm still on iOS 10 on my phone so I think I'll survive!

Pedroapan

20. J.R. Jalapeno

Oct 6, 2008
    Threes is my all time favorite IOS game ever released and this game rivals it. The more i play...the more addicted I get. Great visuals. One handed simple play.... IAP for no ads. High score chaser..... Quick play sessions.

Exactly what a phone game should be.

I just love it.