Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Any complex (action) game for iOS should really have fully moveable and possibly resizeable UI elements.

2. ZureaL

ZureaL Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2009
    I have difficulty reading the text on my 6S. I've got 20/40 vision and can usually read things closer fairly well, but I struggle terribly trying to read the small text boxes. Gameplay itself isn't horrible, but it's hard to discern the detail that I know this game has.

I would also like to second (or eleventh or whatever) the 'please respect the silent mode' on the device.

3. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Come in here to throw in my opinion like everybody else.

1) great game. And I'm not a shooter fan at all.
    2) text is too small for comfort on 6+ for me but thanks for bringing us this game anyway. I don't have superb vision so take that as you will. I use the iOS zoom button and just position it down I the bottom right of the screen, and use it to zoom in on upgrade text etc to make it more comfortable. It's workable. Will drain battery a bit faster doing that.
    3) Man this game may need a pause as soon as it detects you've left the app. Just got a call in the heat of a battle. Took the call, then jumped back in and wham! It's action time straight away!
    4) once again, great game.

4. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Have a feeling I'm never going to unlock the 4th character, I completely suck at Mukai with the close range combat. I feel like I'll be lucky when I complete my first mission let alone seven missions.

Wish there was another way to unlock -- maybe even via an IAP.

Contrary to others, I actually still like the initial character, Aeon, the most.

5. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    Loving the game on my iPhone 6s+, looks and plays amazing. I do wish I could adjust the sensitivity though but that's really my only complaint so far after about 6 hours of playing. Well done.

6. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    anthony, dont hold the attack button with mukai do short swipes. once i cleared some missions and upgraded my abilities she was a killing machine with longer ranged attacks. it took me quite awhile to unlock the 4th character but trust me he is the best by far and is totally worth it! just stick with it because i felt the same way you did.

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I've got it and started playing on iphone, however I feel that it was too small to my taste. Gonna stick to iPad.

8. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I took the plunge. Don't regret the purchase. This game has all the right elements, from the customization to the cyberpunk theme to the combat, I love it. To the developers, if it's feasible please consider making it more zoomed in for those of us with phones. I can sort of tell this game has great details and visuals, but I can't really see or enjoy them. Everything is honestly pretty tiny.

9. pizzapoke

pizzapoke Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Reading the text on my 6 isn't as bad as I thought it would be. A zoom function would be nice, but, at least for me, isn't needed. Great game too.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I thought this.

Then I cracked him.

And he's currently the only person I've beaten level 3 *and* level four with. His shield gives him a starting advantage; get the right glyph, and he's properly fearsome.

Part of the beauty of this game is, IMO, the very different play styles required of the four characters; and the effect that randomisation has on every character build.

Pretty much haven't put this down since yesterday evening - first time I can remember that happening with a game since Borderlands (the original) arrived on Mac.

Lead contender for GOTY, IMO. Will have to be something truly tremendous to beat it.

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks guys! I definitely was playing her wrong. The swiping really helped and now I've got 5 missions under my belt. Just two more for the final character unlock!

This game is truly amazing and incredibly addictive. Had gotten Skyfish but have barely touched it.

12. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Finally had a chance to download and play this after seeing all the praise, and holy shnykees this game is fantastic. I also haven't put this down yet! Well, gotta get back to it.

13. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I agree with most that it's an excellent dual-stick shooter. The graphics are gorgeous and the overall gameplay mechanics are really slick. I don't have any issues with the sensitivity, mainly because a lot of the similar games I've played are too loose causing my finders to slide off the screen. My only gripe is not being able to properly select the ability bubbles at the bottom of the screen because they're extremely small to press. It does seem that the primary consideration was given to the iPad in terms of the UI, but it's still very playable on my iPhone 6s Plus. Lastly, I think it'd be cool to be able to see a description of the items you purchase from the stores prior to buying them, but I suppose over time, you'll learn what they do just by trying them out. Thanks devs for bringing this to iOS.

14. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Rasimov is mine! He's very different to the others, with his own complex upgrade system, and a sort of firing/melee cross-over style. I'm looking forward to us becoming friends. God, this is so much smoother than on my decrepit PC/huge grey brick.

15. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Oh wow, I just realised you can teleport out of the level back to the card pyramid after beatifng the Guardian, rather than moving straight on. That's especially useful for RADimov, as you use health to buy things, so you can effectively spend the health the Guardian, or any other cards, dropped. (That's another thing I didn't realise until this morning- you can revisit old cards to pick up health).

16. ch4n_the_man

ch4n_the_man Member

Jun 2, 2012
    iCloud support?

If i delete this game will it erase all my data??

17. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Kind of just started this but the left stick is super sensative any way to fix that?

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yes, it does.. Good for re-rolling at least, should you get off to a weird start..

19. brerlappin

brerlappin Well-Known Member

Feb 10, 2009
    Does the game have subtitles?

20. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Yes, it does.