Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just posted I have diabetic eyes and I have an IPhone 6 and have no problems reading the text. Go for it! You will love this game!

Billy

2. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    All four characters are unique, just starting on Rasimov. I think I'm going to find him the hardest to get a handle on.

3. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    At this point a few people have expressed their opinion as to whether the screen of the iPhone 6 or even the 6+ is to small to enjoy this game and it just seems subjective. I might take a chance and just get it for my 6. It's pretty tempting.

4. pizzapoke

pizzapoke Member

Jan 17, 2013
    I think I'm gonna go for it and give it a try, I'll post my impressions if anyone cares.

5. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I play on the 6, it's fine. The text is a bit tiny but you don't need to really read anything. Some cards have words on them which you can read by bringing your phone closer to your face. Other than that, 99% of the game is perfect in the iPhone.

It could use a bit of zoom but it's a mechanically sound game that it really doesn't bother me much.

6. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Top quality controls. Visuals. Deep skill trees. Deep glyph skill mechanics. Randomized rewards and cards. Top quality levels, enemy variation, and voice overs.

Beautifully unique Intro stories per character. Wonderful mini cut scenes at the end of each level. Hundreds of missions, objectives and goodies.

So many mechanics. Reveal guardian specials, shops, upgrades, trees, glyphs, glyph effects, glyph upgrades as well as health and mana upgrades. Insane depth to these trees and upgrades.

Just looking at screenshots will not net you an idea of the game other than twin stick.

It's a masterpiece.

I have an iPhone 6 and definitely recommend it. I'm sure the small text will be addressed soon.

7. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    Um...what's NecroDancer?

8. Citronaut

Citronaut Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Really hope to see full Mfi controller support at some point. Dual stick games just beg for it!

9. Pagan Fox

Pagan Fox Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2012
    This game looks to good to be true......I'm taking the plunge based on the reviews here and it getting GOTW.
    There goes my weekend....!

10. pizzapoke

pizzapoke Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Crypt of the Necrodancer. It's a rhythm based roguelike that came out on ios a while ago.

11. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
  12. yourtax

yourtax Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Just stared playing this literally 20 minutes ago and having fun. Question to anyone who can answer. What does the lighting bolt with the number next to it and the triangle shape on top of my health bar represent, thnx in advance.

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    If you are intending on playing this on an iphone 6S or another device with the same screen size/resolution, I would recommend you not to purchase this. The gui elements, characters, and enemies are absurdly small. This seems made for an ipad.

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Having no problem on my SE. It's all small, yes, but super crisp. And wow, this game is craaaazy good! All elements just click. The 90s vibe, the randomization, presentation is old school but fantastic, level of difficulty is perfect. I'm having such a blast, hard to put away. Best iOS twin stick shooter in a very long time!

15. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    Lightning bolt is used to power your glyph and shadow walk when you use up your charges. Triangle is a currency to buy things or to be used as a continue when you die.

16. Finandir

Finandir Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 7, 2010
    #156 Finandir, Aug 20, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2016
    Thanks for the info on the lack of MFi support. Add me as another person that will purchase when that is added to the game. I play on the 12.9" iPad Pro and just find that on-screen joysticks seldom work well for me.

If I don't see it added to iOS, then maybe it will be on sale during the Steam holiday sale and I will purchase for PC gaming then (though I would prefer iOS for easy travel play).

17. yourtax

yourtax Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Much appreciated

18. dpedal1

dpedal1 New Member

Apr 22, 2014
    This^^^

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I think there should be an option to make the skills as buttons on one side of the screen. As a right handed person I don't really like reaching my hands over across the screen to tap the shadow skill on the left side. It'd be much easier if the activation buttons were all on one side of the screen.

20. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Absolutely loving the game. If I had just one suggestion though is if we could have the abilities tied to a button on the top of the screen instead of the larger area for each.

I think the controls in general work great but find my fingers wondering up into that area when moving and end up getting stuck in the heat of the moment. This leads to the vast majority of my deaths.

Just a thought.