Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is it stage-based like Wayward Souls?

2. Den Den

Den Den Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2014
    Played for half an hour, loving it so far. Can't wait till I can play more tonight. Which upgrades are permanent? The ones you earn when you die or the ones you can unlock and buy during your missions?

3. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    It has 6 levels and in each one you have to go through random cards/events/arenas. It has no level exploration like Wayward.
    Playing on iPad to answer your other question.
    And it has permadeath with some upgrades you unlock completing missions permanent but not the rest(skill tree)

4. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    So you pick a character and it puts you into the main stage (room) with 6 overall levels each level having a finishing boss (guardian).
    So you start level one by going to a table in the room.
    Screen loads a deck of cards and shuffles them out, ends up stacked face down in a pyramid shape with the top card face up.
    First card in this example/always(?) is a Combat card, a combat card can have 1 to 3 skulls across the top showing how hard it is. The number of skulls/difficulty also shows the number of rounds in the combat stage/card e.g. 1 skull = 1 round of mobs, 2 = 2 rounds etc.
    You select the card and you 'go inside it' and do 'the thing' that the card is - fight rounds of mobs, visit a shop card or upgrade skills in an upgrade card and so on.
    Resources, upgrades gained in that play and health persist within that play through. Side note, something that's cool is you can leave unused resources in cards/locations and come back when you need them e.g. health, it's a neat feature.

As you play through cards in the pyramid the ones below/next level down will open but only those connected to the card you just did. If you want a card on the bottom left of the pyramid you have to go down the left side set of cards.
    You get to the boss, kill him and you can go to the next (larger) level in the main room you started in, go to the table and the game shuffles a new deck of cards for level 2.

Each new game tasks you with two missions with each one being replaced when you complete one. Your character has permanent upgrades such as more firepower that are rewards for completing "..X number of missions" on the main character screen.
    This is the same for unlocking other characters e.g. 8 missions complete in total to unlock the next.

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    It is! Absolutely! The eyeball makes perfect sense once you play. I'm sorry that you died. I guess I will have to find another candidate for the crucible of fate!

I want to punch him in his eyeball. Hehe

Billy

6. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I've played the first few levels and the thing that bothers me the most is the performance which is just not smooth - I'm running an iPad Pro 9.7 with iOS 9.3.2 and it should be better. Animations and movement are not great, it's not even close to 30 frames per second. Hopefully the gameplay is more inspiring as I dig deeper, so far it wasn't great either.

7. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks for the info! I don't know if it was asked before, but does it also support cloud save? If yes, I am buying right now. Lol

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    The replay value and randomness of this game alone make it worth the price and then some but then factor in how polished it is and this is a real gem
    Glad I got it and this is game of the week for me way better than Skyfish

9. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Hi Matt! Thanks for answering my question and now I can see there are 300 missions.

Still loving this game! If I can make a suggestion which Few people have mentioned this but it would be great to have iCloud synchronization so I can play it on my iPad Air and Pro (large screen is great for this game )! Thanks.

10. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Thanks!!!! Downloading as a type!

11. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Will buy if MFI is implimented

12. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Love this game. I have to agree, iCloud would be great for playing across iPhone and iPad. Things are a LITTLE tiny on my 6S Plus, with text being almost unreadable. If those could both be addressed, the game would be perfect!

13. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Wow. Imagine on my iphone 6. Lol

14. Kamakazie

Kamakazie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    Seems like a perfectly average game.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I'd like to second (or third/fourth/etc) the need for iCloud.

16. 22292

22292 New Member

Oct 8, 2015
    Game of the year material. Instabuy!

17. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I have diabetic eyes and an IPhone 6 and I'm not having any issue reading the text. It seems fine to me.

Billy

18. articulate

articulate Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    So I don't understand why this game is getting so many rave reviews. Especially "GOTY" claims.

It looks like a twin-stick arena shooter with perma-death and random levels and trees. People also seem to be unlocking characters really quickly. Is there more to this? Does the story progress slowly based on individual level of the characters and playthroughs?

I'm not trying to critique the game before even playing it, just wonder if there's real replayablity here and not something you're going to get bored of after two days. I also realise the game is a lot cheaper than it is on Steam, but I'm still on the fence.

19. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    For sure the game needs Zoom functionality for iPhone 6 Plus :C

20. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    If a zoom option is possible can it be applied to the iphone6 also? That's the only thing holding me back from making the purchase.