Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    You also need Apple TV in this case... :p

2. geoelectric

geoelectric Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I'm not fond of software sticks and would very much prefer to use my mfi controller too. I'm ok having to touch the screen to target powers, though would want to initiate them via buttons.

3. Mattosai

Mattosai Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    #83 Mattosai, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Hey how are you since Chaos rings III Lawliet ? #

Agree about the icon, don't like this eye (fits more eye of the beholder classics than a futuristic game imo) . well then on my side, i'm taking this one cause i like to play some cyber / futuristic games for a change (mostly playing classic rpg) and i have a good feeling about this one (and twin sticks are nice for some short play sessions anywhere)

4. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    The screen seems comfortable enough to play.
    But I personally find it a little hard to read the texts in game...

Devs? Please increase / change the fonts.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #85 L.Lawliet, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    Hey! Long time eh? CR3 is still awesome and I log in everyday :)

As for this game I just bought it and it took me an hour to actually get into it but now I love it. I think I was just not fond of the first character. Big Mo is waaay better for me personally. Btw a good set up with Big Mo is focus on decoy upgrades and then hopefully get the Alien Glyph attack. Basically I set down the decoy, they all rush to the decoy, then I set up an alien right next to the decoy which abducts up to 5 enemies. Get it early on and you can wipe all the easy levels really fast. In fact, once I ran out of my decoy/glyphs, that's when I died :\

I do have trouble generating mana on Big Mo. Probably needs certain sets of glyphs since I don't actually kill much with his decoy.

==

Also for some improvements obviously I think the iphone text should be bigger. It does look small. Also I feel like the camera is a bit wonky, it bounces odd as you move around and it's kinda awkward moving. Even when you go to the upgrade room, the camera slowly moves downward even if you character is stationary. Really strange camera imo that's the biggest pain for me.

==

Bugs: When I played Big Mo, his health bars and the special moves bars all disappeared. So I had to guess what was what. It was a bit difficult but I got used to it after 20 minutes.

6. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    In all fairness, quite a few action games have done so before Leap of Fate. But yeah, LoF seems to do so with particular gusto!

And isn't it great to game in an era where nearly every "this genre could impossibly work on mobile" sentiment has been thoroughly debunked? :)

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Thanks!

I am almost hitting the purchase button. Man, I need to save some money. This and Necrodancer are really tempting me.

8. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    The fonts and size are perfect on iPad Air 2. Haven't tried it on my iPhone yet.

9. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Loving this game and playing a lot since yesterday. I reached level 5 with Aeon and it was very exciting and hard because it was the first time.

MFI would be very appreciated but I got used to controls and now I feel are perfect. It's easy to do fast actions and cool. Thanks for this gem, we don't have too much action roguelikes on iOS

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Iphone or Ipad?

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    L.Lawliet
    I grabbed CRIII yesterday and it's so awesome don't know why I waited so long since I love RPGs and premium games but glad I did finally get it
    Downloading this one now as it looks like an easy win win
    Thanks for the impressions here everyone

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    um the icon for the game represents the game 100% if you play it for a bit you will understand why that icon of the eye is used.

13. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Fan of the game... Not so much the jerky control.... The movement has been my downfall a few times. Other then that game is great

14. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Grabbed this the minute it was available and been playing since. Everything is spot on. Back to playing but wanted to pile on my praise for this premium gem.

15. CrayonWarrior

CrayonWarrior Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 9, 2014
    Great southern land
    This game is incredible, unlocked 3 of the characters so far and they're all different with there own stories. Loving this game, 5 stars.

16. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Well Matt, I hope you change your mind on this, because that theory needs serious rethinking. MFi support may not be a necessity to you, but to a lot of players, it's a huge priority. You've already seen mixed reactions about the controls (see a few comments above mine), the more options the better, and you can't go wrong with a controller. Unless there's no option for one.

Buying now, with fingers crossed that enough will echo my words to make this a reality.

17. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    This game have sucked all my playing time from this and previous week's releases. Just awesome!!!!

18. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    sorry guys it may have been answered already. Is it a permadeath game?

19. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    It's permadeath for each "run" but you keep any upgrades you earn.

20. mzinn

mzinn Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2014
    I was lucky enough to be in the beta & am very pleased with all the tweaks & additions. Really enjoying it!!