Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    You add controller support, I add you a sale. Thank you very much.

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    What a wonderful treat. This is what mobile games should be. A full blown beautiful rogue like twin shooter with massive upgrading / skill trees / depth & levels.

3. Kepler

Kepler Member

Aug 6, 2009
    Is this impossible to play on an iPhone 5? If it just requires more patience due to long load times, etc, ill give it a go, but not if it's unplayable.

4. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    omg, finally unlocked the 4th character and he is by far the most fun and looks i believably awesome! loving this game and havent been able to put it down. great job devs ��

5. chronosz

May 24, 2016
    oops, unbelievably awesome i meant to say

6. JubJubBird

JubJubBird Active Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Fun game that unfortunately commits my biggest iOS pet peeve by ignoring the mute toggle switch. My primary game time is before bed lying next to my sleeping wife... So this has already gotten me into trouble :(.

7. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Did you miss your earphone?

8. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    This game is such a gem! The combat is a lot of fun. So far have only played 2 characters but I love the fact that there is a campaign that needs to be completed and that with each reincarnation you move closer to the goal. It is encouraging that games like this are still being released in the store.
    I know what people mean about movement being twitchy. I think the sensitivity simply takes a bit to get used to, but is ultimately not too bad. I haven't sampled most other releases this week but this can easily be a game of the week at least.

9. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    The only thing wrong with the game is mute does not work so for now use earphones if you need it muted or turn volume down on phone when you play muted simple workaround.

10. chronosz

May 24, 2016
    eugekava, for me the 3rd character was the hardest to play as and it took alot of tries to unlock the 4th but thats whats so awesome abkut the game and keeps me coming back for more. this game is so addictive with all the upgrades and action i cant even put in words!

11. lightasammo

lightasammo Active Member

Jun 7, 2016
    Initial thoughts on the game are great. My only issue so far on iOS 10 is that even on silent the game still makes sound. Other than that this is one of the better iOS games I've played in some time.

12. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    How simmilar is the game to Wayward Souls?

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Ummmmm.... There are a couple permanent upgrades like wayward souls and random environments and characters..... Ummmm permadeath like that game

I'm that game you find a forge and can kinda pick between a couple upgrades in this game there is randomly generated talent trees to pick from with tons of talents, hope that answers your question

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Yeah, this game is great! Reminds me of Hand of Fate (someone mentioned this before), but it has its own, unique style. The iOS pricing is ridiculous low, compared to Steam.

15. Grungebob

Grungebob Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2010
    GOTY for me right here.

16. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    Hey this is just something for the devs to think about. I am loving the game so far and am playing on a 5S. It runs great it's just a little hard to see somethings. Maybe a zoom feature? If not during the game that at least for the text. Especially when you meet the eyeball guy and he offers you the three upgrades, those are hard to read on the small screen. So a zoom both in game and in card screen would be great

17. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #77 L.Lawliet, Aug 19, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2016
    I honestly don't like it. I don't like things with dark backgrounds just because they usually blend in too much (for me) with the phone background since it favors lighter app icons.

However that's a small complaint, I actually just don't like the eyeball because I totally passed on this game until I read the front page of TA. The eyeball doesn't really represent what the game looks like to me as I couldn't really tell what it's referring to. I honestly thought it was a horror game so I glossed over it on the forums.

Edit:

I think I'm going to pick this up but does anyone know how much the final install size is? Looks like I need to clear space again :(

18. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    It's just under a gig.

Also, as soon as you fire up the game and play 5 minutes you'll realize the eyeball is a perfect representation of the game.

19. skoptic

skoptic Well-Known Member

Apr 3, 2015
    Ditto :)

20. erdiferik

erdiferik Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Ipads becomes too heavy on gaming marathons. So mfi controller support will be nice. Just like pc version.