Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    #41 Nekku, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
    I dont like it, personally. It's black because iOS doesnt support icon transparency and the Dev didnt care to add a proper background to it (in most cases).

2. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    this game is GOTY right now for me...its so damn good.

its a rouge like but using cards to choose your fate so to speak and you warp into the cards for some awesome
    dual stick action, but it also makes you think as approaching certain enemies differently you may find a dude with a shield you got to use a glyph power to knock it down, than you can either use your glyph powers and finish them off for mana which is the currency in game for shops and to upgrade your character. or if you are desperate and want to use your main attack it wont earn you mana unless its a boss. All the levels are randomly generated. Chances to spawn in a chest for mana and loot. The progression is awesome very much like Wayward Souls where you keep your skills but loose everything else.

I have never seen a game quite like this one and the polish is AAA right here.

masterpiece!

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Actually there's an upgrade that lets you earn mana using your regular attacks. I chose it during one of the upgrade moments!

Billy

4. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    Does this game have mfi support

5. Carabak

Carabak Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2015
    Blimey this game is so good on so many levels. Insanely difficult (maybe just me?) but insanely addictive. Runs good on iPad Air though I had one crash during tutorial first time through- nothing since. Phew.

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    If the dev is on here, please fix the mute for when the phone is on silent. If the phone is on silent the game still plays sound and music.

7. Clever-Plays

Clever-Plays Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi guys, this is Matt from the Leap of Fate team.

Thanks to all for the great comments, it's really appreciated!

We're really hoping that you guys enjoy the game we've crafted. Leap of Fate was designed from the start to provide great playability on both PC and mobile, and to offer a very intense, skill-based experience. In particular, the challenge for the mobile version was to provide fluid and responsive controls that did not depend on small virtual buttons (which often cause misclicks), or on a static virtual stick (which stops working if your thumb moves too much). I hope you'll agree our controls allow fast-paced and precise gameplay. Adding a special targeting system for glyphs and shadow walk on top of the dual stick control scheme is also something we're quite proud of, and we believe adds a new dimension of control. Anyway, hope you like it! :)

To answer some of the questions:

- We currently do not support MFI controllers. In fact, we're surprised it does work partly. We may add that in a later patch if the demand is high enough, but know that the game was designed with touch controls in mind, so in theory, this is not a necessity.

- There is no iCloud sync, but that will probably be quite easy to rememdy

- An Android version? That will depend on how things go with the iOS version. We'll announce something at a later point in time.

- Yes, the game is available for PC on Steam.

Thanks again to all, and happy gaming
    Matt, and the Leap of Fate team

8. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    matt, i havent had this much fun and challenge in a long while. thanks for bringing this amazing game to ios and wish you the best in sales. premium games are few and far between i appreciate you making a game that you dont have to be constantly connected to the internet.

9. ttcool

ttcool Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2016
    Matt, this is an amazing game so far and not sure why it didn't get more press! Curious to know if there are only 10 mission so or are there more than 10? Thanks

10. Clever-Plays

Clever-Plays Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi ttcool,

If by "missions" you mean permanent upgrades, there are 10 per character on Normal difficulty, and then 3 more to unlock in Hard mode. Each permanent upgrade is unlocked by completing between 1 and 5 missions. There are around 300 missions total in the game. Hope that helps

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Been playing this since the moment anthony made this thread. I'm just gonna say one thing and then go back to playing, alright?

This is the NecroDancer of dual stick shooters.

That is all.

12. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I will reiterate what LordShad0wz said 200%.. If every game released were of this quality, I'd probably have a heart attack and not be able to play any of them! Just an awesome game!

13. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    It's funny because you hear a lot of Devs day they can't bring their game to phones because bullet hells or quick pace games they say need pinpoint controls that just wouldn't work. Then these guys go ahead and shatter that way of thinking! =D beautiful port

14. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I'm not sure though, I find myself having to draw my thumb back when running. As if the character is heavier than the stick, if that makes sense.
    Or...maybe I'm doing it wrong :D

15. masidonion

masidonion New Member

Dec 11, 2015
    Excited to purchase! Quick question: are the levels procedural or the same everytime ?

16. AppWhore

AppWhore Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    They seem random but samey, if that makes sense and increase in difficulty.
    I've also realised the cards you pick need to form a path to the guardian/end of level boss... "Why can't I go to the boss?!....oh right.."

Other than the sluggish (for me) left stick it's a lot of fun.

17. Mookmonster

Mookmonster Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Only 1 problem: font on iphone 5s almost unreadable, big headache when i tey (literally). Otherwise, performance is excellent! Cheers!

18. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    In a crazy week of awesome releases, this is my favourite one. Maybe I just love dual stick shooters, I don't know. But this game is amazing.

19. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I just went and purchased it on Steam as well!

Thank you for coming here and taking time out to interact with us! We do appreciate it!

Billy

20. ashmike3

ashmike3 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2014
    Good posts by some of my trusted members. I'm in, love a good dual stick. Bought