Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    It's a hardcore game with casual control.

For a casual player you still worth to buy it and give it a try. This is a hard game that can give you enjoyable gameplay.

2. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    So I lost all of the progress today after a crash. Is there anyone with the same problem? I've contacted the support via bug reporting already. Would restoring from iCloud work?

3. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    I have just discovered this combo, with mukai. Completed all cards in all (normal) levels in 45 mins, and got a new high score.

She just trashes anything that gets near her! L2 & 3, wasn't unusual for me to clear out a one-skull card without really seeing what I was up against.

So overpowered that I even bought (and chose not to use) homunculus :D

4. GR3NADE

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #344 GR3NADE, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    I keep losing most of my health with mukai by hitting explosive (red) obstacles, mostly when running away from enemies. Any tips for this other that the no damage from traps upgrade?

5. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    GR3NADE
    Have you recovered your game save?

6. GR3NADE

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    Yes, the restore from iCloud did work, it was just 1,5 days ago.

7. GR3NADE

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    #347 GR3NADE, Sep 5, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    There is an achievement for completing the game with 7 keys, 7 energy cells and 1,500 mana. I think it needs to be changed a little bit. In the 6th level I didn't use my basic attack at all and it took less than 10 seconds to kill both bosses. #

[​IMG]

8. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    I just finish level 6 with Big Mo in normal mode.
    The two Guardian is not hard to beat them.

9. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Icloud save is sorely missed. At the vey least we should be able to move saves between devices from itunes.

Great game, though.

10. Roxton

Roxton Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 30, 2015
    #350 Roxton, Oct 16, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    I've really enjoyed this game. Beat it on hard with Mukai.
    Just as I beat the level 6 guardian with Rasimov on hard, the game crashed, and now it restores with a black screen.

If you know any tips for getting the game to resume properly, let me know! But that's unlikely; this post is really just a lame attempt to achieve catharsis by kvetching. :rolleyes:

11. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Just seen this, thought Insta purchase as I love twin stick shooters, then saw no MFI, so will pass #

12. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    This game is tailor made for touch control.
    Very easy to control.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im all for MFi usually, but here, aiming skills will be impossible to implement, or be very difficult to translate to MFi.

14. Jackaluk

Jackaluk Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    #354 Jackaluk, Nov 13, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
    Thanks for your responses guys, I'll consider it, but even the dev said they would consider MFI support if there was demand and the PC version has full controller support! I've yet to play a game that is not massively enhanced by Playing with a controller!!

It's a vicious circle, need good games to encourage people to buy controllers. Devs want controllers out there so people will more likely buy there games if they have MFI support!!

15. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    Say again, this is a game designed with simple touch control, there is no need to play with controller.

16. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    IIRC, this game is ported from another platform with controller supported. So, wouldn't it be fair to ask for the same?

Moreover, there are many titles of which the developers said "controller support was not on the map", but in the end, controller is supported. The latest example is "Crashland".

My argument is rested. Thank you.

17. shodanng

Apr 2, 2009
    Many skill of the character need direct select a point to execute.
    I can say for such control mutitouch is better than real dual analog.

The game designed with touch control very early, even they demo the new designed touch control long time ago before Steam version release.

Actually this is not a lazy ported version. Just iOS version release later.

18. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    Don't get me wrong, I am not saying it is lazy port and I am not a person who asks for controller support should be on every action title (say Steamworld Heist).

But I really would love to see the addition.

I never doubt this is a good game, I would give it a shot some day.

19. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    This is a really interesting blog post from the developers on how they implemented controls across the different platforms. Controller support is something they never planned on adding but ended up adding it due to player requests. While they definitely came up with some clever solutions for a controller to deal with the specific mechanics of this game, I can't imagine ever wanting to actually play it with a controller due to the sacrifices they had to make. It almost makes it an entirely different game.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/MattieuBegin/20161003/282581/The_Challenges_of_Developing_for_PC_and_Mobile_Part_1_Controls.php

All that said, since they already have controllers figured out, it probably wouldn't hurt to add them to the iOS version at least as an option for those who wanted it.

20. currymutton

Oct 16, 2008
    It is always great to read from the other side of the hill. Thank you! Still looking forward to play it some day. (Backlog problem, my bad)