Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Finally. I finally unlocked Rasimov. Damn this game is tough.

2. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Got a mission need one shot 15 creatures in level 5.
    Does it mean one attack kill 15 creatures or kill 15 creatures in one combat card?

I am Magic III is very strong.

3. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    It means kill fifteen creatures separately or together or both with a single hit. If you have to attack them twice it won't count toward the tally.

4. shodanng

shodanng Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2009
    Thx, I got it now.

5. Warriv

Warriv Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 21, 2015
    Portugal
    I have this too. Just lost a game with Rasimov in hard, it crashed just as I entered the portal to the 6th level. I was having the most amazing run as well, now when I resume the game, all I see is black. I can hear the game running in the background, and I've even managed to blindly enter a card, but to no avail.

Anyway, this game is definitely a GOTY contender for me, the dark atmosphere and tough gameplay kind of reminds me of the first Diablo. Here's hoping to further content, be it a new game, update, or dlc, whatever, I just want more:)

6. subgenius

subgenius Well-Known Member

May 30, 2014
    For sure, one of the best games I've played this year as well. I'll happily pay whatever they ask for more characters and levels.

Just finished hard mode for Big Mo, but I managed I am magic level 3 and elite prigledge, so it really felt like cheating. This combo may need to be toned down a bit... but I suppose it does take some skill to stay at full health when things get hectic.

7. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Don't say "toned down". :) This glyph is one of very few that can make a difference. To be able to level it to gold plus get glyph damage increase is very rare. To be honest I don't even pick up some glyphs when I unlock them. Telekinetic push is all but useless, so is the alien, revolvers and most others. I think it is a matter of skill to ensure that the I am Magic charges are not wasted, because you can start the next cycle before the previous one is finished. You also need to get away quck when the cycle is done, otherwise you get wiped out in melee. So, yeah, I think of the powerful glyphs as a reward for all those other times when we got a really bad one.

8. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    Hah, true enough. In all my sessions (and now finishing hard with 3 characters) this is the first time I've gotten that glyph to level 3. I really don't think it's the glyph that's the problem, its the interaction between it and the "Elite Privledge" attack bonus. The aura damage is huge and being invincible during the "I am magic" duration means you can blast everything off the board without trying as long as you don't take any hits when the glyph isn't running. I'd imagine using it with Mukai would be even more abusive as her free one it per level shield makes even the occasional slip up forgivable.

9. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I see, yes. I know what you mean then. That is a powerful combo. Still, we deserve it.

10. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    Deserve it? Hmmmm, not sure about that one but I do agree it is useful. My problem with a combo that strong is it completely negates the rest of the ability set for each character. You can beat the game with any of the 4 heroes trivially once you get it running, so personally I'll try to avoid it in the future.

Don't write off some of the other glyphs so quckly either! I've had huge success with alien abduction and the bait dummy. Once you get to level 3 it will take away an unlimited number of enemies, so you can bait a bunch in and take out a lot of even high HP baddies with one glyph charge.

Telekenitic push though... yeah, that one gets left behind at the altar.

11. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    He's just being a privileged elite #

Yes I hate the push ability.

12. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    One thing I'd like to see if there ever is an expansion of the game is more diversity in environments.

Maybe I haven't gotten far enough with any character but the tutorial even had levels where you jump from building to building. So I was surprised to see that isn't integrated with the actual gameplay -- unless it does indeed come into play later in the game.

13. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    The cross one that shoots in four directions I find horrible and the telekinetic shot I find bad too

14. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    I love the look of this and the rogue like element but I'm a pretty casual gamer, would you guys say it's too intense/fade paced or hard for a gal like me?

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    I would say it's very challenging. There are a lot of elements you have to pay close attention to during combat and death comes easily. It's not unfair or unbalanced just hard. And yes it is pretty fast paced. In combat all enemies within a fairly large radius will immediately start hunting you down and attacking. You have to be on guard and ready pretty much the whole time, except between waves. Then you can breath and get your bearings. The games is unbelievably fun though.

16. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I do use the push glyph in level 3

17. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    Can you beat the game with it?

18. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I beat the game without any glyph once, but this doesn't answer your question. I always want some specific upgrades for level 3, like bullet reflecting aura. If I don't have any of those updates, this glyph can help a lot. Enemies in level 3 fire many projectiles that even pass obstacles or are shot after death in all directions and they don't have too much health.

While playing as Big Mo, I had the glyph that makes bullet reflecting fence (and enhances your basic attack when shooting through it). It was VERY powerful. The bronze glyph lasts for a very short while, but it gets better with silver. You have enough charges to maintain it.

19. subgenius

May 30, 2014
    Particularly with Big Mo (and to a lesser extent Rasimov) I agree it doesn't matter terribly what glyph you use if you're trying to make it through on hard. With the right attack upgrades they can still power through just by themselves with their basic attacks. To a lesser degree with Mukai, but things get risky with that range limitation.

Now to start hard mode with Aeon... this might require a little more glyph luck than the others.

20. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Actually the cross is not too bad on silver. It shoots twice instead of just once. Not good enough to win with but still... Not sure what gold upgrade does.