Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Darklloyd777

Darklloyd777 Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    I hate this game. I was playing as aeon and I was fighting a shtty air plain guardian with OP homing missiles in the fourth level. I managed to kill him it but his homing missiles can aparantly kill after his death so I had to start all over. So much bullsht screw this game.

5/5 would buy again

2. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    had us fooled lol

3. davagorn

davagorn Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    One thing I didn't realize until a lot of playthroughs is that you don't have to exit the entire level when you beat a guardian. If you still have cards to battle/shop/upgrade, you can exit the usual way and come back to the golden exit circle later.

This applies to any card you've passed...you can go back to pickup loot whenever you want, even if the card is now in the "background."

4. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    For now you can try the zoom feature from the iPhone's settings menu. Obviously, it's not ideal but it's better than nothing.

5. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Omg the first paragraph I did not know. Thanks!

6. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    I'm surprised more people didn't know this. An essiential part of the game is saving health when they drop in early cards and coming back to said cards when you need them.
    For instance you can enter a shop, buy an item and leave and it will remain. The card will show a little symbol Reaseambling the item you can still retrieve.

7. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Davagorn was mostly if not totally talking about after beating the guardian. That part is not as obvious, as (though I'd need to confirm this), from memory once you beat the guardian in the combat, it doesn't give you the two press to exit thingy's, rather it gives you a yellow circle to completely check. At least I don't recall it being so obvious anyway.
    On the way along the tarot card tree however, it is intuitive and I did jump into an old card to grab health because I saw the icon, in my first play through.

8. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi

It actually does show the two return icons. I always thought it was obvious. But that doesn't mean anyone else is wrong for thinking otherwise. But yeah I usually beat the guardian right when I see the card, and then beat the rest of the level for health and or shops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. nkx

nkx Well-Known Member

May 9, 2015
    I finally beat the 6 rounds with big MO level 17. The golem glyph fully upgraded is the best!

10. Tonk Montana

Tonk Montana Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Ok. I am officially giving this my GOTY so far nod. There have been some pretty great releases but nothing has captivated my time and interest like this one.

I do have a soft-spot for dual sticks (started with Solomon's Keep...RIP) but this title is oozing with depth. So much to do, so many interesting choices to make, so much fun.

I hope devs are working on a sequel or even additional characters. Take my money already! ;)

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    I dunno since without MFi support (full or just in-game) this is just sitting and waiting in my Wish List

12. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    Do people really carry a controller around with them, all day long, for iOS gaming? I always thought the awesome thing about iOS gaming was portability.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess, but I don't think every developer can be expected to support controllers, since it's kind of a niche market.

It would be criminal to miss out on this game simply for that reason. The controls really ARE great. My Aeon has died many times, none of which I felt were because dude didn't go or shoot where I wanted him to.

13. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^Well said. I am one more likely to play at home on my work table than outside, so having an MFi controller is quite handy and useful for games that use them. Outside of the house it's touch controls all the way.

Good point on the "missing out" on this game if the only reason is the lack of MFi controller. I dont see their reasong too coz that just doesnt make sense gaming on the touchscreen and not buying games that dont have MFi support. It's like preventing touchscreen from being.

14. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Yes, I even have the original HORIpad added with a modified phone mount which clamps onto the controller so that I can play without separating the phone and the controller. Of course, there are controllers that come in with a mount at no extra cost.

There are even more variety of controller and let me introduce to you the site Afterpad

www.afterpad.com

Which as reviews of controllers and games, over a thousand and counting, which support MFi controller.

I think the only way I can made a developer to entertain me (more) is by my $$$. Enough said.

15. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The control of this game works great on touchscreen. I never lacked precision because of it, only due my lack ability.

16. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015

I total agree with you, but sometimes it's my lack of skill with touch controls that causes me problems. The touch controls here are very good. Very, very good. But physical controls allow tactile sensory input that touch controls just don't give you. There have been deaths in this game that I don't blame the controls for but I strongly feel would not have happened if I was using a controller just because I'm better with a controller.

17. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Completed as Rasimov at last! As you guys said, upgrading a good glyph, preferably an auto-fighter, really makes a run doable. Thanks, Homonculus. Now I'm off to sacrifice the world to Cthulhu!

18. Clever-Plays

Clever-Plays Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi everyone, this is Matt from the Leap of Fate team.

We're super excited to hear that so many of you are having a good time with our game. Thanks a lot for playing and supporting us!

To expand a bit on what I wrote earlier in this thread, yes we are planning to implement iCloud Sync, and we are going to investigate MFi controller support too.

However, we are a very small team, and we must concentrate on one thing at a time, which is currently the Android version. Contrary to Apple devices, Android devices have a huge variety of specs and hardware. It's proven quite difficult for us to do a proper QA and ensure that the game works smoothly on most devices. So we're going to keep working at that for a while. When it's done, we'll come back to the Apple version.

We'll keep you updated.
    Happy gaming
    Matt

19. Clever-Plays

Clever-Plays Member

Mar 31, 2014
    Hi, Matt again.

For those who requested MFi controller support, I have a question.

How do you envision the targeting system (shadow walk and glyphs) to work?

Are you expecting 1) to completely avoid any touch input, as if this was played on a console controller? Or 2) do you think that tap-targeting on screen for Shadow walk and glyphs would work, given that the trigger for those powers would be on buttons?

Do you think option 2) would be practical on iPad Pro, with the huge screens?

For us, option 2 feels like a better option, because targeting using sticks is a bit clumsy. If you have played the PC version using a controller, you must know that it requires a bit of finger gynmanstics to pull off. It does work, but the learning curve is a bit steep, and you do lose a bit of precision and reactivity.

What do you guys think?

Matt

20. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    I wasn't really feeling the desire to play another DS shooter (I say, as Space Marshalls 2 is released...), but after reading a pretty glowing write up I was pushed over the edge. Now, 2 days later, I'm having to remove yet another game from my GOTY list in order to make room for something that just came out.

I feel like I'm in premium gaming heaven.

Anyway... It took a minute to get comfortable with the controls, but if you got along fine with the dual-stick Halo games, you should get along fine here. There is the option to customize how high/low the boxes for activating your specials are on the screen, but nothing relating to sensitivity or anything.
    The upgrade system/Roguelike elements are all done perfectly (IMO, of course). Personally, I feel the balance between what you upgrade in-game that gets reset vs. what you can unlock permanently vs. the difficulty is fantastic.
    The differences between the characters as well as the different story lines is total cherry on top stuff. I didn't expect it when I got the game... So super psyched that the developers took development/coding/everything as far as they did. It's made Leap of Fate a real gem, and total standout within the genre (more so on the AppStore, I think...).
    And I didn't even touch on the graphics... =oP

Totally recommended if you can get on board with the Halo-esque touchiness of the controls/movement.