Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    The game has the wheel upgrades and then actual skill tree upgrades in the game. The skill tree is randomized each run. But each character has specific skills that can be permanently unlocked by completing missions and getting them via the wheel upgrade. I've completed all of Rasimovs missions and he has about 3 or 4 skills you can perma unlock. But as you progress through missions (Missions activate once you start a game and they'll be things such as "In level 1 collect 10 souls") the mission requirement level will increase. What that means is that, when you start it will have you complete missions in level 1 and level 2, but the more missions you beat, the missions will start being required in level 4,5,6.
    For instance, in order to beat Rasimov's wheel upgrades I had to beat the main campaign with him about 3 times to get all missions done.

So every time you play or reset your progress in a run, the mission requirement will change, but the level that's required will not.
    So it'll have me do different tasks in level 6 every time I play as Rasimov now.

Sorry if this is confusing. It's pretty complex to explain without actually writing about it for an hour.

2. mckaystites

mckaystites Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2014
    Derek Zoolander School For kids Who Want To Do Thi
    Also (I'm not using edit because this is a different instance)
    The skill tree is randomized each run. I've had the skill Dragon Jump be the first thing in the skill tree and the last. Even if you beat the level it will be randomized.
    The skills from the skill tree that you can unlock with the wheel, are nothing special and are mainly small things to help with your runs in the future. But upgrades such as Speed, Damage, and Soul Collection rate are also on the wheel.
    (Btw Souls are what Rasimov's character uses in replacement of the purple orbs that other characters use. Instead of paying with orbs, Rasimov sacrifices health to upgrade, unlock, and buy)

Hope I could help :)

3. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    That's great. Thanks a lot.

4. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    This is correct as far as I can tell.

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yup... Tree sequences rotate, but there are some that always go along the same branch with other specific skills.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I got comfortable playing on iphone 6. Not as bad as my first impression. Icloud would be lovely, though, to change devices.

Awesome game! Very cool.

7. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    My gosh this game is so fun and addictive! Finally made it to level 6 w Mukai, she is so fun to play! So far, upgraded turret glyph has carried me.

8. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Minor gripe if the devs are reading (no indication so far??).
    If we are able to go back and get health orbs on tarrot cards that we've completed for each level tree while progressing on the tree, then perhaps we should be able to when we defeat the guardian before we exit the entire level and progress to the next level? Or at least in that very guardian mission of health orbs drop and we haven't taken them yet, then have a message prompt if we ACCIDENTALLY step on the yellow end mission marker. I accidentally just stepped on it after I had defeated the guardian (signalling end of the level), but had two health lost, while also had two health orbs available from that combat....started the next level down 2 health when surely I would've gathered up the orbs if I didn't accidentally step on the mission end.
    Obviously not a big one, and more for comfort than anything.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It takes 5 seconds to completely trigger the End Mission marker, and there is an indicator for it, so im not sure how you accidentally stand on it for 5 seconds when you can move out of it easily. :D

10. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Touché. Does too. Wasn't paying attention and ip6+ so not ideal UI size conditions. Anyway that should be enough then. They've thought of everything!

11. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Why no mfi ....

12. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im guessing the skills will be very difficult to aim properly with the MFi controller. That said, it would be cool if the devs can implement MFi controls with a decent skill-aiming system. Maybe a pointer icon would work considering the game slows down when you tap on an ability icon.

13. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Do the controls work well on small devices (5s) too?

14. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    I wonder if the pc version supports it already?

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    The game has full controller support on steam so they must have something that addresses this.

16. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    The control, I think yes. The UI, not so much, I guess.

17. Chq

Chq Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2013
    If Doom would have too small text, Doom would be amazing nevertheless. Is this compareable?

18. Skall

Skall Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2009
    Hopefully they will add it on ios soon. I dont think there is any need of r3 or L3 in this kind of game.

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Ah... Sounds good. Then hopefully those get added into the iOS version, coz this game is hogging my iOS time, and using an MFi controller would be fantastic.

20. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I only wish there was any kind of zoom for iphone. Much better playing on iPad at moment. Also, icloud save.

Despite that, as amazing game all around and def GOTY material.