Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Fantastic game! I wish I had an ipad to play it on, but iPhone will work for now. Good stuff devs.

2. coccodrillo

coccodrillo Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2012
    Usually I don't like those kind of games.
    Bought it anyways.

I'm desperately addicted..

3. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Fun game, although I am just getting the hang of it. Shadow walking definitely is better when you can line up on the diagonal. Top to botton is such a short distance - wish there was a way to slide the screen to get a longer distance.

For other newbs - I discovered that any card turned face up is playable. I thought that if a card face up was "under" another face up card, only the topmost card could be used. Not true.

4. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    I'm stuck on the iPhone too. I've tried it on my little boy's iPad and I'm just jealous. I'm ok playing it on the iPhone, it just feels a little less immersive.

5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I hope they add iCloud support so we can play on other devices or if we need to save space (it's quite a big game!). I was actually quite surprised this game didn't come with it since it looks like one of the games that would.

6. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I thought the same thing. This helps!

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I just finished the main story in normal difficulty for Mukai, but im still lacking one mission completed to unlock hard mode. Maybe after i complete 1 more mission with her i will play the other characters first to unlock Mukai's other upgrade abilities before i try to tackle hard mode.

Im certainly certain this belongs to my top 5 GOTY 2016 now, just need to play more to see how this will rank in the end.

8. Ophelius

Ophelius Member

May 19, 2016
    Just complete Aeon normal mode, all unlock. I managed to acquire a kick ass golden glyph early, got a increase glyph attack perk, plus fully upgraded my shadow walk skill tree.
    Overall I must say I'm pretty lucky. At stage 6 all I do is jumping around while my golden torrent take care of thing and yet I still die once and got to restart. Don't think I can survive Hard Mode though, without luck with your skill tree it seem impossible.
    Have to admit I haven't feel so damn satisfied after beating a game like this for so long, the last time I remember is finish the good old Contra. Highly recommended this game

9. sparekarma

sparekarma Active Member

Like how the game does not handhold in the beginning, refreshing and adds to the total theme. Very cool gameplay and surprised battery holds up great after long gameplay (iPad Air 2), looking forward to unlocking the story lines.

10. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    30 minutes ago finished the normal mode with Big Mo. More than skill tree what helped me was silver Apocalypse Now glyph (3 charges). Shadow dragon jump helped as well but without that glyph I'd be toast. I know what you mean about satisfaction. It was like completing the original Diablo for the first time.
    What does the torrent glyph do? Does anyone know if the glyphs are the same for all the characters or if there are some that are character specific (apart from the ones they start with)?
    I started the hard mode and after five missions unlocked the first one of the three additional perks. I think I'll give Big Mo some rest and try Aeon next.

My only wish for this game is that the camera zoomed out a little when you activate the Shadow walk and the glyph. It is so hard to target the right area in the heat of battle. With some glyphs I often had to target the edge of the screen and have inadvertently activated the shadow walk so many times. Other than this and some very rare crashes I have nothing bad to say about this game.

11. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yeah i had a 5-charge golden Apocalypse Now glyph that carried me to complete normal mode the first time with Mukai.

12. Tulki

Tulki Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2014
    Has the developer announced official plans to implement iCloud? I know they left a comment saying it shouldn't be too hard... but wondering if it's actually slated for an update.

13. Duranki

Duranki Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2011
    I sure hope so. I think I'd like to start playing on my iPad more, but I've invested too much time on the iPhone to just start all over. Hope they make an official announcement soon!

14. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    You should try iMazing. It lets you transfer app data between devices. The trial version lets you use the back up and restore feature with no limitations. I use it and it works great for just backing up games and the restore is like magic.

15. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Apple has blocked access to (even more) parts of the file system in iOS 8.3, so iMazing can no longer access app-specific data (unless the app is File Sharing-enabled, in which case the data can be accessed via iTunes without iMazing).

This makes it all the more important for devs to provide iCloud backup/other export/backup function, or barring that iTunes File Sharing.

16. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Alright everybody, I need some help understanding which upgrades carry over after death. I know the stuff on the character detail page, that you have to complete missions to unlock, is all permanent. What about the skill trees? I've made some upgrades there that seem to be permanent but most of my skill tree upgrades disappear when I die. Am I just wrong about the upgrades I think have stayed or Am I missing something?

17. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    I believe permanent upgrades earned from completing missions can sometimes be the same as an upgrade earned through the skill trees. In those cases the shared skill will stay upgraded in the skill tree.

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I may be wrong about this, someone please correct me if I am.. But it seems that the skill tree is randomly generated after each run if you do not clear the level. If you do clear the level, then you get to keep that skill tree You've been working on. That said, I have not made it past level 2 to find out how things carry over from there.

19. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    IMazing still works on iOS 9.3.4 or what ever the new one is. I just used it about a week ago to transfer some game saves to another phone. It worked perfectly.

20. sobriquet

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    #240 sobriquet, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    This could be the case and was one of my two theories.

This was my other theory.

Still confused, but thanks for the answers guys.