Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. guzhenjie1

guzhenjie1 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2014
    Anyone one met this bug yet? I played as Rasimov and got a new glyph, then I tap the glyph button on the upper right corner in order to know how the new glyph works, my screen became black and I had to force close the game. This happened twice. I also found a golden mystery card with nothing, I not sure it is a bug or not.

2. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    It's not really that kind of game. Considering that it may take weeks just to completely unlock one character's skill tree, after which that one character gets a hard mode (which may be slightly softened by the fact that the last power you unlock is quite an epic one)...well, you might be looking at months and months, and still you probably won't have unlocked everything!

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im currently at about 4 hours, and i find it acceptable when i pay a buck for an hour's worth of gameplay. Right now im grinding to max out Mukai's starting skills (these are persistent on each playthrough) and i intend to max every character out, and finish their story lines out at least once each. So from this im pretty sure i will be spending a good amount of time. I expect about 10-20 hours to achieve that which is fantastic for the amount i paid for it.

I dont think this has been mentioned, but the progression system (character progression and stage progression alike) are somewhat similar to how it is in Wayward Souls, and that is a fantastic thing.

4. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Yep, I've played a few roguelikes that do have persistent upgrades through runs, but it definitely wouldn't work for this game.

After playing this on iPad I'm even more blown away, controls much more smoothly and looks great

5. GR3NADE

GR3NADE Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2011
    Czech republic
    I see this is somehow being compared to wayward souls. This game is awesome and I didn't like Wayward Souls. For those ones who are deciding. Also for those waiting for a controller support:

I decided not to buy this untill it has controller support, played the pc version and bought it. I do not expect the controller support now, becouse something is better to aim with taps on touchscreen.

6. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    Yes, I agree. I love Leap of Fate, and, over the years, was not been able to get into Wayward Souls... Makes me want to give WS another go around now to remind myself why I didn't get into it..

7. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Probably the main difference which is why you prefer one over the other is that one is manually aimed by "facing" targets, while the other is of a dual stick variety which does make aiming a bit smoother, and the 360-degree aiming works so well in most top-down realtime games.

8. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    Truthfully, I haven't once griped about the touch controls, and I'm all for controller support too. I'd still like to see it, but IMO the UI is top notch and the touch controls work very well. And to clarify, there's no tap controls, everything is based around having both thumbs on-screen most of the time, except when pulling off a special. Even then, the swipe controls on the special and simply tapping where you want to go/attack is just beautifully executed here. There's no reason to hold back, is all ;)

9. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Time slowing down when implementing special moves is unique to the IOS version, if memory serves. That must have been a real eureka moment for the devs when they implemented that scheme. Having played both, I find the touch-screen controls way more intuitive than waving around a mouse cursor.

10. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Just completed my first full play through, largely thanks to a level 3 Homunculus glyph. It's spectacular - just does all the fighting for you :D So spam one out, hide in a corner, and let the nana roll in!
    This, but also the unique styles required by different / randomised character builds bc of the options available. Give me bronze revolvers and no source of mana, and I'll be playing very differently to how I would with a decent glyph and a half tonne of ready income!

11. TywinTheVile

TywinTheVile Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2013
    That's a bummer. I'm playing on a 6S+ iOS 9.3.4 and it's smooth as silk! Easily a smooth 30FPS all the way for me. I absolutely love the gameplay and I usually don't like twin stick games. I have the game on PC and got it for mobile as well and love playing it anywhere I go.

12. olon97

olon97 Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2015
    I got an early glyph on the 3rd (melee) character that plopped down a turret for a while and went from rarely finishing level one to dying just a couple hits short of beating the level 3 guardian (with 4 missions complete on one run). Next run was back to normal...

So yeah, a good glyph can make a _huge_ difference...

13. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    #213 Quoad, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    I bought it on thurs afternoon. Played pretty much all evening. Played most of fri evening. Played an embarrassing amount yesterday. And went mountain climbing this morning, so've probably only put in an hour or two.

Nowhere near done yet, thumbs.

Edit:

fwiw, I think this is inaccurate. I unlocked hard mode for the melee goddess after completing all 6 levels with her.

(That said, I completed 8 missions and unlocked the full skill wheel at the same time... So, er. I might be mistaken. But I'm pretty sure the little coloured dots around "normal" mode represent how many levels you've completed with that char.

[​IMG]

I was happy with that run!)

14. senkoujin

senkoujin Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2013
    Thumbs Up

Easily the best POTY (Port of the Year)! I use two thumbs to play this game, and I praise this game with both pointed sky-high!! This game will remain on my device permanently!! Game runs as smooth as butter on my iPad Air 2 (iOS 8.xx). ^_^

Developers, thank you very much for porting this game to iOS!! :D

15. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    #215 chief78, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    @ Quoad - I'm 3 missions away from unlocking Big Mo's final upgrade and when I tap on hard mode, it tells me I have to clear 3 more missions, so I think it is once you unlock all of the character's permanent upgrades, then hard mode unlocks....but then that makes it seem weird to clear all 6 missions except for the score or conpletion aspect.

And thanks to those who corrected someone trying to correct...someone, and I love seeing written faceplants.

16. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I had this as well (black screen) on iPad mini 2. Annoying. At least the progress is not lost when this happens.

17. Quoad

Quoad Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2015
    Good grief.

Just pulled a "Cthulhu will eat your soul" challenge card in hard mode.

Sth like six rounds of seriously hardcore demons?!

But a reward of a glyph (L3 / gold crux quadrata), +1glyph use, +1 health, and goodness only knows what else a *huge* green chest.

Barely survived, using the melee goddess and homunculus l2. And a *lot* of energy cells!

18. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    #218 anthony78, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2016
    Thanks! Once I learned how to use the swiping with the melee character I knocked out the 7 missions pretty quickly. Now she's actually got the most missions completed of any of them.

I think I like every character in the game except the second one (who isn't bad - just not my fave).

I still have plenty to do and lots to unlock but can see me wanting to pay for an expansion with more characters, missions and environments. This game is so fantastic that I don't want it to ever end (not that there is an actual "ending" that I know of).

19. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Another one that's had this bug. Had it with the starting character. I think maybe it's part of tapping on the glyph information icon too quick after receiving the glyph. Don't know but that's what I had done.
    Did have to force close and come back but thankfully my game was almost completely up to date.

20. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    That's exactly what I've been thinking. There's so much more they could expand with...just a lot of options....fingers crossed!