Universal Leap of Fate (by Clever-Plays)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by anthony78, Aug 18, 2016.

1. loveslie

loveslie Member

May 21, 2013
    This is an amazing game. You can't really get the full experience on the iPhone 6 Plus and smaller. Really shines on IPad though....

2. shaun1998

shaun1998 New Member

Jun 30, 2016
    Damn this game is really good . Like how he jumps out of a card during the switch of stages . Good job devs!

3. Darklloyd777

Darklloyd777 Active Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Want me to google it for you?

4. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Another vote for MFi controller support. Necessary for a dual stick shooter in my opinion!

5. eugekava

eugekava Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    Dang it!!! It sure is hard getting to last level. I play as the cyborg. I found that the "Apocalypse now" glyph is the best. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every monster in the room, accept no substitutes.

6. ch4n_the_man

ch4n_the_man Member

Jun 2, 2012
    oh i deleted it cuz it was taking up too much space haha oh well

7. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Absolutely loving this so far, even on my small iPhone screen. I'll probably give it a try on iPad tomorrow, expecting it to be even better.

One question tho - what do you keep after dying? just the upgrades you unlock through missions?

8. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    #188 eugekava, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    Yes, I think that that is all you keep. I was annoyed at first, but then the game would be too easy otherwise. I think you also keep the runes that allow you to be revived. You also can share them between characters. Not sure if I am right though.

One other thing that amazed me was how different the characters are with very unique fighting techniques.

9. AlexanderHamilton

AlexanderHamilton Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Thanks! there aren't that many upgrades for each character so you're right, it'd be too easy if you kept them.

10. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I got the third girl finally! Played one card mission and got defeated almost instantly thinking she was a terrible character.

Tried again and now she's my favorite character. Tbh, her unique starter skills are pretty bland compared to the other characters but she makes up for that with her shield and normal attacks (which took some getting used to but turned out to be amazing). But I still do wish she had better starting skills, they're just really weak compared to how fast enemies become. You need to get them upgraded / replaced almost immediately.

11. eugekava

Jul 8, 2009
    Melbourne, Australia
    I agree, she is probably the most difficult character to master. The chained demon glyph is next to useless later in game as you don't have time to stick around an enemy while he is being drained. I must say though, the ability to deflect enemy projectiles, strike enemies through obstacles and general high damage done by her weapon make her such a fun character to play.

12. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Wow... This game is just amazing. Just unlocked the third character, and the game just oozes style and character. The macabre monster designs are some of the most unique i've seen as well, starting with Eyeball guy, and pretty much every other enemy. Some of the monster designs remind me of Shin Megami Tensei which has some of the best monster designs IMO. The way this game handles character growth and game progression is very enjoyable too, while posing a good amount of challenge that perfects the balance between being frustrating and enjoyable.

To be honest i ignored the game reading the title coz i thought it was more of a mistranslation rather than a play on words. A friend (you know who you are ;) )recommended it with a small review and man was i wrong to ignore it. This is now one of my favorite games and belongs to my GOTY despite having spent only about 2 hours into it. Amazing, amazing premium game right here.

13. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Finally got the last character unlocked and he's brilliant to play with. And I feel like there's so much more gameplay to go. Tons of upgrades still to be obtained and I haven't yet reached even the 4th level using any character.

Most definitely GoTY material and probably my leading contender ATM.

14. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    awesome, good job anthony! i knew you could do it ha ha. the 4th character is so incredibly fun to play as.

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Just got the 4th character too... This game is friggin awesome!

My favorite charcter is still Mukai though. i love the high damage melee attack.

16. sinagog

sinagog Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Another thing I've only just noticed is the new vids you unlock as you compete achievements (unlocked the alternative intro from Rasimov's perspective). They really pulled out all the stops to keep us from burning out, not that I feel I'm even remotely close to that happening yet.

17. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Same here, the last character is super interesting, but Mukai ist the most fun / rewarding to play! This game is so so so so good!

18. chronosz

chronosz Well-Known Member

May 24, 2016
    Congrats exact!

19. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #199 chief78, Aug 21, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2016
    That's where the concept of a rogue-like kicks in. Lose most of what you gained, but keep a small fragment as a token of encouragement to keep going, knowing that your character is getting incrementally stronger. I will say, the system implemented in this game is my favorite of all the rogue-likes.

To fully answer a Q a couple pages back, the only thing you keep between runs are the upgrades unlocked on the wheel at the character select screen. You automatically start with 2 keys, 1 energy, and 50 mana (and of course any skills you've already unlocked, if any). I hope that clarifies it for everyone.

And since EP gave this a GOTY nod, well, not gonna disagree with that ##

20. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    How many hours of total game play is in this game?