iPad League of Evil (v1.2 - Chapter 3)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 2, 2011.

1. kingofkings8183

kingofkings8183 Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2010
    Are there more enemy and obstacle types in the further levels in the full game than the first few levels in the lite version?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Just completely rip off SMB and the Jumper games. It's cheap but it'll be worth it.

3. Acidflameterror

Acidflameterror Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2010
    Student
    Yes there are a few more enemies and obstacles but there aren't that many changes

4. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    I'm Invisible!

I found a weird glitch on level 8!

Look! I'm invisible:

IMG_0581.png

IMG_0580.png

5. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    Oh, I forgot to mention that I found a bug in the lite version. The menu was stuck and would not go away when I chose to continue the game. Clicking restart did restart the level, but the menu remained open. When I exited to the main menu and restarted everything went back to normal.

One suggestion, add a menu option to easily go back to the level select screen instead of just the main menu.

Also, if you can speedup or condense the opening titles that would be nice too, as it takes a while to get to the game.

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah add those, and the Retry button should be closer to the d-pad, its too far away

7. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    ...who ripped off megaman, N, i wanna be the guy, super mario bros.....cmon. how you gonna lump SMB next to Jumper when they copied Jumper(it came out in like 2000-something)? lets not forget about Runman. you were looking for originality in the platform genre....:confused:? i love both of those games you mentioned, but neither of them were original.

8. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    Am I the only one having troubles with the controls? They initially seem tight enough, but when I try to run and jump in the same moment, the game lags and delays the action. I've played through the first 24 levels, but I haven't been able to continue with these laggy controls.

Why has no one else mentioned this yet?

I'm playing on an iPod 4G, btw.

I become completely infuriated every time I play this game, watching the character jump AFTER he's fallen past the platform and stood on the ground for a second. It's ridiculous.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I didn't say they were original. I said League of Evil should copy them because they're awesome.

10. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    I'm also on an iPod 4G but I'm not having any problems with lag... feels instant to me.

11. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I didn't know that SMB was the first platformer! "Frogs, an arcade game developed by UPL and published by Sega-Gremlin in 1978,was the first game to feature a jumping character, making it the genre's earliest ancestor." Wikipedia Platform History And I don't see SMB on iOS, so I don't care! Maybe if SMB was already on iOS you could say that.

I have had no problem with the controls. I don't know why you have had all those issues you mentioned.

12. nesio718

nesio718 Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2010
    getting paid....
    Sunny South FL!!
    i apologize great poster from London. i took your post in a negative context. youre right thought, they have at least 20 years of great platformers to pull from.

heres a short list of my wants for the developers:

-online leaderboards for each stage
    -gamecenter or something so i can challenge people
    -a way to race your best time in the form of a ghost, or race a friends
    -more stages
    -harder stages
    -longer stages (no reason for a ghost if the level is 6 seconds long)
    -more variation on things to kill (i can jump kick, give me something to jumpkick)
    -a way to get back to the level select menu without going back to the main screen
    -stat tracking(deaths, kills, jumps, time, stages passed without deaths, etc..)
    -more achievements to go along with all these requests.

-this request is more personal, but may improve the longevity of the game and give you a way to add achievements:

when you beat a level you get a star ranking and also if you got the briefcase you get the little symbol, but there is little incentive for anyone to do both in one run(since there's no penalty for returning back to the stage). can you change the level square to gold in the level select screen or give it some kind of shine for people who manage to 3star it and get the case in one run? It would allow you to add achievements for people like me who go back in a level to perfect the run.

I know its only been a day, but once i played the game and saw what COULD be, i started to want more. not everyone may agree with me or want what i want, thats fine. THESE ARE MY OPINIONS/WANTS PEOPLE:D!!

13. swishinj

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    If you replay the level and take longer than 3 stars to get the case, your stars are affected, and if you go back and go faster after getting the case, it shows your last run on the standings.

14. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    I have played this game for 30 mintues now and I have almost 3starred and briefcased everything.

I am right there with you.

I would love to see some longer levels or some scoring system for killing enemies.

Its cool that you have htis fun platformer with a highly mobil and deadly hero. But then the levels rarely last 30 seconds and I want to cry.

15. ZEROFACES

ZEROFACES Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2010
    Househusband & Musician.
    Ripbum, Canada (seriously)
    Hmm, the problem must be specific to my iPod. I've tried resetting my device but that didn't help. I really hope this gets addressed somehow, I really want to play but I literally can't! I run, then jump, and there's no problem. I press run & jump at the same time and the character stands there for a second before twitching into the air to catch up with my inputs.

*sigh...and until others have this problem, it won't be fixed and I'll never be able to play this game :(

16. swishinj

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    I don't know far you are, but if you're not to far, maybe if you uninstall and then reinstall the app it will be fixed.

17. lucrezio87

lucrezio87 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2010
    Italy
    bought this too

18. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Anyone know if there are any plans to add levels? Ending was hilarious, BTW.

19. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    the dev said that they are almost ready to submit an update with 25 additional free levels :)

20. coderkid

coderkid Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    NUUU WAY. YESH. In the mean time, I will be getting all the briefcases & best times.