iPad League of Evil (v1.2 - Chapter 3)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ImNoSuperMan, Feb 2, 2011.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh...

2. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    Montreal
    Nope, I believe it'll move up to $1.99 or $2.99.

3. GregB

GregB Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2009
    +1.

I didn't enjoy just trying to double or wall jump to get up to where the bad guys are.

4. scarypharaoh

scarypharaoh Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Medical Professional
    With Carmen Sandiego
    Great game. Love it!

It there any chance of adding in some sort of ghost racing multiplayer, I know that a few openfeint-enabled games have offered this in the past (like jet car stunts)? I think that would be a great way to increase the replayability in what is obviously a game made for speedrunning.
    Other than the addition of more levels, I cant say much more than this game is great fun!

5. Paco

Paco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Tried the Lite version, not impressed at all. Don't get me wrong, it looks nice and feels nice but it lacks of something, don't know how, feels kinda dull. Anyway I have a lot of games to play so I won't miss it! :)

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]

THAT... would freak'n ROCK!!!

7. Paco

Paco Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2011
    Are you kidding, right? right? Pizza boy is inmenselly enjoyable than this game, needless to say they are quite different from each other.
    Agree, it feels kinda dull.

I will stick to Miss Claire Garden and Pizza Boy (and SMB on PC) ;)

8. Osmiral

Osmiral Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    This game is awesome! The controls are great and its a fun pick up and play game!

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    WOOOO!!! So glad there's more MCG fans now!!!

But there's NO WAY this game would ever take Pizza Boy's place... it's alright... but it's more of a short burst type of game... (one I'll be playing on the ishter) =oP

10. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    agreed, the game is too empty.

11. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    def needs alot more levels, i know they are adding some in the next update but it really needs a whole hell of a lot more since they are all so short and beatable in less than a minute each. usually in 30 secs or less. i like the game i really do, but i dont think it has any staying power once you get over the initial thrill of having a game you were looking forward to releasing. but i do like it, i just think it needs about 400 levels.....not exagerating.

12. SteveWD40

SteveWD40 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Just adding an endless mode would help. I know it wouldn't be as hard / devious but a randomly generated level would be a good compromise.

That said, it's 59p and I can see it taking me a while to get 3 stars in all of them.

13. eev

eev Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2009
    Germany
    one solution would be adding leaderboards, for all levels together.

14. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    All the people who are not buying because the lie seemed too dull, maybe it's because the lite had levels from the first world. The next worlds are not as dull looking as the first one. So if you like the gameplay, give it another try! I would like to see atleast 125+ levels and some kind of multiplayer. I would love to see ghost multiplayer and lots of extra achievements!!

15. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    While I agree to an extent about the lack of levels and how quick you can complete them it isn't as bad as some make it out to be. Most of the levels in Cut the Rope were just as short. Either way more levels are needed. Also please increase their difficulty, I blew through these levels.

16. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #96 awp69, Feb 3, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
    I like this game, but do somehow feel like it's lacking something. As I've mentioned before in this thread, I'm not great at platforming games, but I even bit the bullet buying Super Meat Boy on the 360. And yes, I haven't gotten very far in SMB.

I can see some of the comparisons and don't think (at least so far) this is as difficult as SMB, but I'm having trouble getting into it. Even though I fail miserably at SMB, there's something complelling about it that brings me back to it anyway.

I'll keep playing this and see if grows on me.

17. DMProd

DMProd Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    I develop iPhone / iPod Touch / iPad / MacOSX game
    Los Angeles
    :) I like this game. I've been playing it all morning. The retro pixel art and 8-bit music are awesome!

I also have to say that the controls work well (on my iPhone 4) and it's not too difficult from the start which is nice.

18. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
  19. Serian

Serian Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2010
    After finishing the Lite version with all briefcases and three stars all I have to say is WOW! Excellent game. The controls work really well, although sometimes my fingers didn't find the buttons easily. The retro feel is great and the game reminds me a lot of Mega Man, Bionic Commando, and Strider (NES). The levels are pretty short in the Lite version, but still pretty fun. I hope that someday there is more of an adventure/action game made out of this.

20. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Oh ok! When does the sale end?