League of [Epic] Heroes coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lazypeon, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

#101 lazypeon, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah, I played for a few hours last night and I agree that the rune menu button is somewhat broken. In the latest build (the one I'll send out later today) I've moved the rune button to the bottom right bar. I also fixed the bug where selecting a potion sometimes made your character move to the tile 'underneath' the menu. I think these two fixes will really help address the issues people are facing.

EDIT: I did a mockup in Photoshop to show the new UI I am thinking about for the rune menu. With the current 'radial' design, it's hard to find room for the spell/rune info. I'm thinking this new design feels a little cleaner, and gives the information players need. What do you guys think better? I haven't implemented it yet, so you guys can help influence the design :)

Top: New, Bottom: Old

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Nice a new build just before I go traveling for a few days!

F.

3. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    Is there a new build yet?

4. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

Not yet. I plan on sending one out this evening (4-5 hours from now probably)

5. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    I like the new menu more than the radial.

6. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I like the detail but will it all minimize once I have to target an enemy with the chosen spell?

7. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Good point.

8. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

It will work exactly the same as it does now (selecting a rune minimizes/hides the casting interface).

9. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    I'd rather it on the top with the same menu

10. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    #110 Qurao, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
    I've got an idea for a third option. How about something like this:
    [​IMG]

When pressing the button with the lightning symbol on it, the character interface would change to the runes interface, and not change back until pressed again. This would eliminate screen clutter, and also make it easy use runes in quick succession of each other.

The box containing this might have to become a tiny bit larger, for this to work, though.

I just thought of something: if you get green from poison, shouldn't the enemies also turn green when poisoned?

11. trystero

trystero Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Damn... The beta for this started already??? Guess I missed the sign-up! :)

12. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

I actually thought of a similar design, but I didn't do it specifically because it wouldn't fit as-is on the current bottom bar. I could make it bigger I suppose. For the new build, I implemented the design I showed earlier. If that doesn't work out, I may try something like this.

Someone else also asked how much the game would cost. It's undecided, and I'm asking for feedback from testers on it as well. Based on similar games, I feel that $1.99 or $2.99 would be appropriate. It won't be less or more than that, for sure.

And lastly testers: please check your emails/PMs for the latest build :)

13. ncbf

ncbf Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    downloading the 3rd built, can't wait to tryout.
    Regarding the pricing, 2.99 will be great, not too high,neither it's low, once you got a nice amount of players, have a contest once in a while to win something, or have sale for it =)

14. ying123

ying123 Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Auditor
    Singapore
    Just tried the latest build and was satisfied with the new layout.
    The equipment screen bug is still around, but like previous build it only happened to me on my second play.

As for pricing I agree with ncbf. 2.99 is fair for its high replay value.

15. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    This keeps getting better and better. I'll write some more once I have the time.

Pricing: 2.99 sounds fair. I'd give 4.99 for it too, but I'm a sucker for this kind of games. :>

16. sk47z

sk47z Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    am trying the new build. nice and lovely!!
    but i'm still encountering moving my character when opening up the rune menu. not that frequent as before, once or twice throughout the play.

i got equipment bug. sometimes unable to equip the eq need to try few times then only fit to the box.

17. sk47z

sk47z Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    just encounter a crash. report send through email di :)
    was hitting a boss in dungeon 3 n auto exits :(

18. ying123

ying123 Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Auditor
    Singapore
    I had this problem too in both previous builds
    Maybe the beta test is supposed to end there?

19. lazypeon

Patreon Bronze

If you attack the boss and it closes, that's a bug :) I'll double-check this issue since a few people reported it. sk47z, I think you sent me a crash log for it?

Based on the feedback, improving the equipment screen is also on my TODO list. In addition to dragging, I'll probably add a double-tap equip, so you can pick which you like. The problem with double-tap is that it's no always obvious what slot the item will go to, based on the graphic. I like dragging because it highlights which slot the item will go in, and also lets you preview the bonus. That said, I will have both options because I'm aware it's sometimes hard to drag the item into the slot.

20. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I'm starting to play the new build some secretly at work. This build is nice. I like how the rune info is displayed now. I think the red tracer that shows movement makes it feel a little less jumpy when moving around. I haven't had any problem with accidental movements when pressing outside the playfield. No crashes yet. I sort of wish I could open the items menu while playing (unless I'm missing how to do it) but that might be by design for game mechanics.

Pricing, hmmm. I do like the game and after many plays I still find it fun. So it does have replay ability. One question is will there be updates with new content. If thatÂ’s the case you might want to start with a 2.99 price and have sales to keep the name out there for 1.99. If its not going to have more content go the 1.99 and have sales for 0.99.