League of [Epic] Heroes coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lazypeon, Oct 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    I can't save my levels after quit.Only equipment saved.Can you fix this?

2. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    That is the way a dungeon crawler / rogue like works. When you die you start at level 1 again. So far if you quit the game it resumes in the same spot you were at when you quit. When you die you keep all equipment, but revert to level 1, in essence giving you some kind of a leg up on the second time through.

So if I understand your question - this is what the genre is meant to do to prevent any save, battle, lose, resume, battle, lose, resume work around to dying.

If you quit and don't return to your same position then it is a problem as that is what happens with me. (and I presume should happen)

3. baobaoaz

baobaoaz Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    So how much are u aiming 4? 1.99 or 2.99 i think would be a great price

4. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Confirmed when hitting runes you move to diff. spot

5. Joey87

Joey87 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Executive
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Finally, I've managed to unlock all the dungeons. I really like the game, but i do have a few issues. (I don't have the new build yet, so this is based on the original build).

- the drag-and-drop mechanism to equip stuff onto your character is very frustrating. Maybe double click on the equipment to equip it? The equipment screen needs tweaking.
    - i'm not sure if its just me, but the touch control aren't responsive enough. It takes me a few tries to select the heroes, to equip stuff, to use skill, to change class, or anything which requires me to tap the screen.
    - This happens a lot during the game, where i try to attack but i can't after multiple tapping, so i have to move to a different spot and try attacking the same monster again.

Other than the touch controls, i really like this game. Mostly because of...
    - It's retro look!
    - Low battery consumption.
    - Easy game-play, yet there's lot of content in it, with the dungeons, the equipments, and so many heroes and classes which made a lot of customization possible.

There's some minor typo mistakes, one of the sword says "increase damage by %0"...i'll check what is it later as my phone is out of battery now (which shows how addicting the game is :p).

6. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    #86 Qurao, Nov 7, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2010
    Just got a bug: when entering the character selection menu, I couldn't select any character, and pressing continue only sent me back to the main menu. Closing and opening the app back up fixed this.

I'd also like a way to read each rune's description. I sometimes just pick them up, and then I don't know what they do, or even what their name is.

7. sk47z

sk47z Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    i agree to joey87. not only sword i pick up several equipment that show like tat. increase %0 dunno increase by how much -.-" it's still like tat in the new build.

8. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    #88 New England Gamer, Nov 7, 2010
    It says it for me:

Here is one I just received:

You've found a rune!
    Amidst the dusty tiles of the dungeon floor, you see a glimmering rune. Should you take it?

(in a brown/tan box) Rune of Fireball
    Sears the enemy, dealing 4 damage per level

Then a red box that says LEAVE to the left; a green box that says TAKE to the right

Add: Just got a second one - Rune of Cheat Death - and it had a similar set up with the description and all.

9. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    That's not what I mean. I want to be able to read a description from my rune panel. I sometimes forget what the different runes do when I've had them for a while without using them.

The description for Pyromancer says "Fireballs deal 25% more" so you're missing a word :)

10. Zghying

Zghying Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2010
    I played for a number of hours yesterday. I liked the game fairly well. Ive now noticed that there is a new build to test that should have fixed a number of the issues that I had with the game, such as the movement touching and the rune choice getting in the way when trying to move one space. I did have one crash/freeze when clicking on the character icon at the bottom. Also 1 game I played the Dwarf Rogue I could kill anything from the start. Didn't know if that was supposed to happen after several games but when I started that one I could kill the boss (10) right from the start at level 1.

I'll check out the new build in a bit and see how it runs.

11. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    My game just crashed for the first time. I'm playing rogue in Everfrost Citadel, and as soon as I attack the boss the game crashes.

I tried replicating the crash several times, and it crashed every time I tried.

12. New England Gamer

Jul 30, 2009
    Ok I understand your question now! And that was direct from the new build so maybe some of the words were changed? Or it is different for different class characters?

13. Qurao

Qurao Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Denmark
    #93 Qurao, Nov 7, 2010
    I don't get what you're saying. I just want to be able to see a description of each rune from here:
    [​IMG]

14. Zghying

Mar 10, 2010
    #94 Zghying, Nov 7, 2010
    Ok first game I'm liking the changes with movement and centering a lot. The new tutorial was nice too.

The touching the rune button and moving to a different spot is a game breaker, cant cast the spell because I move all the time. Also seems to do this when hitting potions.

In the last build it seemed I could attack a mob and the move away to get back HP and it would stay damaged, a few times I tried this tactic I would come back and the mob was back at full strength, this may be by design for some mobs I wasnt sure.

Once I find a new item is there a way to equip it right at that moment or do I have to wait for the next game? I couldnt find a way to do this if there was.

In the Credits could you use "Zghying" and not "Zghying08". This is my first beta test of a App (ive done PC games) so it is cool to be in the credits, thanks.

Off to test some more.

15. Zghying

Mar 10, 2010
    I'll agree with Qurao too, sometimes I forget one the runes do and some info on what they do after you get them would be nice.

16. lazypeon

lazypeon Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Thanks again for all the feedback. I'll respond to it when I have a bit more time. Trying to get some code done right now :)

For anyone reporting a crash, it would help if you're able to locate the crash log. Unfortunately, the process isn't very streamlined but you can read it here: Sending Crash Reports to a Developer. If you do have time to send the logs, please send to [email protected].

17. sk47z

sk47z Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    i've check mine. no crash report under league app. maybe i havent reach the stage cos now still in dungeon 2 >.<
    sawing Zghying talk abt the credits. i realize my name in the credit is Sk47, a "z" is missing :(

i agree with Qurao on the rune description as well. sometimes i kinda forget what is it fore. so far can only remmeber the fire and the poison one which i oweys use.

@Zghying - abt the going bak to the mob. i think unless u poison them or else they;ll be healing when u move away to open up path to heal urself. i think previous version oso same. cos i din encounter mob stay damage unless i poison them.

18. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    One thing I am noticing about the rune button, is that sometimes when I click on it I end up moving to that direction instead. Would it be possible to have moving disabled for the corner areas. Took me 3 minutes to the hero lined up to be able to cast fire ball because of this.

19. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Join the club! This is the most annoying bug for me.

20. nicodemus82

nicodemus82 Well-Known Member

#100 nicodemus82, Nov 7, 2010
    much prefer the single tap movement of the newer build and the centered camera. everything feels a lot quicker now.
    I agree with everyone else though. the fact that your character moves when you try to select a ruin is quite annoying. perhaps disable movement while the ruin menu is open.